Jared Galleria of Jewelry

Updated February 13, 2015
Updated February 13, 2015
2.8

Michael W. Barnes

Pros
  • Great benefits with full time (30 hours considered full time) (in 4 reviews)

• Great training tools and sales tools to assist in professional growth and success (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • horrible hours , place their sales goals above your health (in 7 reviews)

• Sales, Repair Sales, Credit Card applications, Extended Service Plans, Payment Protection Plan, and Add-ons (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

If you want a job that pays you and respect you as a employee stay far away.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Jared Galleria of Jewelry full-time (less than a year)

Pros

My manager was a good manager.

Cons

The computer systems are outdated. There is a steep learning curve to understand how to do anything on the computer. The computer systems where built in the early 80's. This place is very disorganized. The commission structure is laughable. .05 is average commission and 3% is the maximum. It's not based on your performance it's based on the stores performance. The sales goals for the store is unobtainable. Don't except to make any money there. The human resource department don't care if they pay you or not. They are the worst I ever delt with. If you have any problem don't expect to get anything solved through human resources.

There is a lot of work to do

Learned a lot about customer service working at Jared. Sales training and texting and hands on learning. Great Staff.

I have been working at Jared Galleria of Jewelry

Pros

Jared has taught me a lot about customer service and how to follow up with guest as well as how to keep a personal trade book to help my business.

Cons

I do not like the management style or how standards are measured.

Compliment employees more than tear them down.

I went to Jared

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Jared Galleria of Jewelry

Pros

Great career advancement opportunities
    Base Salary along with Commission
    Really Flexible before and after the holiday rush
    great staff and management is supportive on you getting better as a sales associate
    team selling is a must and equates to more money

Cons

Some associates don't help you as much as they want you to help them ( not a fault of the company imo)
    If you want time off between late November and Christmas FORGET ABOUT IT
    Goal oriented can be a con if you arent used to this
    pressure to open up credit is great but once you get a knack for it you are fine

Evaluate who gets promoted ( may have standards in but not a great fit)
    Make a first time incentive for opening an account i.e 5-10 percent off first purchase when opening an account

Currently managing

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Brea, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Brea, CA

I have been working at Jared Galleria of Jewelry full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay, great training, guest relations are number one. All of this is true if YOU MAKE IT TRUE. A lot of these reviews differ per store and per manager. Just like anywhere you go in the workplace. STERLING INC. And Jared as a whole Is geared towards the client. From our first entry in the door, our customer parking, store greet/tour, exclusive diamond brands, and diamond rooms to have one on one training and education with your client. Credit plans that meet the clients needs with one of the easiest credit applications in the jewelry industry that someone can be approved without running their credit multiple times. The company is great, again the pros will depend on the store and team. Compared to most jewelry stores for holiday hours Jared vs. Kay, Zales, and other malls stored under our subsidiary will have better hours because they are "stand alone" stores. The company promotes upon the team members ability, and success. That can be different per district based upon DMs and managerial team.

Cons

Dependent upon the store with any sales environment there will be aggressive employees that are hungry for sales. The goals are tough, however they are made to be accomplished and exceeded. Sales people are typically type A personalities and thrive on success and excellence. These goals for some can be hard and defeating. Especially depending upon your department. If each team member does not have the same drove and they are ok not doing their part the entire store can suffer because commission levels are based upon the entire stores performance. Sometimes the expectation to close the sale is more important than what is best for the guest (this can vary based upon managers)

Focus on constructive training, take politics out of it, remember that days of are meant for rest and without interruption.

It was a job.

Former Employee - Sales in Portland, ME
    Former Employee - Sales in Portland, ME

I worked at Jared Galleria of Jewelry full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff.
    Good working environment.
    Opportunity to move up in the company.
    Flexibility with schedules.

Cons

Poor training.
    Too much emphasis on making monthly goals, not enough on the client.

Better training.

Manager

I have been working at Jared Galleria of Jewelry

Pros

Good benefits and a base plus commission salary, so you can always make more. Very structured way to move up through the company.

Cons

Once you get into higher levels of management it becomes more of promotion based on personal relationships and not based on merits.

Pay more attention to those who are performing well when making changes and not to those who have standards that are below company expectation. It lowers morale when the squeaky wheel gets the grease when they haven't earned it.

Broken Promises

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Jared Galleria of Jewelry

Pros

1/2 of a percent regardless of what you sell

Cons

don't see real commission unless the ENTIRE STORE hits quota

When offered the job I was told that I could expedite my sales dollars by becoming a diamontologist. I finished my coarse in 2 1/2 weeks and yet, no one works with me one on one to mold me into the Diamond Department. There is never any consistency in what management says. Diamond people are greedy and do not want to contribute to the rest of the team, but yet the Assistant Manager says "oh we need to help each other make it" and is the main one who is double dipping in sales.....and fuels mess and gossip in the store, puts other associates down about their clothes, tries their hardest to keep people limited in their positions, constantly tells everyone what they do wrong, but doesn't practice what they preach...........and they WONDER why they can't stay staffed. The District Manager is NICE.....However, he's doesn't really come out and interact when he visits the store, he just sits in the back and sends emails to HIT NUMBERS. From a Previous Job I had our District was number one is our region and it was all a reflection of our district manager, when he came in the store 50% of his day was with us, to help us to close sales, critique our sales approach to make us better, interact with us and the customers, and even jump in on sales to make them better, and then turn around and tell us how we can do better. There aren't very many district managers who do this, they forget where they come from and have their noses stuck to a screen and their ear stuck to a phone.

Great Environment, Excellent Pay.

I worked at Jared Galleria of Jewelry

Pros

The starting pay is great, learning about Gemstones & Diamonds was surprisingly interesting, the company is also a growing one that treats their employees well.

Cons

The pressure to open up credit accounts, even though they can be beneficial to the guests' they are still credit accounts at the end of the day.
    The tours were a bit unnerving, sometimes customer would completely blow you you off because they just want to look at Diamonds already.

When running a store remember that the team as whole is what the difference is between a store that is ok and one that is phenomenal , please do not hold the Diamond Associates on a pedestal because we all are part of the "Jared Experience"

Underpaid

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Jared Galleria of Jewelry full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Clean, safe environment and the opportunity to help people find gifts for their loved ones.

Cons

The only thing that really seems to matter to this company is sales. I have never worked with so many talented individuals hurting for money. If you want to make enough money here to support yourself financially you must aim for management and work very hard, understanding that it'll be rough for awhile and there are no guarantees. You can easily make more money waiting tables at a busy restaurant. Tends to be a negative selling environment with high gossip and high expectations on a daily basis. Rewards are miniscule compared to outside opportunities.

None. I like my GM a lot but management can only offer employees so much, due to the nature of Sterling's particular retail structure. This environment is what it is and works for a reason. People will continue to choose it and stay there until they learn they should move on or want to be in management.

I love it!

I have been working at Jared Galleria of Jewelry

Pros

Wonderful training and experience. It's a great atmosphere.

Cons

I have no cons whatsoever.

My managers are awesome.