Jazzercise Reviews

10 reviews filtered by
4.2
Judi Sheppard Missett

1. Great Place to Work (If You Have Another Source of Income)

I worked at Jazzercise part-time

Pros

Jazzercise can be a really fantastic side job. The pay isn't great, but you not only get a free membership there, you can work out during work! The entire staff was really friendly and made the job that much better.

Cons

This is not a job you can take on as a sole means of income- it is very, very part time.

2. I love Jazzercise

Current Employee - Jazzercise Instructor in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Jazzercise Instructor in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Jazzercise part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Where else can you go to get paid to have fun, dance, and get fit at the same time!

Cons

When under the weather, you sometimes need to find a substitute on a short notice.

3. Fun, innovative, inspiring … but no money to be made.

Current Employee - Certified Instructor in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Certified Instructor in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Jazzercise part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You get to share your love of dance and fitness with fun upbeat people. The program stays fresh and is continually working to deliver a quality and effective product for our customers.

Cons

Recently the company seems to be moving away from encouraging individual franchise operations to a more corporate center focus. It is almost impossible to make any money doing this anymore.

5. Jazzercise Instructor and Franchise Owner

Current Employee - Franchise Owner in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Franchise Owner in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Jazzercise part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people, you can basically make it what you want it to be - full time, part time. So much flexibility and corporate support.

Cons

continuing franchise fee is high at 20%

6. Easy

Current Employee - Babysitter in East Moline, IL
    Current Employee - Babysitter in East Moline, IL

I have been working at Jazzercise

Pros

Easy and very good pay

Cons

Small babysitting room and bad toys

Advice to Management

Put some effort into the babysitting room

7. Its a Family!

Current Employee - Instructor in Montville, NJ
    Current Employee - Instructor in Montville, NJ

I have been working at Jazzercise

Pros

The Sense of Family and Friendships made there are amazing! Because we all enjoy each others company and the routines are fun...working out isnt a "chore" its a blast!

Cons

I cant think of any.

Advice to Management

I love jazzercise... I loved teaching body Ballet ...being a dancer it was nice to be able to go back to the "basics" the students loved it...It was a great experience...I Appreciate Judys Open attitude of trying new things...This is what keeps Jazzercise on top! Keep up the Great work!

8. Jazzercise is an uplifting, wonderful way to reach out to the community to support health and wellness.

Current Employee - Associate in Duluth, GA
    Current Employee - Associate in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Jazzercise

Pros

As an associate it is a ministry for me to help others stay fit, healthy and strong. Flexible and FUN!

Cons

The product is GREAT, pricing is competitive. Difficult, however, at start facility with 0 customers and make ends meet.

Advice to Management

Great job! No wonder Jazzercise is a success!

9. It is the only job I have held a passion for.

Current Employee - Franchised & Certified Jazzercise Instructor in Wake Forest, NC

I have been working at Jazzercise

Pros

I am my own boss. Jazzercise Inc. is helpful when a problem or question arises. It is the only place I can forget about my everyday problems for one hour. The students are wonderful. Jazzercise has been a part of my life for half of my life. It keeps me healthy and fit. Jazzercise has helped me get through some rough stuff over the years. It is fun. They keep current in marketing and promoting, they have a plan we can adapt to. They do alot of work for us in that respect.

Cons

The economy has kept enrollment low. I have found over the years when things get tough in a family, mom's Jazzercise is the first thing to get dropped off the weekly schedule. I have heard that excuse for quitting many times, I think it is very sad. When things are tough, that's when we all need the stress release the most. Alot of people think the instructor gets a pay check from Jazzercise. We get paid by the student and Jazzercise gets a percentage of that, we need to pay rent and other ongoing expenses, and are left with a few dollars when all is said and done. We really don't make much money, but you have to look at other benefits brought to the table.

Advice to Management

Management within Jazzercise is great. They are there if you need them. And they seem aware of new things popping up in the fitness industry. After forty years, it's still the only program around and still going strong.

10. Great job, Wish it paid more

Current Employee - Instructor in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Instructor in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Jazzercise

Pros

You get paid to exercise. It's fun and you're surrounded by great people.

Cons

I wish it paid more so that i could make a living off of it. It's tough to work a job, and teach a fitness class. It's a lot of work, for a little pay

Advice to Management

Really acknowledge when someone is working really hard for the company teaching large amounts of classes, or having a great amount of customers for a small area

11. The success that one attains in Jazzercise is totally up that person!

Former Employee - Franchisee/Instructor in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Franchisee/Instructor in Houston, TX

I worked at Jazzercise

Pros

A franchisee with Jazzercise gets great workouts, learns routines to great up-to-date music, meets tons of great people, and corporate is there when you need help.

Cons

Obtaining and working a franchise with Jazzercise is challenging and expensive. Actually making a profit is a lot of hard work.

Advice to Management

The passion of leadership within Jazzercise is amazing. The energy level is astounding. I believe you really couldn't work for a more motivating, enaged company.