Jeffrey Charles NYC

Updated November 22, 2014
Updated November 22, 2014
2.9

Jonathan Kline

Door to door basic solicitation sales

Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I worked at Jeffrey Charles NYC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people are great and the environment is stimulating. Music plays in the office all the time. Meet at 730 am everyday and head out around 9. Meat back at 6pm, so this is not a office job.

Cons

Literally go door to door and cell T-Mobile plans to managers and business employees. High turnover rate (1 week average). Encouraged to be promoted into management role, but literally have to start by selling cell phone plans to make it. Commission based with no benefits.

Focus on employee retainment.

Another Pyramid Scheme Scam!

Former Employee - Doesn't Make A Difference in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Doesn't Make A Difference in New York, NY

I worked at Jeffrey Charles NYC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You might meet some cool people to hang out with after work. You will get a great workout from going door to door all day everyday.

Cons

Seriously where to begin...
    No transferable skills for next job.
    Opportunity is presented to keep you trapped into doing door to door sales forever! Even the "owners" are still doing it... lol
    Compensation on a killer week after taxes is still sub par. No salary pay! Its structured so that it doesn't make sense to take it.. they want you to be hungry for sales and work your butt off.
    I gave it a try but anyone who is looking for a real job with REAL opportunity should stay away.
    Pyramid scheme structure.. seriously how else do you explain building your team to get your own office? Its funny cause none of the existing partners have had people with them from their original teams...that alone should strike some thought.
    Everyone gets the job! They just need as many people as they can get...Desperate.
    Investment Banking hours for a job that is taking you no where and is paying you less than what you think you make.
    Waste of time. Don't bother unless you are desperate and need a pay check. You'll get your first one like 2-3 weeks after starting.

Don't falsely advertise as a management opportunity, its a sales job! Your really just trying to motivate people to sell more in order for them to stay cause YOU need THEM.

It all lands on you

Current Employee - Marketing and Sales Individual Contractor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing and Sales Individual Contractor in New York, NY

I have been working at Jeffrey Charles NYC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You are the leader of your day. Either relax and hardly work make no money or work hard and relax later with a pocket full of cash

Cons

If you have a bad morning or previous night it can really throw your sales off and attitude in the field and that can potentially shut down your money making drive

Make management and other heights more attainable and treat everyone equally

Sales job

I worked at Jeffrey Charles NYC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people that work there are a lot of fun

Cons

Long hours not enough pay no health insurance

don't lie online. let people know before the interview that it is a sales position

commitment

I worked at Jeffrey Charles NYC

Pros

great team and supportive group of people. The management is acknowledge your improvements and success.

Cons

It is a sales job and they demand extreme commitment, like the management wants to see who comes first. So they expect you to be at the office at 6am and you will probably be get home by 9pm. For first few years, you will be in the office for the 20% of the time and 80% of the time you will go out and sell any products. So if you are up for that, go for it.

Shady Charles Inc.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Jeffrey Charles NYC part-time (more than an year)

Pros

You do what you want with your hours. Either put in work and make dough or sit like dough and make nothing.

Cons

Let's begin-
    Boss plays favorites.
    Salary doesn't exist at all. Just commish.
    If your doing well one day you are praised , but the next minute you have a bad day you're abused.
    To excell and be promoted you have to suck up or be a certain ethnicity.
    Made fun of if you have one bad moment. You walk in 7am , get all happy and pumped then hit maybe 50 doors promised maybe 2, 3 if your good ,deals and come back at 730 exhausted and fatigued. If you made "600" that week then your paycheck after taxes bangs you down to maybe 430 in your pocket. Also.. The site is misleading. Don't go by that at all.

Golden rule. Treat others how you would want to be treated. A entry level has a bad day? Pick them up! Smile for them. Stay positive and push them harder. Also? Someone is 5 minutes late don't embarass them and fire them, inspire them.

Entrepreneurship Training Program

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Jeffrey Charles NYC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Been working with them for 3 months now and the experience has been life changing. The challenge of getting better each day is rewarding. Promotions are quick too, as I already see myself getting promoted to management in the next 3 weeks. I also get to meet a lot of great and funny people. Education is phenomenal as well as I learned more here the past few months than I ever did in school (thats me with 3 business degrees).

Cons

Work hard to get to partnership. Employees that are happy with the company don't have the time to write nice reviews about it because they're too busy having fun and working on their opportunity.

Have more business trips so new guys can see more of the opportunity.

Graduates Beware: Simply a door to door sales job with long hours in NYC

I worked at Jeffrey Charles NYC

Pros

The people who work here are very nice and outgoing. Management is very helpful and supporting.

Cons

Their website and job descriptions are very misleading.

1) The work hours are NOT 9am - 5pm. It is 7:30am - 7pm. They spend a hour in the beginning of the morning and end of the day for various meetings and sessions.

2) There is NO base salary. It is all commission based.

3) This is a door to door sales jobs. You go around your particular section of NY and walk into businesses asking for their manager in order to promote the product such as T-Mobile plans to the manager himself or the his employees.

4) They pitch you the promise of promotion and eventual partnership and ownership. During my time there, I barely saw any promotions; just turnovers from mostly dissatisfied college grads like myself. It seems its more a scheme for you go out there and do all the work, while upper level management makes a cut off your hard work.

Be more detailed in your job decriptions

Not For me

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Jeffrey Charles NYC part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good environment, everyone is all yippy at 7 in the morning which wakes you up, but it simply wasnt for me. If your in high spirits and you like busting your butt, you can make about $50,000 in your first year which is great for a first year job.

Cons

They say its 8-6. its more like 7:30-7. You go from door to door knocking on them, asking to speak to management so you can sell them something. You are looked down upon as an annoying salesmen.

Be more specific about what the job entails

Jeffrey Charles NYC Response

Sep 30, 2014HR

Thanks so much for your feedback. As we are growing in the New York market anything we can do to improve our hiring process is invaluable. Since your time with us we have stressed to our team that ... More

Door to Door Sales or Nah

I worked at Jeffrey Charles NYC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

During morning meetings when people are excited about the day, team night going out with co-workers, having a schedule that you completely control

Cons

So many of them but lets start from the beginning,

1. The interview process was very easy, you also get a chance to actually go out and shadow what it is that you will be potentially doing so to a point anyone who accepts this job you have an idea of what your getting into. Looking back its funny how as Sales Reps (Not Marketing whatever the hell fancy title they like to give themselves) when breaking down the job and its perks during the interview process, it was presented that in a certain time period you will have obtained a certain financial and professional status. Seeing how part of the growth for employees is to "PITCH" potential employees to get them to join and get promoted is very ironic.

2. Now the "PITCH", your job is to go out in a neighborhood in New York City (excluding Staten Island) going literally from door to door (businesses only) trying to get customers to sign up as a customer. Again in NYC there are a good number of places where this can actually work regardless of who is working that area; however, there is a great number of places in NY where its the other way around. it can be really annoying to be going into everybody business and trying to sale the something over and over again even as the sales rep. if their was something other than sales that this company offered they might be worth taking a good look at.

3. As far as pay and benefits: What you sell you make a percentage and there is a bonus for doing a certain amount. Here's the problem, If your not able to come to work due to sick, doctors, child care, or court, etc. in the normal world people have actually salaries where there pay rate affords them to not have to worry about missing a day or two. This company doesn't seem to get that in 2014 in NYC who they hell is gonna go to work especially if you have children and not have an hourly/base salary, they should include that with the commission. The issue of this is that if you don't sale even if your working long hours during the week your check will literally reflect that.

4. On thing that bothered me was the amount of money that managers were making off their team of sales reps and these guys don't provide subway passes to get to and from your neighborhood to make money for the company and yourself. So not only do you want to make a percentage of what I worked for but you also send me into an area outside of the office and I have to pay my own money to get there.

5. Finally, you get promoted but your pay stays the same and now you have more responsibility. But in order to make it to management you have to get a number of new employees under your wing and they have to get promoted, part of the reason why their are only 3-4 managers out of a staff of 40+ and not to mention employees come and go like every week.

This type of job I thought would actually serve best for high school students who are at least 16 or young adults who aren't in college. As college graduates the mindset is sometimes too liberal (not to get political) to be going from door to door trying to sell. Most of the college grads just want to say they have a job that will hopefully turn out into a career which is why so many in the office are recent grads.

But someone who is in high school will actually be a better fit in my opinion due to their drive to go out and just make money without having to worry about adult responsibilities like child care (in some cases) bills, student loans car payments, rent, etc. while at the same time learning about the core values of how to become financially smart and professional development at a young age.

And chances are in some of these neighborhoods store owners will actually have a relationship with the teenager who always comes into there store or business.

Jeffrey Charles NYC Response

Sep 30, 2014HR

We cannot thank you enough for providing such detailed feedback. As we strive to help our clients expand their market share in New York we are also trying to improve our company benefits and ... More