Jared Galleria of Jewelry

Updated December 9, 2014
Updated December 9, 2014
2.6

Michael W. Barnes

Pros
  • Great benefits with full time (30 hours considered full time) (in 4 reviews)

• Great training tools and sales tools to assist in professional growth and success (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • horrible hours , place their sales goals above your health (in 7 reviews)

• Sales, Repair Sales, Credit Card applications, Extended Service Plans, Payment Protection Plan, and Add-ons (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Environment, Excellent Pay.

I worked at Jared Galleria of Jewelry

Pros

The starting pay is great, learning about Gemstones & Diamonds was surprisingly interesting, the company is also a growing one that treats their employees well.

Cons

The pressure to open up credit accounts, even though they can be beneficial to the guests' they are still credit accounts at the end of the day.
    The tours were a bit unnerving, sometimes customer would completely blow you you off because they just want to look at Diamonds already.

When running a store remember that the team as whole is what the difference is between a store that is ok and one that is phenomenal , please do not hold the Diamond Associates on a pedestal because we all are part of the "Jared Experience"

Jared has given me extensive customer service and retail knowledge.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Jared Galleria of Jewelry part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You work on salary and commission! The schedules are flexible to accommodate needs as life happens. You also receive a great discount if you choose to purchase items.

Cons

Sometimes the goals are hard to meet when the economy is down because they are based on previous years' numbers, but it all works out. Sometimes you get a difficult customer, but you are trained to handle them.

I want upper management to adjust the computer system. Some of it is repetitive and makes the checkout process longer than it needs to be. Adjust the goals to reflect the traffic that comes into the store on a given day.

Amazing Experience!

Former Employee - Jewelry Repair Liaison in Brandon, FL
    Former Employee - Jewelry Repair Liaison in Brandon, FL

I worked at Jared Galleria of Jewelry part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, awesome management, great coworkers, benefits are great too. The discount is pretty good too, and the manager always had schedules out ahead of time if you needed to change shifts. Managers were easy to talk to and get along with.

Cons

Communication, hours lax after holidays, expectations were really high even when the holidays were over, so it was difficult to meet daily goals when there wasn't much business. And whenever I went into the repair station nothing was where I put it and forms were never filled out properly for repairs.

Communication is a little lacking between the diamontologists and other associates, and there should be two separate lines at the repair station in regards to inspections. One line for those who have their paperwork and one for those who don't.

Give it a chance, don't quit on the first two weeks

Current Employee - Jewelry Repair Liaison in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Jewelry Repair Liaison in Houston, TX

I have been working at Jared Galleria of Jewelry full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I've seen alot of people come in and quit within the first week. Why? It's a cushy job (if you're at the right location), just do your job and management will leave you alone. Don't be shy. Interact with everyone. Become best friends with the repair show employees.

Cons

Sometimes there is nothing to do. It's not bad for the first couple of days, but then you're begging for people to come in.

I don't know why there are bad reviews..........:/

Current Employee - Shop Clerical in Novi, MI
    Current Employee - Shop Clerical in Novi, MI

I have been working at Jared Galleria of Jewelry full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Schedule. Management is very helpful. Feels like family at work. Great Pay/Location is perfect. Tons of work to do so you don't get bored during your 8 hour shift. Co-workers are always team oriented. I personally like jobs where the employees have been working there for a while because it means the management is superb and they like the job. Great Company!!!!!!!!!!!

Cons

The only con I would say is the 30 minute lunches....because I am use to having an hour lunch. But since I'm working 10:30 to 7:00 p.m Mon-Fri. I can't really complain too much, it's the perfect schedule.

Keep Doing your thing @ 8237!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very positive

I have been working at Jared Galleria of Jewelry full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My experience has been very positive. As a second career I was amazed with the support and help I was given.

Cons

Not always team spirit as was promised

Store needs more consistency with guidelines

You learn a lot, always something to keep you busy.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Jared Galleria of Jewelry full-time (more than an year)

Pros

*Great selection-the store and showroom is MASSIVE compared to most jewelry stores. (One of Jared's sources of pride.)
    *Departmental structure-There are (generally) 3 departments. Diamond, Perimeter, Repair. Helps with team member specialization.
    *Great training and knowledgeable management.
    *Generally hard working staff.
    *In store Repair shop-helps make sales!
    *Incredible discount
    *Good benefits

Cons

*Incredibly high standards. The store has 5 standards of achievement for each employee to meet. They are usually based on the performance from the previous year, which can be difficult given all the factors that go into buying/selling.
    *Discouraged inter-departmental sales. For instance, with regard to diamond sales, unless you are in the Diamond department, you are discouraged from selling diamond merchandise, unless the situation warrants it. (Busy store, built better relationship with guest, etc.) This is generally a one-sided (unspoken) understanding...which means that Diamond department team members can sell anything...Diamond, Perimeter, Repair. Theoretically, this system would work if departments turned over sales appropriately, but that's a fine line to walk, given the aforementioned circumstances. It also makes achieving standards difficult. Diamond department team members have trouble with add-on percentages and repair dollars, and Perimeter department team members usually struggle with sales, credit and ESP. Repair department struggles with sales and credit. These standards are not impossible, but given the structure of sales goals, it can be challenging.
    *Huge push for credit card applications. Credit drives sales, no doubt about it. However, when we're funding the merchandise and offering our money to purchase the piece, we're assuming they can and will pay for it. This can be a pitfall for someone who walks in with a budget and gets wide-eyed when they realize they can spend much more than they allocated if they put it on credit. Not to say it doesn't work, but it can get messy.

Work to establish a more reasonable standards of achievement within departments. Diamond Department is going to get your credit and sales dollars in higher doses. Perimeter will get your add-ons and Swiss standards. Repair is going to make your ESP's and repair dollars. Understanding the strengths of the departments will help develop a more reasonable standards of achievement rubric.

Good place to work if you like retail.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Jared Galleria of Jewelry full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling, great work environment

Cons

It is retail, must work weekends and holidays. Days off are scheduled for you.

Non-Diamond Sales A Tough Job

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Jared Galleria of Jewelry full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Freedom to work at your own pace
    - Reasonable sales goals
    - Training
    - Customer interaction

Overall, this is a pretty standard retail setting, but with some very "up-scale" presentation twists. They will give you the training you need to be successful, but it may be hard to sell int he "department" you want.

Cons

- Bonus structure
    - Rigid section sales

Allow more co-operative selling from different teams.

Rewarding and loved the staff, but the pay wasn't that great.

Former Employee - Jewelry Repair Liaison in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Jewelry Repair Liaison in Orlando, FL

I worked at Jared Galleria of Jewelry full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really loved working with the people I did, it was always a very positive environment and they put an emphasis on teamwork!

Cons

The hours of course aren't that great being retail, but that's to be expected. The repair liaison position is a very rewarding one, however the pay isn't exceptional. You have almost no opportunity to make commission because the sales people get first dibs at sales, so you pretty much have to rely on what your hourly is going to be.