Jarvis Products Corp.

Vincent R. Volpe
1 Rating

Good company

I have been working at Jarvis Products Corp. for more than 10 years

Pros

Stability, manufacture products in America

Cons

Nothing but positive experience for me thus far.

Great Place to work

Current Employee - Manager  in  Middletown, CT
    Current Employee - Manager in Middletown, CT

I have been working at Jarvis Products Corp. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Jarvis is a great place to work. Pay and benefits are great. The workers are friendly and care about each other. The management is very successful.

Cons

There really are not any drawbacks to working at Jarvis. Negative reviews were written by disgruntled ex-employees.

Keep doing what you are doing1 You have run a successful company for 100+ years with the bottom line getting better every year.

I loved my job and did it well but managent turned me off from working there.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Middletown, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middletown, CT

I worked at Jarvis Products Corp.

Pros

Pay is good. 401K (no matching). Pension Plan. Always updating CNC machines.

Cons

Insurance is expensive. No cell phone use at all. No talking to other employees, even about work.
    Plant manager is a micro-manager. The company management as a whole dates back to the fifties. Rules and regulations are not for everyone, you have to be on a "good list" to be excluded from them.

Listen to the employees. They do their job and do it well. If they give advice on how to do it better/quicker take it into concideration. Ease up on talking/phone use. Don't exclude some employees from your rules.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Pay, Horrible Environment

Former Employee - Analyst  in  Middletown, CT
    Former Employee - Analyst in Middletown, CT

I worked at Jarvis Products Corp.

Pros

Good pay, 401(k) and pension plan

Cons

-No communication between departments
    -Management concerned with maintaining their status and do not want lower level employees learning how to do other job duties (The CFO specifically instructed me on my first day that I was not to help anybody else with their work or learn about their job duties)
    -Employees do not have internet access because mgmt sees it as a 'security risk'
    -Work stations are outdated (CRT Monitors, main printer still uses green+white paper that you have to tear the edges off of). Walking into that building is like stepping back in time.
    -Inefficient procedures that will not change because management is not open to criticism
    -Environment is so toxic that the finance department average term of employment is 66 days (as shown by the ongoing spreadsheet that the engineering department secretly maintains as an ongoing joke).

Within the first week, half a dozen employees came to me with the advice of "Never trust anybody in the office. The CFO has spies everywhere and anything you say to anybody is likely to be relayed to him. Also, never suggest we perform procedures differently than we currently do. We all know it is inefficient, but any suggestion will be taken as a personal insult to the CFO and he will make your life miserable until you quit or he fires you."

Update your technology, be more in tune with employee's needs, provide more freedoms to your employees (internet access, allow them to use cell phones responsibly). You have a world monopoly in an industry where there is really no room for additional entry into the market; stop pretending like your operations information is constantly at risk of being stolen and used against you. All that does is limit communication between departments, slows operations and procedures to a crawl, and causes employees to spend hours (sometimes weeks) on tasks which could be completed in a few minutes with access to the appropriate databases.

Worked for Jarvis Products Corp.? Contribute to the Community!