Jasper Engines

Updated Oct 25, 2013

Be The First To
Add Photos

Doug Bawel

Advancement opportunities for those who aren't afraid to work!

Associate (Current Employee)
Jasper, IN

I have been working at Jasper Engines full-time for more than 3 years

ProsTop re-manufacturer of Engines/Transmissions in the industry. 100% Associate owned! Never had a lay-off in 70 history. They truly care about their Associates.

ConsPay is a little on the low-end at first but they are getting more aggressive in this dept. Factory setting can take some getting used to if you've never worked in this environment before and prefer to be out doors.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing!

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Micromanaged, underpaid

Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Detroit, MI

I worked at Jasper Engines full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood benefits, good time off. Good starting job for someone starting out in the sales field. Wages are good starting out, but little room for monetary growth as pay plans change

ConsBig time micro management. No urgency to keep seasoned reps, would rather re-train new ones. Not for a good sales person looking to have a life or make a good wage long term. If you are interviewing, ask how many reps the territory has had the last 5-10 years...it's a joke...revolving door...old school way of thinking...Oh...You have to be in your first stop by 8, and your last still at 5...no matter how far away from your home. And travel to/from sales/work meetings are on your time as well (including weekends and weeknights)....In short, don't take this job if you don't have to

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the straight commission reps manage their own territory....pay more...keep the good reps and build relationships

was great while it lasted

Box Truck Driver (Former Employee)
Baltimore, MD

I worked at Jasper Engines full-time for more than a year

Prosgood pay , full time , good benefits , was a really good job while i was there , they have really nice equipment and trucks

Consi was hurt at work and when i came back from being injured i was fired for nothing. also i didnt recieve any pay for the 5 months i was out

Advice to Senior Managementpay more attention to your employees

paradise for those who desire to be micro managed and are productive with this management style

Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at Jasper Engines full-time

Prosthey have an extensive training program and bring all reps to corporate office multiple times per year for training. Be ready to give up several Sundays for travel days to go to training. Non training weeks usually only require Monday through Friday 10 - 12 hour days on the road and paper work or regional meetings on Saturdays.

Consgo through reps like water and commonly voice threat of termination to sales reps. Alot of nights spent in small town hotels ... although this might be a pro for some. Be ready to travel up to 3 or 4 hours each way on Saturdays for bi monthly regional meetings

Advice to Senior Managementnone - they seem to be managing and doing things exactly how they want.

Hard work, low pay

Transmission Department and Ditribution Center (Former Employee)
Leavenworth, IN

I worked at Jasper Engines full-time for more than 8 years

ProsYou get lots of experience in different areas that can prepare you for a better job, I made wonderful friends, and got a lot of education from JET.

ConsThe work is very hard, the pay is not that great.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees when they have a problem with co-workers. The Crawford plant lost some good people because of one womans attitude. Give a good pay increase this year. I know business is good right now, I have several friends still at JET.

Management is not very honest with employees or customers.

Inside Sales (Former Employee)
Jasper, IN

I worked at Jasper Engines

ProsClean work place for a factory.

ConsYour job hangs on a string every day.

Advice to Senior ManagementHumans are of more value than machines.
I think Doug Bawel would be a great leader if the people close to him didn't lie or taint the facts. He makes decisions on near accurate information and half truths.

Jasper provides me opportunites to become a better Factory Representative.

Factory Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Jasper Engines

ProsAutonomy, I get the opportunity to give myself a raise (commissioned salesperson), flexibility of how I perform my job

ConsNo sick days, not enough time off, a 3rd week of vacation would make Jasper an even better place to work

Advice to Senior ManagementOur mission statement is "Do it right...and have fun!" Spend a little more time on having fun.

Worked for Jasper Engines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jasper Engines reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Jasper Engines CEO Doug Bawel. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Jasper Engines employees.