Jason's Deli

www.jasonsdeli.com

Jason's Deli Reviews

Updated Jul 5, 2014
Jason's Deli – Chattanooga – “Delicious!”

Jason's Deli President Joe Tortorice Jr.

Joe Tortorice Jr.

Pros
  • great place to work if you need experience, got day of when requested(in 10 reviews)

• Has a Core Values System that Looks like it can work effectively(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management more concerned with their bottom line and bonuses than employee growth(in 11 reviews)

• Long hours, more than most restaurant management jobs(in 10 reviews)

Started from order taker

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWhile in the deli, opportunities are provided. Once in corporate they are not.

ConsUpper management more concerned with their bottom line and bonuses than employee growth.

Overall, management was great.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsReasonable compensation, and there are many opportunities to learn new skills that will allow you to get raises (I worked the entire line and registers).

ConsAs with any restaurant, most people won't be there very long and I often ended up working many more hours than the rest of employees (though I was not alone in being overworked).

Advice to Senior ManagementTake better care of your employees, instead of just calling them constantly to come work.

Not bad

Delivery Driver (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsGood atmosphere, nice dealing with customers

ConsManagers annoying, keep over time

Advice to Senior ManagementBe nicer to your employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company is run by undereducated, former dishwashers. They are not happy unless they are implementing a new procedure.

Manager (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsI have always loved the brand and the food...........they just seem determined to screw it up.

ConsSchedule is not good, you do get two consecutive days off a week, which is great on the Tuesday and Wednesday that you would normally receive them. If you are able to get any weekend days off, its routinely after a nine day work stretch of closes and beat down 'mid' shifts.

Advice to Senior Management"great place to work"............. maybe for somebody in the corporate office thinking up bs lines like this.

Nightmare

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFood, food food food food

ConsTraining is horrible no one speaks English. Miserable work.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the managers run the store not the employees

Great concept, was proud to be a part of.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIn the franchise I was with, I mostly felt like upper management truly cared about people. The salary was decent with good bonus potential. The work could be rewarding. Strong values that usually remain in tact.

ConsThe pace can be pretty intense at times. Working hard is great, but at times it is unrelenting. Direction is sometimes lacking between the GM level and the top. Different locations are not always held to the same standards.

Terrible

Line Cook (Current Employee) Cordova, TN

ProsI got the hours I wanted.

ConsI doubt anyone I worked with could read.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to be better!

Great, Growing company

ProsFun atmosphere, Family environment, Decent benefits

ConsNot enough guidance or feedback for lower management. Don't pay lower management enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider putting 2A's on some sort of bonus program. Upper management quickly decides who to fast track and the salary of a 2A isn't enough to support a family. Most people won't have 3 or so years to wait to become a 1A or GM, and you lose a lot of good quality people. When I did the math, I made less than some of my line employees per hour, and significantly less than one of my traveling trainers.

A decent place to work part time

Catering Delivery (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsDelivery drivers can make pretty decent money for what the job is, 100 to 150 (in my experience at my location) is pretty normal for a 4-5 hour shift.

ConsAll other hourly employees get minimum wage starting out and managers start out pretty low as well, 34k i believe, and have to work crazy hours (60 a week or so).

Advice to Senior ManagementCatering is a huge part of your business. Focus your marketing in this area and treat drivers better (like paying out the 50 cent per mile IRS tax deduction to the drivers rather than the $1.50 per delivery) to retain your best people. Seriously, you guys charge a $7 fee for delivery, pass some of that down to the drivers.

Pretty standard work.

Order Taker (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly coworkers. Half off food. Everyone pitches in so you are rarely left doing major things alone.

ConsPay barely over minimum wage. This is the biggest concern but to be expected.

Worked for Jason's Deli? Contribute to the Community!