Jamba Juice Reviews

404 reviews filtered by

1. jamba juice interview

Current Employee - Team Member in Clinton, UT
    Current Employee - Team Member in Clinton, UT

I have been working at Jamba Juice (More than a year)

Pros

great people, the smoothies are great because you get the chance to try all of them, it's fun because you get to goof around and be yourself, the management people are always nice. flexible schedules.

Cons

low pay, since the schedule depends on the weather sometimes when it gets busy in the middle of winter and there's only two people scheduled they might have to just deal with it, if the store is busy you often dont get a break.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work! the company is great! and i like that they are adding more healthy things in the menu for those people that are really focus in balance diet. they treat their employees right.

2. Lots to learn in a short amount of time, but fun work environment

I worked at Jamba Juice part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work environment is fast-paced and keeps you on your toes so you're never bored. There's always something to do even during non-rush times.

Cons

Since orders must be completed as soon as possible, learning the recipes is extremely important to maximize efficiency.

Advice to Management

implement attractive compensation to keep management turnover low

3. Fun, Part Time job

Former Employee - Shift Lead
    Former Employee - Shift Lead

I worked at Jamba Juice part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun
    Great hours
    Nice environment
    Free drinks & food

Cons

Impatient customers
    Slow in winter months
    Wages aren't great
    Bad company music

5. Awesome, high-energy company to work for!

Former Employee - Jamba Juice in Tigard, OR
    Former Employee - Jamba Juice in Tigard, OR

I worked at Jamba Juice full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I thoroughly enjoyed my time working for Jamba! They work very hard to instill their culture and values in you and ensure that you are set up success to do your job. Lots of opportunity to move up.

Cons

Many of the employees are high school students and Jamba only promotes within so some of the shift supervisors are high schoolers. Sometimes the inexperienced supervisors creates tension in the workplace.

Advice to Management

More training for shift supervisors.

6. Just started here as a Shift Lead in training (part-time).

I have been working at Jamba Juice part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Keep in mind I have ben working for this company for under a week, although I did wait an extraordinary amount of time to be put on the schedule after filling out hiring paperwork.
    The customers are *usually* quite pleasant, although one location I work at is in a very snooty area of town and you can definitely tell, overall the customers are great and as i understand it most are regulars.
    For the most part, management is helpful and very nice, they have really taken the time to show me all the ropes and more in my few days of working for this company, training is very thorough.
    Learning about boosts/ingredients and conveying that information to the health savvy customers is rewarding, it feels great when you can give someone exactly what they are looking for both nutrition and taste wise.
    I'm sure this would be a great experience for high school job seekers.

Cons

Some coworkers are incredibly disrespectful to me as a new employee, I have been ignored, and I have been abandoned at times, and as an extremely new employee being responsible for taking orders, blending, pouring, baked good and juices all at once during rushes, it leads to increased wait times and unsatisfied customers.
    Pay is definitely nothing great, about 30 cents above minimum depending on who hires you and for what position.
    Even though I have been on register every shift I have worked I have yet to see any tip money or have my questions about tip allocation answered.
    There are really no breaks given, and the expectation to produce is set quite high.

Advice to Management

You need to make sure each and every shift lead is up to par! It's very frustrating to have an amazing shift lead and experience in one location, only to have the complete opposite in another location in the same district and under the same GM.
    Again, training was very thorough, but I feel as if some employees definitely need to be retrained on a regular basis, it's one thing to run down the line in 30 seconds with three blenders in hand; but in other aspects, be completely clueless. Yes, it's very very important to know the recipes, but there are many other important aspects to working in the food service industry.

7. Easy & Fun!

I worked at Jamba Juice

Pros

Easy job with flexible hours. Great to do if you are a student since they are super accommodating.

Cons

The outfits aren't the best to wear - An orange visor isn't number 1 in my wardrobe. They could definitely invest in more attractive uniforms.

8. Great experience, great boss, interesting customers.

Current Employee - Shift Lead in Carson, CA
    Current Employee - Shift Lead in Carson, CA

I have been working at Jamba Juice part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Creating new drinks for customers with preferences and/or special dietary needs, fun coworkers, upbeat environment

Cons

Coworkers (this varies by store), rude customers (only sometimes), lunch/dinner rushes can last for hours

Advice to Management

Management is great, they're very understanding and helpful. Sometimes they take their stress out on team members, but that is to be expected every now and then.

9. Always changing

I have been working at Jamba Juice

Pros

Ability to set own schedule. Flexible work hours. Some store managers have positive outlook.

Cons

Corp always changing in store focus. Upper management distant and out of touch with decisions. Limited ability to move forward. Disagreement with anyone above store level is never received well.

Advice to Management

Allow employees to be honest. If a team member has a different option don't try to argue with them why they're wrong. It's ok to be challenged.

10. Team Member - Part time

Former Employee - Team Member in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Team Member in Chicago, IL

I worked at Jamba Juice part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

High energy, managers truly cared about their employees and wanted them to enjoy their time at work. A lot of opportunity to learn about health benefits of different additives within the smoothies prepared in their store.

Cons

The only problem I had while working at Jamba Juice was that I did not receive as many hours as I wanted to.

It used to be a great company to work for

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Jamba Juice

Pros

50% off food and drinks, fun atmosphere, camaraderie

Cons

Downsizing, horrible labor model, low wages, and corporate is disconnected with the team members. No merit increases for anyone this year. A slap in the face for all the hard work we do.

Advice to Management

Keep it simple, stupid! Stop adding to the menu & focus on mastering your craft. Take care of your people and they will help you succeed!