Jamba Juice

Jamba Juice Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Jamba Juice Chairman, President, and CEO James D. White

James D. White

Pros
  • Free smoothies were probably the best part (in 27 reviews)

• Fun environment, Non-professional requirements (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Leadership team is strong overall, but some executive team members not quite as strong as others (in 25 reviews)

• The pay is just about minimum wage, but you can make up for this in tips (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

A fun job for people who love people

Team Member (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsFun atmosphere, good employee discount, encouragement for healthy living

ConsLoud, low pay (though for unskilled position, it fits), early hours if you're on opening shift

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider pay raises for long term employees, it's difficult to stay enthusiastic when you've been working for a year, with no sense of payroll enhancement

It was good while in college for a summer job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe one good thing is that there is a great deal of friendly staff and good customer movies. Plus free smoothies

ConsThe work was simple enough, but there was little room for growth. There was demanding staffing during the summer months that is inflexible

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Funky and fun work culture

Staff Accountant (Former Employee) Emeryville, CA

ProsReasonably good place to work. Company sponsors almost monthly employee events.

ConsCompensation somewhat lower than market value

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

More with less

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Emeryville, CA

ProsNice kitchen, company parties/gatherings, bart/bus friendly. Really flexible on schedule.

ConsHigh expectations without compensation or staffing. Projects released before proper testing and support.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey really care about the culture and activities, but very little about monetary incentives.

Enjoyable co-workers. Terrible Pay

Pros- Can be a fun work environment with the right staff
    - Depending on store location can customers can be great or terrible
    - Flexible Hours
    - Some Healthy Products

Cons- No/ To poor health insurance benefits for mid-level managers and team members.
    - Tight labor hour usage making stressful situations
    - Very low pay for whats expected on a day to day basis
    - Potential for raise is once a year with performance review
    - HR/Insurance department unorganized causing errors

Company seems to be degrading...

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Auburn, CA

ProsGreat place to learn customer service, meet new faces and learn to work in the food service/customer service industry without working fast food. Good for learning basic management skills.

ConsCompany seems to be slowing down. Smoothies might have been a dying fad? The company is selling off it's locations to franchise companies, that seem to be struggling as well. Great place to work as a team member, but once you get into management, you quickly realize that there are many shortcoming including labor hour allotment, and very poor pay considering no bonuses or full-time benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your managers. Team members come and go but a lot of college-age individuals would love to get management experience in a place like this, but find better opportunities elsewhere.

Great first job

ProsTaught me great work ethics that I refer to today in my professional career (building blocks, FIBER)
    I have "clean as you go" ingrained and it has made me the cleanest roommate ever
    There was always a balance of fun while on the job, best job I have had to this day because I was lucky enough to have a great fun team (innocent games for when it was slow like when we had to clean -- sticking a post-it on our back and guessing what was written on it -- we had a store beach day in the summer, etc)
    Made great connections with regulars (googlers, san jose mercury employees, radio people)

ConsFor the amount of work you do, especially in the summer, min wage+ just doesn't seem to balance it out -- it's fine for a high schooler i suppose
    It is a mindless job, and if you don't have the right team/people to work with you can get bored of it in 3 months easily.
    If you have the wrong shift manager, scheduling can become a nuisance and a confusion.

Fantastic Company

General Manager (Former Employee) Honolulu, HI

ProsFantastic company that really follows its values.

ConsAll your team members are teens or early twenties, they need a lot of development, and there can be a lot of drama.

Advice to Senior ManagementI learned so much from these guys!

Good people, good energy

Director-level In Corporate Office (Former Employee) Emeryville, CA

ProsGreat culture: energetic, passionate, fun. Great people. Lots of opportunity for personal growth and movement across different departments of company. Good work-life balance.

ConsCompany / senior management sometimes tries to do too many things at once. Leadership team is strong overall, but some executive team members not quite as strong as others. Challenging to keep all constituents in a franchise-oriented organization happy.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focused on the core of what Jamba does best: smoothies and juices.

Work anywhere else

Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsFree smoothies, mostly fun people to work with.

ConsHorrible, horrible, HORRIBLE management. Don't expect to make money if you work here.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll of you should not work for Jamba.

Worked for Jamba Juice? Contribute to the Community!