Jeff Zell Consultants

Updated January 15, 2015
Updated January 15, 2015
2.4

Jeff Zell

Trying to be a great company

Current Employee - Field Tech in Coraopolis, PA
    Current Employee - Field Tech in Coraopolis, PA

I have been working at Jeff Zell Consultants full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Works with employees schedules, will pay for certifications, supplies work truck, supplies equipment and tools, provides site specific safety training, will reimburse you for some safety equipment such as gloves. There are some serious people trying to help you learn. Middle management very active with field people. Senior techs go out of their way to help you. They try to keep employees working in slow periods.

Cons

Compensation can get stagnant..where you are hired, you are pretty much staying at that job. Ownership seems oblivious to field people. Management should be more focused on training people in slow periods. No advancement in perks such as PTO or vacation. People with ten years or one year will get same vacation and PTO time. Lazy employees always seem to get the easy jobs.

Be more open about raises and promotions. Is Jeff a real person? Never once saw him at the Coraopolis location. Need incentives for senior employees.

Not good.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coraopolis, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coraopolis, PA

I have been working at Jeff Zell Consultants

Pros

Access to company vehicle when available for project inspections. Most projects are with in a 15 mile radius of home.

Cons

No opportunities for advancement or pay raises. You will be assigned to a project to provide quality assurance inspection for construction contractors. If you are with out any experience, well then your pretty much on your own.

Respect seasoned employees. Get rid of the "good ole boy" networks and clicks ( though I see that as futile considering the area of this country). Promote from within instead of hiring dead beats from your competition.

Got my career started, but did not care about making me a valuable employee

I worked at Jeff Zell Consultants

Pros

Received a few opportunities that i am grateful for and gained relevant and precious experience

Cons

Management did not consider any of my suggestions for furthering my education to become a more valuable employee.

Treat employees like family