Jani-King

Updated February 18, 2015
Updated February 18, 2015
2.3

Jim Cavanaugh Jr.

Pros
  • Easy Work no beenfits are raises (in 2 reviews)

• Holidays off, great group of people that I work with (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • franchise owners employees, poor work ethics of franchise owners that reflect a negative light on Jani King making it tough to sell accounts (in 7 reviews)

• there is a very high turn-over rate for sales reps, but I think that goes for any sales rep (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Good company to work for. Be ready to hit the ground running.

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Jani-King full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I work in the regional office in sales. I love the people I work with. They are supportive and you feel like you're a part of a family. Every day is a joy to be here. I love meeting new clients and sharing with them the benefits of our services. Almost every business needs commercial cleaning services, so you have a great amount of prospects to speak with. I strongly believe in the company's values, and how they give back to the community. They give 10% of their profits to charitable organizations that I really believe in.

Cons

You must meet and exceed your sales goals during the first 90 days. The company is very strict about that. You need to be ready to hit the ground running...immediately.
    There have been times when you wonder if a franchise owner will even accept the new business you bring them once you close a good sale.

Give new sales employees more of an opportunity to ramp up their numbers (beyond 90 days). You could miss a long-term, profitable employee if you cut him off before he gets a chance to really put good numbers on the books. Also, there have been times when you wonder if a franchise owner will even accept the new business you bring them once you close a good sale.

Good work

I have been working at Jani-King full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good work environment. Always something to clean or franchise owners to deal with. I would recommend you to take a look.

Cons

Hours are hard. If you're in ops then you're on call 24/7.. You have to stay on your feet. Fast paced.

Good People

Current Employee - Cleaner in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Cleaner in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Jani-King part-time (more than a year)

Pros

They will give you a chance if you are a hard worker.

Cons

Not always quick to respond.

"Web of deception "

Current Employee - Franchise Owner in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Franchise Owner in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Jani-King

Pros

Being your own boss..........kinda....the experience teaches you what not to do. You do, however, receive some compensation. Easy to join if you have the money.

Cons

Everything they tell you is a lie! They sell you a dream to get you to put up your money. They are not not helpful to the franchise owners. Training is minimal. Not organized. Very costly!

Put yourself in these people who are buying these franchises. They are slaving to satisfy these accounts and making very little money, while you all get rich! Stop lying to these people! Your robbing them blind! They may not be able to do anything about it, but trust, the Lord will!!!!!

Greed Driven Management

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES
    Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES

I worked at Jani-King

Pros

Company Car. Gas Card. That's it.

Cons

You'll get a few leads each week, but most likely, none of them will close because their pricing is higher than the competition. When there is a good lead, even in your assigned territory, your manager will most likely take the lead and you will get $0.

Consider easing up on the micro management. Allow your sales reps access to the computer system from their own home rather than reporting to the office every day. Share the good leads...don't be so greedy.

Good Place to start.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Jani-King

Pros

not a very stressful job

Cons

bad leads and not a very personal relationship with customers

compensation, better leads, more direction

My experience was ok but some of the people were not to nice.

Former Employee - Telemarketing in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Telemarketing in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Jani-King part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good customer service, great company, helpful to the employers and understanding if u need to take off for sick reasons or kids.

Cons

Phone competitive sales working with a group

Always be good to your employers and they will be there for your company to help you grow.

Never Again!

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Jani-King full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There is a bonus program, but the goals of DM / Sales people are never met. Company car.

Cons

Pay is Salary. No ability to recover any overtime worked.

FIRE the DM!

Unbelievable !

Former Employee - Director in Memphis, TX
    Former Employee - Director in Memphis, TX

I worked at Jani-King

Pros

A paycheck , nice office, company car, cell phone , i pad, all furnished.

Cons

Too many to list, management of master franchiser less than desirable, no career path at all, hard to hit sales goals with all the operational duties required.

Get rid of the franchise concept and direct hire cleaners, these franchise owners are very complacent and many lack any business accumen and few are hard working in my experience. Payment of 31.5% of all Jani King contracts as a Royality and finders fee is absurdly high % ! Usury ?

Long hours / low salaries/ greed

Current Employee - Operations Advisor in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Operations Advisor in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Jani-King full-time (less than a year)

Pros

People in the company are friendly and there is a good team. Franchise owners are good people, hard workers. There is a lot of networking with customers and franchise owners.

Cons

Salaries are lowest in the industry. Managers don’t recognize the worth of the people. Lack of leadership. Greed is their core value, they don’t care take advantage of franchise owners (cleaners), when someone is interested in purchase a franchise they are friendly and pretend they care for the people, all the family come together to welcome the new franchise owners. Once they got the money of the people they treat them as employees and there is no respect for them. They don’t care if franchise owners quit to their business and lost their investments. They lie to the clients and when the customer complaints about performance manager just wait until customer get tired and wants to cancel the contract so they can force the client to pay for early termination. Family run business, so there is no possibility to go to the next level when conflict arises.

Value your team. Treat people with respect, pay fair salaries and you will have a loyal team.