Jason's Deli Reviews

Updated March 30, 2015
182 reviews filtered by
3.2
Jason's Deli President Joe Tortorice Jr.
Joe Tortorice Jr.

Pros
  • Has a Core Values System that Looks like it can work effectively (in 11 reviews)

• A great place to work for college students (flexible scheduling) (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management more concerned with their bottom line and bonuses than employee growth (in 13 reviews)

• Long hours, more than most restaurant management jobs (in 11 reviews)

1. It was a good job

I have been working at Jason's Deli

Pros

It was a good job

Cons

No cons to this job. good job

Do great

2. At least the food is good

I have been working at Jason's Deli part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The only pro is the relationships you develop with your coworkers.

Cons

Low pay. Hard work. Long hours. Incompetent managers. Seem as if the owner/manager is only concerned with making money. No concern for employees. Limited opportunity to advance. Never enough employees working. Stressful.

None

3. I was lied to about this job, wouldn't have taken it if I was told the truth.

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Jason's Deli part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pretty good Employee discount (on-the-clock). Co-workers are enjoyable; mainly because they band together against management. Food is delicious (but that's not a work place bonus, that's a customer bonus).

Cons

They claim to take your school schedule into account, but they constantly ignore your schedule, and the fact you need time to do homework, and call you in. The Customers are incredibly rude. The environment is stressful. They micromanage every aspect of the job, yet they don't train, and actually are extremely disorganized so micromanaging is practically just an act of dominance for the managers. Their version of training is to have you follow an employee for 2 days then after that training consists of you asking a million questions per day. Also, it's a bit of trial and error, with manager reprimanding. The management takes full advantage of you. In short: any company that offers a monetary reward for employees to 'recruit' their friends, is probably a bad place to work. 2-4 Managers on the clock at all times, none of them wear name tags with their titles on it, so it's hard to know who to go to. Managers on a power trip. They keep the HR book in the office where we're not allowed to go, so rampant abuse is perpetrated by both employees and managers (which where I wok includes sexual harassment).

Train your employees before you let them go on their own. Have LESS managers on the clock. Pay better. Don't lie to your employees: "We're not about profit, we're about customer satisfaction." As they Charge 7 dollars for a delivery fee... drivers compensated 1.25 of that, rest goes to company. Their food is extremely overpriced. And honestly to sum it all up; stick to your word and if you say "we care about school work" then mean it. I've started to fail economics because it's the only class I've been able to spare to be able to work when called in!

5. Great college job

I worked at Jason's Deli

Pros

Good hours and flexible managers

Cons

Coming home smelly from the food

6. An unforgettably helpful work experience.

Former Employee - Cashier in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Cashier in Louisville, KY

I worked at Jason's Deli part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The food is delicious, the coworkers were friendly, and the environment was absolutely a "customers always came first" mentality. Managers cared about the business,

Cons

There seemed to be a high turn-over rate in employees, and the subject of raises and promotions were avoided.

One challenge I ran into with the management was their inconsistency among one another. For instance, sometimes I would feel conflicted if one manager told me to not do something, but another would ask me to do that very same thing.

7. Corporate store

I have been working at Jason's Deli

Pros

Easier than a full service restaurant. Good pay and less hours than full service.

Cons

A lot of micro management.

8. Stong values and people development

Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Jason's Deli full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Its a great place to develop through the ranks. Training is top notch and the skillset is very transferable to any organization

Cons

This is a complex system and requires willingness to challenge oneself and grow. Not really a Con, in my book.

Salaries should be more competitive

9. Delivery Coordinator

Former Employee - Cashier/Delivery Coordinator in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Cashier/Delivery Coordinator in Plano, TX

I worked at Jason's Deli part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Its a great place to hold your first job. Managers are the kind that will throw on gloves and get to working on the line when the crowds show up. Extremely clean environment even for a restaurant. If you are employed while taking college levels class they will reimburse you part of the tuition cost!!
    They strive that every employee knows every aspects of their position so tests will be given.

Cons

At times it can get repetitive but learning another position will allow for a change in the day to day grind. Theres only so high you can go within the deli before having to go to "fishing school" to be considered for management and even then you still have to work long hours.

10. Family style

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Jason's Deli full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Felt like a family, if you needed off for a real reason you could get your shift covered, and worked with school schedule.

Cons

Usually had to work weekends and short people sometimes. Also it is a corporate store so we would get corporate visits often which is annoying. Corporate would also make us put things a certain way which was not the most logical way...

Hire more employees and more advertising

11. Good working environment

I have been working at Jason's Deli

Pros

Very Very friendly working environment

Cons

not that i can think of any.

Jason's Deli Photos