Jared Galleria of Jewelry

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Michael W. Barnes

Pros
  • Great benefits with full time (30 hours considered full time)(in 3 reviews)

• You also receive a great discount if you choose to purchase items(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • All the company values are the sales goals(in 5 reviews)

• Sales, Repair Sales, Credit Card applications, Extended Service Plans, Payment Protection Plan, and Add-ons(in 3 reviews)

Depends on management style

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsProud of products. High quality diamonds and gems. Store management wants employees to succeed, tries hard for fair work environment and training, my store has good management. Love seeing customers happy.

ConsGoals are difficult to achieve outside of diamond department. Compensation is not the best, although benefits pkg is good.

Rewarding and loved the staff, but the pay wasn't that great.

Jewelry Repair Liaison (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsI really loved working with the people I did, it was always a very positive environment and they put an emphasis on teamwork!

ConsThe hours of course aren't that great being retail, but that's to be expected. The repair liaison position is a very rewarding one, however the pay isn't exceptional. You have almost no opportunity to make commission because the sales people get first dibs at sales, so you pretty much have to rely on what your hourly is going to be.

Strong company to work for, needs more training for seasoned employees.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThis is definitely a great company to work for, especially if you have an interest in jewelry and helping people celebrate their life moments. Huge company with over 200 stores and growing, so you know that you are working for a company that is going to last a life-time. Great core values and decent pay for a retail job. Good training programs for beginners starting out in the business. There are opportunities for growth within the company as well. Most stores will be flexible with scheduling and work with you if you have specific scheduling needs.

ConsTraining for seasoned workers seems to be lacking. I feel like once you've finished your basic training from the beginning it almost stops there. Yes you do go to specific brand trainings, but in the store, one-on-one training is falling short. I've asked to have more training from managers but it seems like its more talk of, "yes we will have more training sessions", and then it doesn't happen. I would like to see management take an hour out of their day to set aside for one-on-one training or department training to help their staff succeed.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure to take time in your schedule to continue training seasoned employees who show potential and ask for more training. Those are going to be your star performers, don't let them fall by the wayside because you feel like they already know what they are doing. They can always use more training to become better at their position, which in turn, makes more money for your store and the company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stressful environment, lots of games.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsThe pay wasn't horrible for a college student, the sales experience is great for my résumé, and the training was extensive so I felt very knowledgeable about the product.

ConsI worked at two different locations in different states and experienced a lot of hostility at both locations. Sales were stolen from me with little or no manager intervention.
    Everyone gossiped about one another.
    Certain mean acts (coming into work with staples taped to my locker, being promised hours then avoiding my calls, etc.) ultimately aided in my decision to leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementI highly suggest having meetings with the associates to review the performance of the GMs and AGMs.

Jared has given me extensive customer service and retail knowledge.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsYou work on salary and commission! The schedules are flexible to accommodate needs as life happens. You also receive a great discount if you choose to purchase items.

ConsSometimes the goals are hard to meet when the economy is down because they are based on previous years' numbers, but it all works out. Sometimes you get a difficult customer, but you are trained to handle them.

Advice to Senior ManagementI want upper management to adjust the computer system. Some of it is repetitive and makes the checkout process longer than it needs to be. Adjust the goals to reflect the traffic that comes into the store on a given day.

Micro Managed

ProsA few of the sales associates are helpful.

ConsMicro-managed. Cut throat mentality. Very little training.

Great company to buy from but not to work for!

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThey are very flexible with the scheduling. Valuable training is available for someone who is self motivated. If you are a great sales person the opportunities for commission is great.

ConsAll the company values are the sales goals. If you do well you are rewarded with a much higher goal next time. The commission's are bases upon how the entire store does for the month, so if you work hard and meet your goals but no one else does then you won't see that nice commission check your worked for.

ok

ProsStore level people are nice

Consupper management is a micro managing machine

Advice to Senior Managementemployees are people not idiots.

Hiring a certain type of person

Bench Jeweler (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsJewelry is pretty but you don't have a monopoly yet.

ConsLegacy doesn't pay the bills.

Advice to Senior ManagementI just visited sterlingcareers.com. It appears as though a 5th grader has authored the entire thing...especially the diversity section. I'm not applying now, as the message is not so subtle as to what type of people you're looking to hire. Good luck in English class.

Interview is a bit misleading as far as the commission structure works.

ProsGreat atmosphere to work in and very talented individuals. #1 Jewelry company in the world lot's of perks.

ConsLow pay and highly inconvenient commission structure for those who are talented working with others who are not.

Worked for Jared Galleria of Jewelry? Contribute to the Community!