Jason's Deli

www.jasonsdeli.com

Jason's Deli Reviews

Updated Jul 5, 2014
Jason's Deli – Chattanooga – “Delicious!”

Jason's Deli President Joe Tortorice Jr.

Joe Tortorice Jr.

Pros
  • great place to work if you need experience, got day of when requested(in 10 reviews)

• Has a Core Values System that Looks like it can work effectively(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management more concerned with their bottom line and bonuses than employee growth(in 11 reviews)

• Long hours, more than most restaurant management jobs(in 10 reviews)

Stop making procedural changes!

Manager (Current Employee) Williamsburg, VA

ProsGreat customers and staff, excellent befits package, wonderful learning experience

ConsNot enough money, too many hours, crazy expectations

Advice to Senior ManagementGet this standardization process over with and test the ideas in a real environment before implementing changes!

great team and vibrant atmospher filled with love and structure

Cashier (Former Employee) Addison, TX

Prosif your hungry and want quailty and dont mind spending money its a great place to visit and work

Consthe pay isnt that great it could def need more compensation

Advice to Senior Managementincrease pay!!!

Delivery Driver

Delivery Driver (Current Employee) Naperville, IL

ProsHourly pay compensates for crappy tip days. It is a good job for someone without a family.

ConsManagement really needs to work on hiring the right amount of employees and scheduling. Driving to other stores for a dollar fifty really sucks especially when you have a v6 car. You end up losing money in gas and you also have to pay over 3 dollars in tolls on a roundtrip.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't over staff drivers, it is better to let a few drivers have a really good day than to have a bunch of drivers all have crappy days. You also rack up on labor when you do this so please be considerate to drivers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Restaurant Manager

Manager (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsPotential for growth in AZ, if you are a green restaurant manager you can learn a lot about how to run a business from them

ConsGoing through change of focus in the company now which has brought about challenging moments.

Advice to Senior ManagementMust be willing to work hard and be a go-getter

Good company

Cashier (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsJasons hired a great crew of people that were very high energy and productive.

ConsI is an entry level job. They paid minimum wage and when the minimum wage went up after i had been working there for 1 year they just raised my pay to the new minimum wage.

it's great

ProsThis one is delicious and great

Consnot too much cons to say

Greta place to deliver for

ProsIf you are a hard worker and prove that you can be self-managing once you get the hang of things, its a great place. As a delivery driver, you can make 30-300 extra dollars a day. There is rapid expansion in the company so the opportunities to advance will be there. The food is absolutely amazing (I've been there 6 months and could possibly eat there every day) and there are options for everyone from gluten free, too a Lenten menu, as well as a vegetarian menu. They have solid corporate ethics that they strive to live by.

ConsAs an employee, the management is very concerned about their payroll. They receive pressure from their superior's to cut labor constantly. Therefore, you can be assigned to a shift, but only work a portion of it. It can be a pretty heartless at times in terms of that. The management works crazy hours, 50-60 a week, and deal with a lot of headaches as well from employees to being forced to micromanage at times. They don't quite live up to their core values, but some of the managers honestly do provide the servant leadership and honest transparency that they would like to give. Many of the workers are minimum wage or slightly higher than that employees with no real hope of advancement. This leads to a lot of no call no shows and insincere happiness to the consumer at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a heart for the employees. I understand about budget, payroll, and a healthy growing company, but it makes it difficult at times to run a household with the way that hours are cut and shifted all the time. Provide better incentives and include bonuses for exemplarary work. It will encourage employees better.

Decent workplace.

Order Taker, Phones, Cashier (Former Employee) Fayetteville, NC

ProsWhen I needed more hours it was easy to ask and switch around with others.

ConsManagement was disrespectful. none of the managers were on the same page of how they wanted to run the place.

I have learned a variety of positions associated with food retail, but there is an inherent lack of emphasis on teamwork

Dishwasher (Current Employee) Greenville, SC

ProsVariety of experience, good quality of product, a sense of family, flexible schedules

ConsNo teamwork, application of standards is uneven and at times discriminatory(not the racist kind). Its more of a good employees who have proven they can keep pace and meet demands at a level that far exceeds company standards are expected to pick up the slack of the less dedicated employees without the financial recognition. While on the flip side the less dedicated employees are given praise even if efforts are far below company standards.

Advice to Senior ManagementAgree on a set of standards that everyone can follow but don't put extra standards on high performers without the increased compensation. Push for an emphasis on teamwork as a standard as opposed to voluntary displays of teamwork. The operations will run a lot smoother and be less stressful for all participants.

Would not work there again.

Order Taker, Phones, Cashier (Former Employee) Columbus, GA

ProsNice Co-workers, nice location, not far from where I lived.

ConsAwful pay, no room for advancement, awful management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees as if you actually want them to be a part of your team.

Worked for Jason's Deli? Contribute to the Community!