Janaagraha Centre for Citizenship

Janaagraha Centre for Citizenship Reviews

Updated May 29, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

The issues dealt with here are real and out there.

Associate (Current Employee)
    Bangalore (India)

ProsOffice culture is great, friendly atmosphere, The kind of work here attracts a lot of youth. Inspiring and will certainly turn you into a socialist

ConsSome days have heavy working hours, but that does not really get counted into the bonuses. Since its an Ngo the pay is not very satisfactory

Short-term contract field associate.

Field Associate (Former Employee)
    Bangalore (India)

ProsDiverse field of professionals. Good training before start of project. Met a lot of team-mates and built good friendships. Janaagraha has a good reputation in Bangalore; so it definitely helps to work as their ambassadors. I also liked the office.

ConsLeadership and Management team are not very inspiring! They don't make you feel like a part of the team; so at the end of the day it just becomes a chore!

Advice to Senior ManagementAn organisation which has been set up with highest of beliefs . Janaagraha is doing great work but I really wish that the work environment was more personal; where the management genuinely makes you feel like being a part of a team. Secondly, with funds coming in from generous donors, I think an attempt should be made to do some real developmental work along with just carrying out surveys and making reports. That's just an opinion; other than that- carry on the good work/

Terrible ppl to work with

Associate (Former Employee)
    Bangalore (India)

ProsGreat at PR, some good work

Consno respect for ppl, no employee benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst and pathetic company, be jobless than to work here

Software Developer (Former Employee)
    Bangalore (India)

ProsIf you want a divorced then working here is good reason otherwise no reason to work in a jail like company

Consbad management....no idea of personal life...treated like dogs....managers can able to do anything they want. do not speak agsinst them or you get fired

Advice to Senior Managementstop being puppets and treet your employees as human

Very dissatisfied and hectic.

Facilitator (Current Employee)
    Bangalore (India)

ProsThe job here is suitable for two groups of people - 1) Young people without jobs to gain experience (2) the rich/old people without any familial commitment who are not hard pressed for money and time.

ConsVery unprofessional management. No transparency. The concept of part time work has no significance here. The so called part time work is more than over time work. There is no novelty in ideas or ideals. It appears to be complete drama and a play of hide and seek. Very tiring work schedules. Unnecessary repetitive discussions.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease dont take everyone for granted. Try to have empathy if not sympathy. Partime means - part time not extra full time or over time....!!!!! have meaningful exercises. Dont make policies and work execution just for the heck of doing something.

Worst

Software Developer (Current Employee)
    Bangalore (India)

ProsIf you do not have any job, you can struggle with your time.

ConsNo management. Daily changes in your work. No professionalism. Managers are like your wife who don't know anything but will act as if they are equivalent to Wikipedia. If you do something they will share it and if you have done wrong then you may be fired. If you complete 6 months then chances are there that you will stay here else most get fired before that.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to treat Employee as Employee not as servants or Bonded Labor.

No Staff Welfare

Programme Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Bangalore (India)

ProsCome here to retire, the more you stay here the more indispensable you become irrespective of the work performance

ConsNo Mediclaim, No insurance, No benefits to work, Employee unfriendly policies

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on retaining employees with better policies

Worked for Janaagraha Centre for Citizenship? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Janaagraha Centre for Citizenship reviews and ratings. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Janaagraha Centre for Citizenship employees.