Jason's Deli Reviews

Updated October 13, 2014
Updated October 13, 2014

Jason's Deli President Joe Tortorice Jr.
Joe Tortorice Jr.

Pros
  • Has a Core Values System that Looks like it can work effectively (in 11 reviews)

• great place to work if you need experience, got day of when requested (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management more concerned with their bottom line and bonuses than employee growth (in 13 reviews)

• Long hours, more than most restaurant management jobs (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

2 faced management

Former Employee - 2A Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - 2A Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Jason's Deli full-time

Pros

the food is fresh. most of the time.

Cons

As a manager you are still an employee. The managers will work hand in hand. not always a bad thing. upper management tends to push more from lower with promises of 'taking care of you", but when it comes down to it everyone there is about covering their own behind. they will throw you under the boss if it means they dont get chewed out even if they are the one at fault.

Reconsider your trainers and seasoned management

great team and vibrant atmospher filled with love and structure

Former Employee - Cashier in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Cashier in Addison, TX

I worked at Jason's Deli part-time

Pros

if your hungry and want quailty and dont mind spending money its a great place to visit and work

Cons

the pay isnt that great it could def need more compensation

increase pay!!!

Delivery Driver

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Jason's Deli part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Hourly pay compensates for crappy tip days. It is a good job for someone without a family.

Cons

Management really needs to work on hiring the right amount of employees and scheduling. Driving to other stores for a dollar fifty really sucks especially when you have a v6 car. You end up losing money in gas and you also have to pay over 3 dollars in tolls on a roundtrip.

Don't over staff drivers, it is better to let a few drivers have a really good day than to have a bunch of drivers all have crappy days. You also rack up on labor when you do this so please be considerate to drivers.

Respect!!!

Former Employee - Second Assistant Manager in Wellington, FL
    Former Employee - Second Assistant Manager in Wellington, FL

I worked at Jason's Deli full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The initial training was extensive and tough, but felt that I am getting the support to succeed and all were following the Core Values that is so highly promoted and preached within the environment.

Cons

No respect or understanding for Managers or staff situations. I had to drive over 40 miles a day to work and was expected to be there on a timely manner with mixed shifts everyday. GM's have power trips and use fear tactics to achieve their goals. Never been scolded like a 12 year old anywhere else I've worked in my 20+ years in the industry.
    Don't even think about sitting down to eat for even 15 min during your 10-11 hour shifts, god forbid you go to the restroom...ridiculous expectations! Over worked and under paid!
    You are better off at McDonald's or Burger King, seriously, at least there they have a structure and treat you like a human being...

You wouldn't lose Managers and staff at a blazing high speed it they were respected and at times listened to, but became obvious that nobody in upper Management cared as your response was "Oh well, you have to do what you have to do...", when I resigned! Sad that when competition is so fierce for quality labor you choose to neglect everything this industry is about, Customer service!

Good company

Former Employee - Cashier in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Cashier in Dallas, TX

I worked at Jason's Deli part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Jasons hired a great crew of people that were very high energy and productive.

Cons

I is an entry level job. They paid minimum wage and when the minimum wage went up after i had been working there for 1 year they just raised my pay to the new minimum wage.

it's great

I have been working at Jason's Deli

Pros

This one is delicious and great

Cons

not too much cons to say

Decent workplace.

Former Employee - Order Taker, Phones, Cashier in Fayetteville, NC
    Former Employee - Order Taker, Phones, Cashier in Fayetteville, NC

I worked at Jason's Deli part-time (less than an year)

Pros

When I needed more hours it was easy to ask and switch around with others.

Cons

Management was disrespectful. none of the managers were on the same page of how they wanted to run the place.

I have learned a variety of positions associated with food retail, but there is an inherent lack of emphasis on teamwork

Current Employee - Dishwasher in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Dishwasher in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Jason's Deli part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Variety of experience, good quality of product, a sense of family, flexible schedules

Cons

No teamwork, application of standards is uneven and at times discriminatory(not the racist kind). Its more of a good employees who have proven they can keep pace and meet demands at a level that far exceeds company standards are expected to pick up the slack of the less dedicated employees without the financial recognition. While on the flip side the less dedicated employees are given praise even if efforts are far below company standards.

Agree on a set of standards that everyone can follow but don't put extra standards on high performers without the increased compensation. Push for an emphasis on teamwork as a standard as opposed to voluntary displays of teamwork. The operations will run a lot smoother and be less stressful for all participants.

Greta place to deliver for

I have been working at Jason's Deli

Pros

If you are a hard worker and prove that you can be self-managing once you get the hang of things, its a great place. As a delivery driver, you can make 30-300 extra dollars a day. There is rapid expansion in the company so the opportunities to advance will be there. The food is absolutely amazing (I've been there 6 months and could possibly eat there every day) and there are options for everyone from gluten free, too a Lenten menu, as well as a vegetarian menu. They have solid corporate ethics that they strive to live by.

Cons

As an employee, the management is very concerned about their payroll. They receive pressure from their superior's to cut labor constantly. Therefore, you can be assigned to a shift, but only work a portion of it. It can be a pretty heartless at times in terms of that. The management works crazy hours, 50-60 a week, and deal with a lot of headaches as well from employees to being forced to micromanage at times. They don't quite live up to their core values, but some of the managers honestly do provide the servant leadership and honest transparency that they would like to give. Many of the workers are minimum wage or slightly higher than that employees with no real hope of advancement. This leads to a lot of no call no shows and insincere happiness to the consumer at times.

Have a heart for the employees. I understand about budget, payroll, and a healthy growing company, but it makes it difficult at times to run a household with the way that hours are cut and shifted all the time. Provide better incentives and include bonuses for exemplarary work. It will encourage employees better.

Would not work there again.

Former Employee - Order Taker, Phones, Cashier in Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Order Taker, Phones, Cashier in Columbus, GA

I worked at Jason's Deli full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice Co-workers, nice location, not far from where I lived.

Cons

Awful pay, no room for advancement, awful management.

Treat your employees as if you actually want them to be a part of your team.

Jason's Deli Photos