Jamestown Community College

www.sunyjcc.edu

Jamestown Community College Reviews

4.0

CEO

A group of true professionals at all levels.

I worked at Jamestown Community College part-time

Pros

Everyone is a true professional, at all staff levels (faculty, staff, and administration included). Everyone seems to teamwork very well together and share responsibilities as needed, and all know they are responsible for the face of this higher-ed institution.

Many individuals go the extra mile to care for and support the students, and the staff who maintain the technology and physical infrastructure are always looking for ways to both do their own jobs better and to save the college's money and resources.

Cons

Both perceived and actual disconnect from central Jamestown administration; however, this did not affect daily job performance or outlook.

Great place to work, friendly people

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Jamestown, NY
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Jamestown, NY

I worked at Jamestown Community College as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

See above. Very education/quality focused, everyone very nice and easy to work with. Nice mix of those who'd been there a long time, and younger, new people. Very qualified and diverse group. I was a graphic designer there but I got to interact with staff, faculty and students.

Cons

Union school. I was part-time, 14 hrs a week, contract for 8 months (later extended). I was eligible for NO BENEFITS, but somehow, union dues were still greedily siphoned off my paychecks. No way to opt-out (trust me, I fought this and called MANY people to dispute this). Got to the union steward or whatever his title was, and even HE didn't like the union, he was just defaulted/grandfathered into the position. No one could tell me what my dues went toward, which is absolute thievery, since I could not get any benefits.

Make the ridiculous union optional. Other than that, great place to work.

I love my job, I just wish it was a full time position

Current Employee - Adjunct Faculty
    Current Employee - Adjunct Faculty

I have been working at Jamestown Community College

Pros

Great collegial atmosphere, beautiful campus, supportive Deans,

Cons

For me the lack of tenured positions, often feel disrespected by full time faculty outside of my own department, unable to make a full contribution to the life of the college

Good work environment, not competitive reimbursement

I worked at Jamestown Community College

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, very good about caring for students (many employees generally believe in and care for their work)

Cons

3 warring unions on campus stifle all competitiveness and advancement