Jarden

Add Photos

Jarden CEO James E. Lillie

James E. Lillie

Jarden Plant Manager

Plant Manager (Former Employee)
Waynesboro, MS

I worked at Jarden full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCorporate leadership trusted me to do my job and the team I had the pleasure of leading was outstanding. Plant employees were dedicated and hardworking.

ConsLeadership changed and business was transferred to China.

Advice to Senior ManagementTransfer the business back to the USA. Shipping costs and inventory requirements to support the US market will eventually eat your profit margin.

Great company culture

I worked at Jarden full-time for more than 3 years

ProsHours are great. Summer hours on Fridays you leave at 3pm. Normal Friday hours you leave at 4:15. Family oriented. Great support from upper management. 401k with matching. Supports many organizations.

ConsTight deadlines, overtime, 45 min. Lunches, strict dress code, work can get monotonous. Health benefits are below par but typical in a large corporation.

Typical Corporate Environment

I worked at Jarden full-time for more than 5 years

ProsPays well, good benefits, nothing outstanding to mention

ConsCorporate decisions that are either impractical or just wrong

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more consideration to the people who will be affected the most when setting or changing policies

Communications and Community Relations

Manager, Communication & Community Relatio (Former Employee)

I worked at Jarden full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe company was very committed to giving back to the community. Overall, I gained a lot of rewarding experiences and worked with a number of really great people.

ConsToo concerned with margins to keep good talent. Also, there was little effort to support new ideas and find different ways to promote the brand. A new PR agency is really needed to try new ideas and put new blood in the marketing plans.

Advice to Senior ManagementI worked for the Consumer Solutions subsidiary. There is a fine line between coddling employees and employee engagement. As such, too many employees were demanding and unwilling to try new ways of doing thing. The company as a whole needs to do more to invest in internal communications.

Big Egos & Big Brands

I have been working at Jarden

ProsGreat location, great brands, good benefits, good people

ConsIf you like politics and saying yes please, you will love it here.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your head out of your you know what and look at what smaller companies are doing. They are innovating faster with products people want - not established brands. Put aside your ego and collaborate with teams and consumers.

This was my first corporate job out of college and it was a great experience.

Associate Product Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Jarden full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFriendly and knowledgeable people. Great weather (I was in the Boca Raton office) . Good perks of working in the kitchen appliance industry.

ConsI worked there so long ago this isn't relevant to the current staff.

Limited growth and continuous reduction in bonuses, raises and benefits

Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Jarden full-time for more than 8 years

ProsDiscounts on products, nice corporate office building with covered parking.

ConsNo succession planning, limited opportunities to be promoted to management, numerous layoffs prior to end of yr to meet numbers

Advice to Senior ManagementBring the high salaries and great benefits back, Jarden has stripped incentives of working here.

The epitome of the corrupt corporation

I have been working at Jarden full-time for more than a year

ProsIt's a job - gotta pay the bills

ConsNo concern for environmental impact - they avidly seek to produce products with a disposable component, so they can sell more; make products with the intention of needing full replacement within a few years
No social responsibility - as China is becoming more unionized, they brag about seeking "cheap labor" elsewhere, such as in Central America or any country that does not have protection for workers
Only real concern is numbers behind the dollar sign for their primary shareholders and competing with other similar corporations to have the highest dollar value - this isn't even about money, but about being on top
No interest or concern for long-term impact on their country of origin, the US - blandly inform us that the middle class is disappearing in our country, so their marketing strategies will focus on the emerging middle class in South America and India; outsource manufacturing and any other area they can

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a conscience. Realize workers are people, whether they are direct employees or working in a factory in China. Worship something other than money.

You give more than you get back. Driven by wrong incentives and political decisions.

Miami, FL

I worked at Jarden full-time for more than 3 years

ProsRelatively good pay. Interesting market.

ConsBasically you live to work. ebitda/ headcount ratio rule of thumb causes overwork and bad quality life and rework due to bad implementation processes and excess of work load. Very short term decision making drives value only for shareholders. Incentives and fear to punishment are causing hiding of information from key people. Everyone tries to demonstrate everything is ok when It is not instead of accepting there are problems that need to be addressed.This creates politicians instead of managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally take care and respect employees, is more than filling HR forms to comply. Change JDE system before is too late. Be consequent with evaluation of people.
Drive incentives correctly. Accept mistakes and failure to learn and grow. Put emphasis to be a great place to work. You already have financial success and some great individuals working.

Working for the right person, it can be a satisfying place to work.

I worked at Jarden full-time for more than 5 years

ProsInvestment in product development, focus on quality process, some great talent, good employee benefits

ConsInaccessible senior management, risk averse culture,

Worked for Jarden? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jarden reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Jarden CEO James E. Lillie. All 30 reviews posted anonymously by Jarden employees.