Jay Group

Add Photos

Dana A. Chryst

Fast pace and intense.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Jay Group full-time for less than a year

ProsIf you are a people person this is a great place to work.

ConsSome times the punch clock would be over crowed with workers and you only have seven mins to punch in before you shift and some people can take up to a min to punch in so six to seven people oops there goes your seven mins. It is rare but it has happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow earlier punch in rules like 15 min so no one is frantic when having to punch in.

Failing Company

I worked at Jay Group full-time

ProsThere are some nice people there. Really nothing else I can think of, it's getting pretty bad.

ConsLong-time employees quitting in droves, really low morale, everyone feels as though they are underpaid and under appreciated. Management has no idea what is going on in the warehouse and call center, and they don't care about the workers. Pay is so low it's not even worth it. No one is sure of the business's future, may fail at any time.

Horrible place to work! No communication! No leadership! RUN AWAY!!

I worked at Jay Group

Prosnothing good to say other than a nice looking building.

ConsSalaries are low, lack of leadership, no communication. If there is communication, its all lies!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company will disolve in about 90 days due to lack of leadership and poor business decision making.

The Jay Group is a sinking ship

I worked at Jay Group full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe variety of clients keep the work interesting and varied. Co-worker relationships are strong. Flexible work schedule is a plus.

ConsThe company can't hang onto clients long term. They only care about landing the client and onboarding them as quickly as possible with no regard to how to secure them for the long haul. Employees are not rewarded for their dedication or hard work and are taken for granted. Very low pay scale as well. Morale at this company is pitiful.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe truthful with your employees regarding the state of the company. Lower level (non-management) employees have a better understanding of where the company problems are. Try asking them for their opinions.

This is a company barely keeping their head above water, and they treat their employees as completely replaceable.

I worked at Jay Group

ProsTJG has many different clients and often new clients which can keep the work fresh depending on which department you work in. This is a good job for entry level customer service positions.

ConsEmployees are not treated well. Most are viewed as completely replaceable as soon as a client leaves. Department heads are constantly changing. Not stable.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is important to improve the technology systems as well as communication at TJG.

Very Unstable Company

I worked at Jay Group

ProsThe company has interesting clients and the work is never the same. If starting in a lower position, there is room for advancement and to work in different departments within the company. Most management is supportive of the balance of family and work.

ConsTJG is going through extreme growing or lack of growing pains. Senior management does not always follow through with their strategic plans and communications are lacking from senior management and at the department levels. In fact, communications are lacking in some departments themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways follow through with communication and communications are a must. People are extremely frustrated by lack of communication. Listen to the workers when looking for solutions to help the business grow. Sometimes they know more than the managers.

Great place to learn and grow your career

I have been working at Jay Group full-time for more than a year

ProsA few recent job wins have this company hiring for a number of positions.
True opportunity for advancement (I had friends who were answering phones who now are in management)
More service offerings and job openings in some.

ConsCan be hard work but very rewarding

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the selling effort.
Glad they got rid of the former CFO he did not fit the culture

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Zero advancement opportunities

I have been working at Jay Group full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGood location in safe neighborhood.

ConsClique-ish atmosphere within and between departments. Poor representation of services provided to client.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop current staff for advancement opportunities before hiring externally. Reward dedication and performance with more than an accolade pinned to a wall. Validity of entire program compromised when CEO writes & posts one for her son who is also an employee. Don't forget your roots.

Worked for Jay Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jay Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Jay Group CEO Dana A. Chryst. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Jay Group employees.