Jamba Juice Reviews

1. If you can handle the work, it's a great company to work for

Former Employee - Store Manager in Vacaville, CA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Vacaville, CA

I worked at Jamba Juice

Pros

Hands on training of new employees. Friendly environment. Not micromanaged from General Manager. Hours are flexible. With the right employees, it can be a rewarding job.

Cons

Some General Managers are more concerned with the store's bottom line, in which case it can be frustrating to jump through many hoops that are inconsiderate of your time, as well as the employees you are responsible for.

None, It's a great company, and run efficiently and effectively

2. Good starter job

I have been working at Jamba Juice

Pros

Great environment, good people,

Cons

Pay isn't enough for work you do, shift leaders and managers are really young and very little experience, can be slow at times

Train management team to be leaders

3. Lead postion.

Current Employee - Lead Postion in Avondale, AZ
    Current Employee - Lead Postion in Avondale, AZ

I have been working at Jamba Juice

Pros

Awesome people, opportunity to move up.

Cons

Micomanagement, hard to get people to listen.

Don't be so on there case.

5. Good company overall

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

I worked at Jamba Juice full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good people, fun brand, opportunity to move around is very good (better than at most companies), and warm culture.

Cons

Some of the leadership team is good, but some seem to lack good business judgement and vision. I often saw the company trying to do too many things at once instead of focusing their teams' efforts on critical objectives that made more sense for the brand.

Focus on efforts that address/improve the core essence of the brand. Don't try to do too many things at once or you will not do any one thing well. Make sure to show appreciation for employees and encourage/reward exceptional work.

6. Not as good as it sounds

Former Employee - Team Member
    Former Employee - Team Member

I worked at Jamba Juice part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Easy to adapt to, don't have to deal with customers for long periods of time, fairly easy job requirements

Cons

Contrary to the other reviews, NO free smoothies, company doesn't care about anything but sales and completely disregards its employees, managers are expected to do 100 times more than they are acually able to and my location was always understaffed so it was difficult to meet the time deadlines for someone's drink if there was a line out the door and only two people on the clock.

Pay your managers more for all the hard work they do and stop being so cheap!

7. Fun experience

Current Employee - Team Member

I have been working at Jamba Juice part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I was a part-timer at Jamba Juice as a team member. The friendly co-workers that motivates me to do well, it have left a very good impression on me.

Cons

Early night shifts, so it does go very quiet and lonely at night, it depends on the location I guess. Long term is a problem. That is all.

Thank you, you the best.

8. Fine job, fun company, room to learn and grow and everyone you know will love that you work there.

Former Employee - General Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - General Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Jamba Juice full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Jamba Juice has a fun environment, lots of healthy things to eat and drink and pretty lax coworkers for the most part.

Cons

Early mornings and particular customers with lots of peculiar needs. Hard to find long term, reliable help. That's pretty much it.

You guys are pretty cool.

9. Team Lead

I have been working at Jamba Juice

Pros

Good pay good smoothies fun atmosphere.

Cons

Just needs a better room for improvement within the company.

10. It's easy

Current Employee - Shift Lead
    Current Employee - Shift Lead

I have been working at Jamba Juice full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You smile at reg, make smoothies within 3 min and make sure you're sampling throughout the day to increase juice sales. prep in between rushes or staff appropriately to get things done. Keep standards high.

Cons

No free smoothies, winter gets super slow.

if you freak out about a corporate visit, we will too

Corporate Greed Leads to Understaffing and No Motivation

Former Employee - Shift Lead in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Shift Lead in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Jamba Juice full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-My last GM was the single best boss I've had in the retail sector.
    -Loved my fellow employees.
    -I really lucked out with the first two; your experience may vary depending on your co-workers and management team.
    -At the entry level, pay is basically fair for the amount of work expected (see Cons for after entry level, though).
    -I ate really healthily in my time there.
    -Retail food service: it's not like you're taking work home with you or anything, so that's a plus.

Cons

-Corporate penny pinching pressures managers to cut labor at every opportunity, even when it's unwise (during holidays and busy summer hours).
    -Paltry wages for the amount of work expected of Shift Leads and up (bare minimum wage even in areas with high cost of living). Promotion to shift lead triples your responsibilities, with only a dollar ($1!) raise.
    -Pathetic benefits package. Cheaper and better health care just opting out and going through Covered California.
    -A constant stream of new product launches leads to training headaches and customer dissatisfaction as old favorites are bumped to make room for some clueless MBA's next big idea-which invariably fails.
    -Misleading sales practices. There's sugar in fruits, you know.
    -At the store before my last, an outside-hire GM with no experience with the company routinely screwed up day-to-day operations due to her lack of training and habit of clocking out three hours before her shift. Neither her direct superior nor her fellow GMs were willing to pick up her slack, nor could she be fired because of her relationship to another district manager's brother. It made working there a living hell, as we were understaffed and new hires could hardly prevail upon a GM who knew nothing to help them out.

-James White: Maybe we'd have more money for labor if you weren't blowing it on extravagant houses. This comes straight from a contractor you used who happened to visit my store and noticed we were understaffed in the summer months.

-Obviously, promote from within. There's nothing more spirit-crushing than knowing you as a Lead know more than your own General Manager.

-Foster a true sense of community responsibility and care for the employees. Take the examples learned from effective GMs (like my last boss) and incorporate that into your training regime. Otherwise, you get a bunch of disrespectful 21-year-olds with filthy mouths and smoking habits calling the shots for people ten years their senior (like my first boss).

-If you're trying to create a culture of health and compassion, start with your own. Better pay, better consistency with hours.

-Have DMs do their g.d. jobs and resolve conflicts on the ground. I had to basically put down a mutiny myself as my team members wised up to the fact that their GM was bloody incompetent, with no help from the DM or Corporate.

-HIRE MORE STAFF.

Jamba Juice Photos

Parking lot view of the Jamba Juice headquarter office located in Emeryville, CA (Photo by Coolcaesar - available under CC-BY-NC-SA 3.0 & GFDL, v1.62)
Jamba Juice