Jason's Deli Reviews

182 reviews filtered by

1. Very customer friendly and professional

Former Employee - Runner in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Runner in Chicago, IL

I worked at Jason's Deli full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Jason's Deli gives you the opportunity to learn new skills that can and will help you further yourself in daily life skills and needs.Given proper training and dedication from employee you can make great progress in the hospitality field and beyond.

Cons

Jason's Deli is a very professional work place however their been cases in which the management team will fail to see the needs of their employees, because they are mainly concern solely on the production of the food service out put. And that failure to notice their employees needs can sometimes affect the very thing they are mostly concern of their production out put. Besides that Jason's Deli is a well mannered work place.

Continue giving chances to those who are unfortunate because the unfortunate will appreciate it as they are in need. Their employment helps not only them but the community which in term helps Jason's Deli corp.

2. Not the best

Former Employee - Cashier/Delco in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Cashier/Delco in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Jason's Deli full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They train you as best as they can for the position you are in, free drinks, 25% discount even when you do not work that day.

Cons

The managers would be the most pain in the but part of the job, no one will answer questions. Employees that are hired has no passion or willingness to move forward.

Care more about the people who work you, they are not mindless robots and have family to take care of.

3. Ok company if you're desperate

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Jason's Deli full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The people and atmosphere is very relaxing. The pay is ok if you get in good with management

Cons

No work life balance, a little racial issues, overheard management saying 3 black managers was enough. There are 4 local Jasons Deli with only 3 black managers, 6 Latinos, and 14 white.

Pay attention to employees needs, don't be so mean, value people's work life balance

5. Short and Sweet

Former Employee - Crew Member in Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at Jason's Deli part-time (less than a year)

Pros

They have very flexible scheduling and were very patient when it came to training new employees on the myriad of food options they have available.

Cons

Very difficult to obtain enough hours to receive a decent paycheck. There were often occasional large breaks in communications between the store managers resulting in much confusion for the employees.

Managers should take more time to communicate among themselves. In addition, "less is more" is not always untrue, having a couple less employees in order to ensure adequate hours for everyone would go a long way.

6. It was horrible

I have been working at Jason's Deli

Pros

Customers are the best by far.

Cons

Managers are not ethical at all.

Integrity. Values

7. Great!!!

I have been working at Jason's Deli

Pros

Good Work Enviroment and good people

Cons

It's a deli, tough to have a social life

Listen to your employees, take care of them

Care about your people

Current Employee - Manager in Tallahassee, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Jason's Deli full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great Food, great customer base, fast paced, hands on, opportunities to advance are based on performance. Learn the business and you will can succeed fast.

Food Safety and practices

Cons

Hours, we have just increased our average work hours to 52 and only get paid for 50. However, most of us work 60 or more. When hired, I was told the average is 48. Sick days, what are those? If you need a day off, you make the time up. We are suppose to be off on 5 Holidays. Not if that Holiday falls on the last day of the month. GM's and 1A's have to come in to do full inventory.

Underpaid manager salaries. Retention of quality managers is difficult because of the pay and hours. Shifts do not allow for a full 8 hours of sleep, and family time.

We are expected to work an AOR which is Area of Responsibility, and it fails to mention a break off your feet and eat a meal during an 11 hour shift. This job is demanding of your personal life if you want to get promoted. I am not over weight and in my 30's. The physical demands of working in this restaurant is hard on your body.

Performance is based on surveys. Unrealistic results.

Corporate Structure of Payroll and Accounting is very unorganized.

Schedule writing takes almost a whole shift from a manager. (takes them out of the store) Inefficient system in place

Employee turnover is outrageous. It goes to show we need to start getting back to our people.

Too many changes too fast. Corporate Standardization has been a nuisance. They need to understand to run their idea labor, you can't have every position filled. These Position evaluation audits leave no room for employee call outs or managers running positions because of staffing issues.

Its hard to keep a happy staff when they are only scheduled for 3 hour shifts. This is causing a high turnover in our stores. We now have a hiring needs template to update on top of the 5 other google docs we are required to update daily. Get back to your people, listen and make changes to improve employee morale.

Tasks on top of tasks is overwhelming and exhausting. Remember the days with out cell phones? Get back to the basics and quit trying to implement more clip boards and spreadsheets to manage.

9. Great starting company

I worked at Jason's Deli part-time

Pros

If you are just starting your "work life" Jason's deli would be a great first job. They have incredible hands on management and they want you to succeed. It is a great stepping stone into the career world and a great learning experience.

Cons

Challenges that I ran into were clash of employees. Jason's Deli has a family environment and all employees were very close, with closeness come conflict.

Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Order Taker, Phones, Cashier in Corpus Christi, TX
    Former Employee - Order Taker, Phones, Cashier in Corpus Christi, TX

I worked at Jason's Deli part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Wonderful product, fun place to work, employees treated well. Discounts or free meals for employees! Worked there for two years, really enjoyed it.

Cons

Come home smelling like food, working on the salad bar not great. Can be difficult to get a pay raise. You have to buy non slip shoes.

Jason's Deli - great food but company culture is old school.

I worked at Jason's Deli part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The food is great! Everybody loves the salads, soups and sandwiches. The salad bar is an awesome deal, especially if you order the Managers Special.

Cons

The management style is old school and autocratic. There is little opportunity for growth as an employee or manager. The company seems to be mired with good ole boys that are not open minded nor open to using the creativity or experience of their people. It is rather obnoxious.

This is a family owned company that is run like a single mom and pop location from a personnel standpoint. The company does not truly care about it's people. Loyalty is one sided and work is all about what can be done for the company for slave labor rates of pay and no opportunity for growth.

Jason's Deli Photos