Janssen

Updated Jul 1, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tom Heyman

Great work life balance, good business with strong pipeline, great parent brand

Product Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat mobility of career - not only in pharma but in other J&J sectors like device and consumer, credo driven culture, people to people business, good work-life balance including summer fridays and general cultural respect for family time.

ConsNJ/PA centric location, management does have in-club which is motivating for great performers but can be less motivating for folks on the other side.

Good experience

Contract Manager III (Current Employee) Titusville, NJ

ProsNice environment. High volume yet lownegative pressure

ConsI am contractor and 30% of the workforce are contractors. They do not want to hire (so they won't have to pay benefits).. This does not create company loyalty

Senior District Manager

ProsA Johnson & Johnson Company

ConsI have no cons about working with Janssen

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great place to work, learn and grow

Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) Ambler, PA

ProsThe ability to learn new innovative methods of science

Consi don't have any cons

Advice to Senior Managementno advice to give at the moment

Very informative co-op experience

Clinical Pharmacology Co-op (Former Employee) Radnor, PA

ProsJanssen as a great place to start my career in industry. I was treated as an equal, given real responsibilities and projects, and respected as an individual. I worked in R&D and was able to present in group meetings, attend conferences, and truly build my skills.

ConsAs in all companies, there seemed to be dissent among non-management workers about the decisions of upper management. Office politics were very real, and managers certainly had favorites.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be restricted by preconceived notions or office rumors.

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsInternational and innovative Environment where is great it work. I have had a great work experience changing different roles

ConsNo specific cons to be highlighted. The organization is probably too much complex. The management is not having a alligned vision

Great Culture, Better people

Sales Training Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe people were great to work with.

ConsThe pay isn't as competitive as other companies

Excellent research facilities, friendly co-workers, ideal work environment.

Graduate Research Co-op (Former Employee) Radnor, PA

ProsBiologics are contributing to a larger portion of Johnson & Johnson's revenue. There is a lot of emphasis on expanding Janssen Pharmaceuticals to help sustain and improve the company's share in the biologics space, especially after the success of Remicade and Stellara.

ConsDon't have many entry-level positions available.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow new and fresh talent to get in more easily.

Janssen is a collaborative environment that appreciates innovative ideas.

District Sales Manager (Former Employee)

ProsExperienced management and a small company feel. Janssen respects those that take informed risks. Development of associates at all levels is a cornerstone of the company's success.

ConsAs with any pharmaceutical company at this point in time there is a high degree of uncertainty but if you thrive in ambiguity, you'll do just fine!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be transparent in every way possible as it builds associate trust and respect.

Overall good, but some pockets of company very political

Product Director (Current Employee) Titusville, NJ

ProsCollaborative environment
    Great teams with talented individuals
    Strength in marketing
    Good formalized development programs

ConsSome senior leaders are focused on their own agenda and advancement and are not supportive of their teams
    Depends on where you are in the organization -- slightly different cultures depending on location
    Politics tend to contribute to advancement opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementDespite initiatives in employee engagement, would be helpful for organization if senior management really embaced this.

Worked for Janssen? Contribute to the Community!