Jani-King Reviews

Updated October 15, 2014
Updated October 15, 2014
2.3

Jim Cavanaugh Jr.

It was a great learning experience!

I have been working at Jani-King

Pros

Flexible schedule and management is very nice!

Cons

No room for promotions in this company.

Account executive

I worked at Jani-King

Pros

Leads provided, benefits and designated territory .

Cons

Some leads are not well qualified.

Train the franchisees better .

If you can survive a year the. You can work anywhere.

I worked at Jani-King full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good sales tools. Other than that nothing. If you want to work in an atmosphere where you are constantly being stabbed in the back this is the place for you!

Cons

Where do I start.. High turnover RDs have no experience and there is no accountability for higher ups. No room for growth and the base salary is ridiculously low. Burn out quickly and they do not trust employees at all. The corporate office is a joke as well as the CEO. Regional Directors compete with AEs. No teamwork at all. Lots of micromanaging.

Treat employees better

Terrible

Former Employee - Custodian in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Custodian in New York, NY

I worked at Jani-King part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nothing. Honestly not worth it. It was too much work for too little time and not enough pay.

Cons

The job wasn't organized at all. The boss was constantly late. No proper training, and very low pay.

Good place to work at in between jobs

Former Employee - Custodian in Saint Joseph, MO
    Former Employee - Custodian in Saint Joseph, MO

I worked at Jani-King full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Easy Work no beenfits are raises.

Cons

No benefits worthless co workers tuned out management.

Hired and let go after 3 days

Current Employee - Operations Advisor in Wiggins, MS
    Current Employee - Operations Advisor in Wiggins, MS

I have been working at Jani-King full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nothing, I was employed for three days before being let go because this wasn't going to be a good fit for me

Cons

An arrogant tyrant as a boss, no positivity, no training, disorganized!

I accepted this position as I had been in retail management for 15 years and was looking to make a career change in order to have a better work life balance. Keep in mind, I was taking a dramatic pay cut to come to this company, but thought that life was about risk taking, so I graciously accepted.

Day one, franchise owner day. I showed up at the office an hour early and was instructed by my RD that this position had high turnover and I need to be diligent in learning and etc. Not a good way to start my first day.... I was also told that I would be meeting all the franchise owners, which I did, and after that I shadowed the RD on a bid to a local retail store to learn how to measure and bid. When we arrived, we introduced ourselves to the representative and I got stuck in a lengthy conversation with the rep about retail history, etc., while my "trainer" just got to work without actually showing me anything. Upon leaving, I was chastised for talking too much and not paying attention to him. Really? You are the trainer sir, train. Day one was over.

Day two was another nightmare. We had scheduled another appointment for that morning for me and the RD to meet with another potential client. We arrived 45 minutes late, not professional at all. I followed my RDs instructions and remained relatively quiet as to not upset him during this job. I arrived back in the office and was instructed to watch DVDs on operations training, which I did. I was also instructed to meet with the Sales Executive to shadow him making lead calls for potential business. That was completed as well. End of day two, thankfully.

Day three really took the cake. Keep in mind, I am commuting at least thirty minutes to Wiggins, MS. I encountered minor traffic that morning and was late by 5 minutes. I called ahead of time just to give them a courtesy call. When I arrived, they were in the morning meeting. I joined them and we finished the meeting. After the conclusion of the meeting, I was asked to meet with the RD privately. He began his speech with "day three and you are already late, not a good impression. Is this a right fit for you?" I was floored, not because of the arriving late, which I apologized for, but for the brashness of this tyrant to ask me if this is a good fit for me. I am on my third day. I don't know the company or the business. I feel like a fifth wheel, just waiting for some training and direction. I was heated, but remained professional and calm. He offered to go over franchise disclosures with me that morning, which I was appreciative of. But, he chastised me once again for interjecting too much. Jesus lord, I'm trying to learn you a**hole. He informed me that he was out of the office the rest of the day and I was to read training manuals, which in did. End of day three, and I am livid.

Day four was fantastic. I arrive to the office early, and began reading my manuals as instructed. 10 minutes later, the tyrant walks in and says, "Keith, I'm letting you go. This is not a good fit for you. I need someone who is a go getter and eager to help." I was shocked. I began a conversation with him regarding his decision, and he said "I'm not going to debate this with you, can we finish this up so I can move on". I agreed with him and gathered my personal belongings and left.

To sum, this was an awful experience for me. This tyrant needs to be terminated ASAP. He possesses no humility or grace. He speaks to his staff like they are peasants. He is arrogant and full of himself. No wonder the turnover rate is so high in that office, look who's running it. Oh, and his son works for him. Anyone heard of fraternization? Apparently not this tyrant.

Stay away from JaniKing in Wiggins, MS.

The Wiggins, MS office needs a new Regional Director

Stagnant

Current Employee - Regional Director
    Current Employee - Regional Director

I have been working at Jani-King full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Autonomy with schedule in the field, M-F Schedule 8-5.

Cons

Pay is lower than average for similar jobs, no defined career path, stagnant wages for 5 years, plethora of issues with franchise owners and their customers daily, no control of franchise owners employees, poor work ethics of franchise owners that reflect a negative light on Jani King making it tough to sell accounts.

''''no personal growth for Franchise Owners, no continuing education requirements in order to stay a current franchise owner, 85% of these people bought themselves a job not a businesses, and they don't know how to switch from labor to management. FO is not given the tools to be successful , and if they can make it on 70% of billing after paying Jani King 30% of everything they make, Uncle Sam get his 12% , Labor gets 40%Franchise owners are lucky to bring home 20% of billing before chemical and gas expense.

Way over rated for "your bang for the buck!"

I worked at Jani-King full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You can prioritize your daily schedule

Cons

Very stressful as the salary too does Not match the job details!

A Major change is in need!

great company

I have been working at Jani-King full-time

Pros

Great company, very friendly environment

Cons

No IRA or maternity leave

Jani King RDU the Raleigh, NC regional office has great experienced and freindly staff.

Current Employee - Business Development Coordinator in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Business Development Coordinator in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Jani-King full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is the Master Franshisee office for the eastern NC region and headquatered in Raleigh NC. The staff at Jani King are a great group of people that have been the company's core for several years. It is a very low pressure environment for its Sales Representative and has a great and highly experienced Operations team, both of which are really dedicated to our clients and Franchise owners.

Cons

The company's upper management does not have clear vision about how to grow the company beyond thier current status. The focus is soley on generating revenue but not growth and maintaining competitveness within the marketplace. Also there is a lack of adherence to effective policy. Upper management does not reinforce annual reviews nor timely compensation increases. Though the work life balance is good the company's upper management does not make any effort to promote team building or employee/family inclusive atmosphere.

Management would gain a better perspective on how to more efectively maintain competiveness in the market place by listening to both middle management and the company's sales and operation team. Also providing sensible annual compensation increases and better opportunities for growth would motivate and increase moral.