Jamba Juice Reviews

385 reviews filtered by
3.1
Jamba Juice Chairman, President, and CEO James D. White
James D. White

Pros
  • Free smoothies were probably the best part (in 30 reviews)

• Fun environment, Non-professional requirements (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Leadership team is strong overall, but some executive team members not quite as strong as others (in 28 reviews)

• low pay, manager said possibly misleading things about career opportunities during interview (in 23 reviews)

1. Great - management is awesome

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate

I have been working at Jamba Juice part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great management, opportunities for promotions, good hours, nice team

Cons

Very fast paced, some team members don't give quality service

Be flexible with schedules

2. Fun, Part Time job

Former Employee - Shift Lead
    Former Employee - Shift Lead

I worked at Jamba Juice part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fun
    Great hours
    Nice environment
    Free drinks & food

Cons

Impatient customers
    Slow in winter months
    Wages aren't great
    Bad company music

3. Join if you think you can save the titanic

I have been working at Jamba Juice

Pros

Free Jamba Juice in the kitchen

Cons

Lack of leadership, constant shift in direction, "asset light" implementation means your friends wont be around for long.

Find another company to wreck, you've done a great job with this one.

5. Fun depending on who the manager is

Current Employee - Team Member in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Team Member in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Jamba Juice

Pros

*Free smoothie every shift
    *Get to try the smoothies
    *Fun when it is not busy
    *good for students

Cons

*gets really busy in summer time
    *hours depend on manager and how well you work

Order more than what you think you will need
    Pay needs to be raised

6. hazing is supported by management

Former Employee - Back Office in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Back Office in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Jamba Juice full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

nice blenders and that is about it

Cons

hazing employees is supported by top management - new employees are told to make smoothies within hours of starting work - on their first day on the job - with no prior training or experience - except for that given by the company mascot BANANA MAN - for even better 'effect' new employee are told to start making smoothies - specifically during peek hours - when the lines are long in front of many customers - to ensure the new employee experiences optimal humiliation. HR just shrugs their shoulders when confided in regarding this twisted practice. I am sure the store managers and senior store employees who endured the hazing --- feel superior. Now that is team work --- NOT! PS. this hazing is even done to folks who are hired to do work other than making smoothies (i.e. work in the back office) and are visiting a store to learn about business --- it is not enough the back office folks are made to wash dishes while visiting the store..

to put it nicely --- grow up!

7. Just started here as a Shift Lead in training (part-time).

I have been working at Jamba Juice part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Keep in mind I have ben working for this company for under a week, although I did wait an extraordinary amount of time to be put on the schedule after filling out hiring paperwork.
    The customers are *usually* quite pleasant, although one location I work at is in a very snooty area of town and you can definitely tell, overall the customers are great and as i understand it most are regulars.
    For the most part, management is helpful and very nice, they have really taken the time to show me all the ropes and more in my few days of working for this company, training is very thorough.
    Learning about boosts/ingredients and conveying that information to the health savvy customers is rewarding, it feels great when you can give someone exactly what they are looking for both nutrition and taste wise.
    I'm sure this would be a great experience for high school job seekers.

Cons

Some coworkers are incredibly disrespectful to me as a new employee, I have been ignored, and I have been abandoned at times, and as an extremely new employee being responsible for taking orders, blending, pouring, baked good and juices all at once during rushes, it leads to increased wait times and unsatisfied customers.
    Pay is definitely nothing great, about 30 cents above minimum depending on who hires you and for what position.
    Even though I have been on register every shift I have worked I have yet to see any tip money or have my questions about tip allocation answered.
    There are really no breaks given, and the expectation to produce is set quite high.

You need to make sure each and every shift lead is up to par! It's very frustrating to have an amazing shift lead and experience in one location, only to have the complete opposite in another location in the same district and under the same GM.
    Again, training was very thorough, but I feel as if some employees definitely need to be retrained on a regular basis, it's one thing to run down the line in 30 seconds with three blenders in hand; but in other aspects, be completely clueless. Yes, it's very very important to know the recipes, but there are many other important aspects to working in the food service industry.

8. Lots to learn in a short amount of time, but fun work environment

I worked at Jamba Juice part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The work environment is fast-paced and keeps you on your toes so you're never bored. There's always something to do even during non-rush times.

Cons

Since orders must be completed as soon as possible, learning the recipes is extremely important to maximize efficiency.

implement attractive compensation to keep management turnover low

9. jamba juice interview

Current Employee - Team Member in Clinton, UT
    Current Employee - Team Member in Clinton, UT

I have been working at Jamba Juice (more than a year)

Pros

great people, the smoothies are great because you get the chance to try all of them, it's fun because you get to goof around and be yourself, the management people are always nice. flexible schedules.

Cons

low pay, since the schedule depends on the weather sometimes when it gets busy in the middle of winter and there's only two people scheduled they might have to just deal with it, if the store is busy you often dont get a break.

keep up the good work! the company is great! and i like that they are adding more healthy things in the menu for those people that are really focus in balance diet. they treat their employees right.

10. Always changing

I have been working at Jamba Juice

Pros

Ability to set own schedule. Flexible work hours. Some store managers have positive outlook.

Cons

Corp always changing in store focus. Upper management distant and out of touch with decisions. Limited ability to move forward. Disagreement with anyone above store level is never received well.

Allow employees to be honest. If a team member has a different option don't try to argue with them why they're wrong. It's ok to be challenged.

11. Mentor

I have been working at Jamba Juice

Pros

Is a fun job for students, gaining new experiences.

Cons

Moving up to higher position

Better scheduling and promoting

Jamba Juice Photos

Parking lot view of the Jamba Juice headquarter office located in Emeryville, CA (Photo by Coolcaesar - available under CC-BY-NC-SA 3.0 & GFDL, v1.62)
Jamba Juice