Jeg's

Updated Apr 30, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Edward Coughlin

A great experience in the area of high performance parts and accessories selling to the racing community

Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) Delaware, OH

ProsIf you have a passion for high performance automotive, this is a great place to work. Good benefits including profit share and possible monthly bonuses

ConsHours required to work depending on the job requirements and increased demands and stress during the busy season with reduced coverage

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways be a step ahead of the game regarding foreseeing the proper amount of employment coverage and solving/correcting opportunities at the macro level.

The worst experience of my life.

Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) Delaware, OH

ProsThe discount was good until they reduced it such to make more profit to compensate for the failure that is free shipping on all orders. I made lots of contacts that allowed myself to move on to a much better company.

ConsThe most abusive relationship of any kind that I have endured. I would wish this kind of treatment and disrespect on no one. 50% turn over in the three years I was there.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees fair, they are the key to your success.

It sucks

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Delaware, OH

ProsGood hours, attendance policy and benefits not to bad

ConsPoor management, to much gossip from the supervisors. They just can't keep anyone's personel life or issues to there selves. So much turnover with help.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo put a lease on management from telling everyone, someone's personal business. Put a little more trust in there employees rather than some of the managers. Some of them will lie to cover there own butt.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't sell your self short. All employees or coworkers hate there job but feel stuck!

Warehouse/Call Center (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsI sat here thinking - there was none.

ConsThis is a family owned business, however they take that to a new meaning and not in a good and caring way. At Jeg's you are your clock in #. The pay is good, however is it worth it if you are miserable and unhappy?
    The call center is horrible, I loved helping the customers and it showed in there response about how I handled there calls - A+ for me!
    However, you have to cover your bum, and document every little thing that you do for the customer or upper management could twist and manipulate. I recall a example which at the time I shook my head and listened in on a coworkers conversation with a boss. They did not like her tone - keep in mind this was a cute little old granny type who was always up beat and her voice like Anglia Lansbury- always nice sweet. They actually took her back into the training room to give her voice instructions.. lol The funny thing is she did nothing different and sounded the same...!!!
    Several times I caught upper management trying to frame me and say I did something wrong in an order- the cool thing is because I documented and made copies the ill attempts only showed there own insecurities and well made them look well- funny!!!
     I use to work in the warehouse and well - not much better -
    I would not recommend this job to anyone - keep looking and you will find something better!

Advice to Senior ManagementLOL hmmmm- Don't be lazy- take the call, when the workers need you! Also, When I did my own biz my employees liked there position that's probably because of my approach and praise versus making a change then blaming them. After all what comes around goes around - so I really hope to the very few bosses who were good - cool and supportive- I wish good health - and all the positive blessings - now to the rest - I really prayed for you while my employment was with you- now you are removed not only from my prayers- but I feel great instead of unhappy. So Haha you are there and well I am off to open my new Biz. Thanks for the push!

Fun environment for car people - just know your place

Inventory Control (Former Employee) Delaware, OH

ProsGood people, fair benefits, neat environment, if you like performance cars - this is "Toy's R Us" for big kids.

ConsYou must know your place - unless you've been there 20+ years, don't try to express an opinion that may improve things, you are not yet to that level! If you are OK being a "worker bee" for that long and then being able to speak, you'll do fine!

Advice to Senior ManagementTry bypassing some of the "good old boys" and listening to ALL your employees - some might surprise you with their insights!

Worked for Jeg's? Contribute to the Community!