Janssen Research & Development

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Co-op

ProsBest internship experience so far.

ConsHigh potential and high performing co-ops should be a chance to be full time employees. I think there is a high turnover rate because they have a lot of entry level jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpportunities for full time employment. Co-ops are just seen as temporary employees

Brown nose

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNothing to mention, very disappointing in the caliber of people there

Consrun by brown noses who are not interested in bringing best therapeutics to the world; too much copycat and not enough innovation or cutting edge drug development

Advice to Senior Managementclean house on upper management

Interesting environment

Medical Safety Officer (Current Employee)

ProsGreat coworkers for the most part. Interesting products and great pipeline.

ConsIt's a large company with a lot of politics, and you receive lots of emergency requests from senior management that have to be turned around quickly (weekends, holidays, vacations don't matter).

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to be more aware of the hard work being done every day, limit superfluous work, and stop those "emergency" requests.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Good Work Environment

Contract and Procurement Manager (Current Employee)

ProsVery productive but very low negative stress

ConsI am just a contractor along with many other contractors, so they need to hire people as oppossed jumping from contractor to contractor

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider hiring the contractors who perform and produce well.

Poor Management, old management hiring buddies as contractors does JNJ no good

Pharmaceuticals IT Architect (Current Employee) Raritan, NJ

Proshigh salary
    work life balance
    great bonuses

ConsIT leadership bounces from pharma company to company in NJ, this is no different. Poor leadership, cronies get hired as consultants and do no work. Extremely poor technical skills within upper management leads to sub optimal results.

Advice to Senior ManagementStuart Mcguigan, get rid of your Pharma CIO and her cronies and concentrate on building a team of professionals with strong technical skills. otherwise, execution will be hampered where these "leaders" hire their own and simply do not have the technical skills to lead the company our of IT failure and to meaningful innovation. without this there is no accountability and your so called corporate ethics are meaningless

Intern

ProsGreat Place to work. Flexible timings.

ConsNone that I can think of except for the fact that I had to travel at different sites every week.

Janssen is J&J a solid company but leadership remains more concerned about looking good...

Director Regulatory Affairs (Current Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, competitive salary, opportunity to explore other careers within J&J or Janssen. Solid stock prices. Stand-out opportunities if you are in EU, not so in US. Keep your head down, say yes (do not challenge for excellence), and deliver on time.

ConsLeadership compentencies no longer require people development skills nor emotional intelligence - Focus has evolved to knowing how to keep your job even at the cost of others; More work with less resources despite promises to become efficient; Reg Affairs is risk averse with few willing to stand-out for change leadership; Role is limited to being safe and following check-list given by supervisors; true talent development depends on supervisor willing to support team instead of representing team.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess is more - including number and layer of leadership roles. Mean what you say and ensure your actions reflect this. Leadership can bring out the best in others or just have others make sure they don't look bad...

Amazing place to work with great people.

Intern (Former Employee) Spring House, PA

ProsEverything I experienced was great including facilities, people, and the work.

ConsOnly con is that there are not many interns hired for the next year due to a lack of undergraduate degree positions

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to hire interns

Balanced life

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMeet people from multiple disciplines, including biology, physics, computer science, etc. You can learn from different perspectives.

ConsThe pace is a little bit slow. If you want to work aggressively , this may not be the job for you.

Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics Internship

Intern (Former Employee) Raritan, NJ

ProsProfessional, team-oriented, hard working, mentoring

ConsA bit bureaucratic at times

Worked for Janssen Research & Development? Contribute to the Community!