Jefferson County (Colorado)

Jefferson County (Colorado) Reviews

Updated May 26, 2014

Kathy Hartman

Great Place to Grow!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits, training, time off, and good employee moral.

ConsSalaries and hourly wages are low for the area.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue doing great work!

The Intensive Family Treatment Team is a gem in a tough business

Intensive Family Therapist (Former Employee) Golden, CO

ProsIFT provided great therapy services to a sometimes difficult population. Great way to gain experience in multiple types of treatment/issues. Colleagues extremely supportive.

ConsHigh stress environment. Clients often court-ordered and didn't want to be there. Larger agency sometimes cumbersome to work with.

Great work experience.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Golden, CO

ProsPersonal and professional growth opportunities are wonderful.

ConsPolitical atmosphere can be trying at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the ideals of the county rather than the business aspects of the county.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Jefferson County Road and Bridge.

Equipment Operator (Current Employee) Golden, CO

ProsThe benefits are outstanding, great retirement matching, college reimbursement, family orientated, several paid holidays every year. above average salary.

ConsSnow removal can be a bear, with long relentless hours. CDL is required for all positions. Exposed to the weather and elements year round.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromotions could be better and cost of living increase ever 5 years is just not enough.

Highly Bureaucratic Governmental Agency

Division Director (Current Employee) Golden, CO

ProsStaff (for the most part), location, state and regional affiliations. Across the County, most new hires are very eager to do a good job.

ConsInsititutionalized thinking, lack of leadership, lack of accountability, lack of integrity and ethics. Because the county's leadership is elected, it's difficult to change the culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire/promote department leaders with vision, integrity, ability to challenge institutionalized thinking, and some business acumen. Have the confidence and tenacity to fire those without.

Great place to work

ProsBeautiful location
    Great benefits
    Making a diffeernce in the community
    Great employees
    Great work/life balance
    Onsite fitness center

ConsTight budgets in government
    Distance depending upon where you live

Stagnation abounds

Mid-Level Manager (Former Employee) Golden, CO

ProsGreat location, easy commute, abundant wildlife viewing

ConsUnclear management structure, constant reorganization in the name of "improvement", knee-jerk responses, lack of accountability, lack of communication, lack of vision, lack of continuity, lack of transparency, lack of interest in evolving

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's still a "good ol' boy" network at Jeffco. If you're "in", the sky is the limit. If you're "out", quit now while you still have some self-respect. So much potential for growth, so little interest. Jeffco's motto is "We're broken and we like it that way."

Job review

ProsChallenging work, great colleagues, location

Consstagnant salaries, lack of merit-based pay scale

Not for the weak of heart

Analyst (Current Employee) Golden, CO

ProsGreat benefits, great work life balance

ConsPoor pay comparatively, organization lacks integrity, culture of fear, high performers are singled out for intimidating non-performers.

Advice to Senior ManagementComplete restructuring, talent is leaving and will continue to do so. Squeaky wheels do not neccessarily bring objective insight or accurate analysis of workplace culture.

Jefferson County Review

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Golden, CO

ProsThere are talented and smart people working for Jefferson County in all areas of the county.

ConsUnprofessional senior management. The promotion of county personnel to management positions when they lake the credentials and experience. This negatively impacts everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe environment is very political. It's important to hire outside talent that can bring new ideas and innovation to the county and citizens.

Worked for Jefferson County (Colorado)? Contribute to the Community!