Jared Galleria of Jewelry Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.1
Michael W. Barnes

Pros
  • Great benefits with full time (30 hours considered full time) (in 4 reviews)

• Great training and knowledgeable management (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • These standards are not impossible, but given the structure of sales goals, it can be challenging (in 7 reviews)

• Sales, Repair Sales, Credit Card applications, Extended Service Plans, Payment Protection Plan, and Add-ons (in 3 reviews)

1. Jared!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Jared Galleria of Jewelry full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Something that is really great about Jared is the employee discount and the fact that you can make up to 3% commission on whatever you sell.

Cons

The hours of work are definitely a con. Sometimes you won't leave until 10 at night and there is no such thing as a regular schedule.

Advice to Management

Create a better work/life balance for the employees because it can be a little overwhelming sometimes.

2. Efficient Systems, Poor people management

Former Employee - Department Manager in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Department Manager in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Jared Galleria of Jewelry (More than 3 years)

Pros

Large and diverse staff full of very nice people, by retail standards reasonably flexible with scheduling and posting schedules well in advance

Cons

Relatively low pay, aggressive planning made commissions low since you can only make the max commission of the store exceeds its goal by 20% , it created a lot turnover of the high producing employees and left many mediocre ones in their place

3. Jared the Galleria of Jewelry

I have been working at Jared Galleria of Jewelry

Pros

Great place with great coworkers. Organized for the most part.

Cons

Overly micro-managed and written up if goals aren't met. Hard to create sales with an environment that does not supply a customer base very well.

5. Good/Bad

I worked at Jared Galleria of Jewelry part-time

Pros

Great training program for first-timers, easy to use systems, technologically savvy and resourceful company

Cons

High stress sales environment, passive aggressive management, lack of team morale, etc.

Advice to Management

Embrace positivity toward your staff, be eager to help even when you're not asked, cooperate as a team

6. Slow

I have been working at Jared Galleria of Jewelry

Pros

The assistant manager n manager in waiting are very good.

Cons

Expected to make high goals daily with no traffic coming in the store

7. Decent.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Jared Galleria of Jewelry full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Promote from within culture, huge focus on guest service, great benefits and compensation, bonus & incentives for general managers. DCA certification paid for by the company. Very straightforward expectations. Intensive trainings.

Cons

In a brand new store the starting goals are almost unattainable. The huge focus on 5 standards is very difficult. 48 hours minimum as a General manager with almost every weekend and absolutely every holiday (including thanksgiving.)

Advice to Management

More positive feedback and reinforcement.

8. pressure cooker

Former Employee - Diamond Department Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Diamond Department Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Jared Galleria of Jewelry full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent benefits and 401k match if you are fortunate enough to be given full time status.

Cons

Very difficult standards to achieve and maintain. Getting any serious merit pay for making and maintaing these standards is also difficult. Because of this it can create a very tense work place because of all of the pressure placed on sales people from management and above. It is never enough for them, even when you exceed the high expectations placed over your head.

Advice to Management

Professional salespeople need space and creativity to yeild the best results. Micromanaging isn't the way to motivate, it only drives out your most talented and leaves those who remain resentful.

9. Diamond Sales

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Jared Galleria of Jewelry full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible Schedule, opportunity for great Commission

Cons

cut throat, and very demanding

Advice to Management

not likely

10. Good Place to Start

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Grandville, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Grandville, MI

I have been working at Jared Galleria of Jewelry full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive wages, good benefits, fun enviornment

Cons

Competition with coworkers for sales, high expected goals, a lot of extensive training

Advice to Management

Remember to have fun.

11. What is Good is Great - What is Bad is Horrible

Current Employee - Jewelry Repair Liaison in Henderson, NV
    Current Employee - Jewelry Repair Liaison in Henderson, NV

I have been working at Jared Galleria of Jewelry full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice bosses (obviously, this can vary from store to store). Co-workers are great. Strong advocates of all staff obtaining DCA certification, after 3 months of employment (they will pay for this). Bosses communicate well with you about your performance and proactive ways of improving it. Excellent employee discounts on jewelry. Sterling perks program allows employees to save money or anything and everything.

Cons

I am a Jewely Repair Liaison. I have been with Jared for over 6 months, and I really don't think corporate management knows how to set our goals. Since I've worked there, we went from being foaled just on the weekends, to no goals at all, to being goaled every day, which is ridiculous. None of us can make unrealistically high sales goals, credit apps or ESPs. Being goaled on the weekend was a realistic challenge, for which I thrived. Now the repair liaisons are like at 17 percent of their monthly goals, etc. if you never get a chance on the sales floor, you can just about forget making these crazy standards. I think they probably upped them, as reviews are coming up, and they don't want to give us raises. Both of my supervisors indicated to me that this daily goal thing they have going on now is crazy, but they can't do anything about it, because it's now "Corporate Policy". Your store is penalized whenever employes get sick, because "corporate" figures that if your store can function without the sick person being there, then your store doesn't need as many payroll hours. So basically, don't ever plan to be sick - ANYONE in you store, EVER, because you will have less payroll hours next year. When I was hired, I was promised 40 hours a week. Ever since February, hours have been cut, and I usually run from about 29 - 34.5 hours a week. Our boss told us at that time that this cut in hours would only last a week, but here it is, 5 months later, and I've yet to see a proper 40 hours since Feb. Jared considers "full-time" at 30 hours per week or more, but this ain't cutting my financial mustard. Employees are not allowed to apply for store credit. Despite the fact that there is a hefty discount for employees on Jewely, employees are not allowed to purchase the Extended Service Plans on their items, so if your jewelry or has a problem, be prepared to pay out of pocket. I've seen lots of excellent employees leave in my time there, because unless you're in the diamond department, your commission is quite negligible.

Advice to Management

Figure out, on what basis, you want to goal your Repair Liaisons! The more unrealistic the goals, the more morale will suffer, which has wide, negative implications. Don't punish people for being sick by cutting store hours. Nyla give them PTO time each year, then punish them for using it.

RSS Feed </> Embed