Jaspersoft

Jaspersoft Reviews

Updated Apr 29, 2014

Jaspersoft Chairman and CEO Brian C. Gentile

Brian C. Gentile

Great, positive, collaborative culture... but some groups could be more motivated and less prone to stagnation

ProsCollaboration
    Stability
    Work-life Balance
    Interesting Product and Market
    Technical competence of Engineering
    Professionalism
    Maturity, Lack of politics

ConsInsufficient focus on existing customers and renewals
    Maintenance and stability often take a back seat to new features meant to expand the market
    "Analysis Paralysis" - even when conclusions are clear, need for more data can be used an excuse to delay changes

Advice to Senior ManagementMore focus on product maintenance
    Better training and documentation on elaborate new features
    More institutional focus on existing customers - regular check-ins by Account Management

Jaspersoft Human Resources responded to this review

Nov 1, 2013

Great that this review emphasizes some of Jaspersoft's many strengths, including a very interesting market opportunity and a mature, professional environment that is free from politics. Mission ... More

Good products, no ability to prioritize

ProsThe rank-and-file employees are great, and they make it a fun environment. San Francisco location is nice. Lack of ego among people below management level. Relatively short working hours makes for good work/life balance.

ConsSenior management have huge offices, everyone else have tiny desks - easy to see who is important. Management says all the time that they are transparent, but major decisions happen with no notice. Everything is top priority so that releases can be a mess.

Advice to Senior ManagementEither be transparent or stop claiming that you are. Product planning is important; make decisions in advance of release time.

Wonderful place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsStrong, competent leadership, transparent culture, open to input and varying opinions

ConsVery democratic environment, sometimes leads to difficulty in decision making.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company!

ProsThe people here are just awesome. Management is really solid and the direction of the company is very exciting.

ConsI don't know that I can think of any con's - everyone works really hard, the office is really nice, too (we moved a year ago to a great location).

Director Sales

Sales (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

Proswork, life balance, great products ad vision

Consnot to many A players

Advice to Senior Managementneed to pay for great talent

Excellent company for technical talent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsI found Jaspersoft to be an exciting, challenging place to work. Management listened to individual contributors, and gave them the opportunity to make a real difference to the company. Risk taking was accepted, and even encouraged. It was fun being in the open source business, and being at a company that was innovative in both its product and its business model.

ConsI wasn't crazy about the work space. Its an old San Francisco building with a weird floor plan.
    Some of the early techies have left, leaving a knowledge void.
    Company wasn't profitable when I left.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure the teams overseas are tightly integrated with the rest of the company.
    Focus on turning a profit - avoid distractions and peripheral opportunities.

I've been in software 20+ years. Jaspersoft is the best company I've ever worked for.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe people and the product. We have intelligent, hard working, level headed executive leadership, departmental management, and colleagues. Our product strategy and management departments are much more sophisticated than a few years ago, and the result is some really exciting product. And finally, respect - mutual respect across departments and geographies and up and down the hierarchy are built into the Jaspersoft corporate culture. If you're smart, respectful, and work hard it's a great place to work.

ConsWe run pretty lean - it would be nice to have more operating budget. Like most software companies, we work hard and sometimes very long hours.

It's great to be on Jaspersoft team

Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat people
    Great work environment
    Lot's of opportunities to grow
    Easy going

ConsSmaller company, less formal procedures

great work environment at jaspersoft

Senior QA Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Pros- nice work environment
    - good developer to qa relationship

Cons- less salary
    - need more people for planning

Everything is Priority #1

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

Prosgood software
    good rank and file employees
    location

ConsExecutive management can't prioritize. Everything is a fire drill. There's no time to plan before implementing. They say they value quality, but they push you to do some much work that quality suffers.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo do some things well, you can't do everything.

Worked for Jaspersoft? Contribute to the Community!