Jameson Inns

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Dan Burdakin

This was the worst job I have ever had.

Harrisonburg, VA

ProsThe only pro that i experienced from this job was working with the public and meeting new people every day.

ConsThere is absolutley no room for advancement, staffing was always an issue and we were required to work double shifts to keep the front desk maintained at all times while the manager sat at home and wouldn't answer any calls to assist the employees if there was an issue. The employees who not actually doing their job duties we're somehow always off the hook no matter what they did while the others fought hard to keep the hotel running.

Advice to Senior ManagementClose the Harrisonburg Jameson or terminate the current manager. i was degraded and humiliated in front of other employees on a daily basis.

not good for full time

Jameson (Current Employee)
    Toronto (Cuba)

Prosi dont think I can name any

Conslow pay, rude managers, and bad hours

Advice to Senior Managementgive higher pay

It was often a struggle to convince myself not to quit sooner.

Front Desk Associate (Current Employee)

ProsIt pays money so that I can pay the bills, and it fits in my school schedule. It was also nice to get to work alone.

ConsEmployee turnover is very high. Every day is the same thing as the day before; there is no variation in the day-to-day routine. Everything is unnecessarily micro-managed, all the way down to the "phone script" that must be followed "every call, every time," which is nearly impossible because not every phone call is the same and warrants the same "script".

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to do a better job training associates, and there is no reason why it should take more than half a year to find a new manager in this economy.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

lead , follow , or get out of the way

Prosits heated in the winter and a,c in the summer.company dicout at other locations, flexable schedule and the p.t.o time that can be aquired

Consno room for advancement or raise, nothing is appreciated , there,s no overtime available you get called in and the next day you have to leave early because of the overtime, and it seems when ever something comes up and no one wants to do it ,we,ll then it falls under maintenance

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your employees , some do know what their talking about,keep supplies on hand . its bad when you have to run to the hardware store for a 30 cent item

General Manager

General Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe guests were great, the staff was wonderful. We worked as a team and we worked independently of upper management. We only saw the Regional Manager once every quarter.

ConsThe upper management is horrible, they do not communicate with anyone. They are reactive and not proactive. They will walk into a hotel and fire people randomly. They are well known for this and they don't have to have a reason although they strongly promote the "3 writeup rule" and make sure that they have covered all their bases. They do not reward for performance. They have cut bonuses and made them virtually impossible to achieve. They cover their own mistakes while taking down anyone in their way.

Advice to Senior ManagementSince you know it all, it doesn't matter anyway.

Front Desk

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLots of freedom. Management did not miro-manage workers.

ConsCorporate budgets were often not correct and unrealistic.

Front Desk Clerk

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood hours and okay pay

Consno coverage. hard to take days off

Advice to Senior Managementhave more than one person working the desk

I feel management needs more communication

Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee)
    Douglas, GA

Prosco workers, meet new people

Consyou have to do laundry while working the front desk

Advice to Senior Managementcommunication is the key

Nice work environment but support the little people

General Manager (Current Employee)

ProsCompany cares about employees and tries to reward them, but fall short in doing so. They do praise their employees, and it is an overall good company

ConsMore reward is given to managers than the hard workers like front desk people and housekeeper. They reward sales efforts more than guest compliments and reviews.

Advice to Senior ManagementDue away with company bonuses... they are a joke anyway. Give gift cards to employees who earn high marks rather than high shop call scorers or GMs who have sales success

I am very happy working at The Jameson Inn.

Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee)
    Greeneville, TN

ProsThe people that I work with at the Jameson Inn are very professional, polite, considerate and caring people. To me it kind of feels like a family working together to achieve the same goals to make the Jameson Inn a great place to stay and a great place to work.

ConsProbably the only thing I could say is a downside is the pay. Since I do both housekeeping and some front desk, I see all the hard work that everyone does. We all work hard and sometimes $7.50 an hour just doesnt seem enough.

Worked for Jameson Inns? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jameson Inns reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Jameson Inns CEO Dan Burdakin. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Jameson Inns employees.