Jenny Craig Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
1.8
Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people to reach their goals is a wonderful experience (in 45 reviews)

• Would love to agree with the rest about changing people's lives but we all know we are better trained to sell vs helping them lose weight (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Favoritism amongst upper management (in 27 reviews)

• Our center director doesn't really motivate us just wants to be our friend more (in 13 reviews)

Would Not Recommend

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

Jenny Craig has good work-life balance. There is also very generous PTO accrual for the Home Office.

Cons

I made the mistake of not listening to the glassdoor reviews prior to accepting my position. The people are stuck in their ways and only care about the bottom line - making money. It's not so much about the client but more about how much they buy. Employees are also not encouraged to develop professionally which makes us want to leave the company.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees. To best grow the business you have to be willing to grow your employees.

Horrible, untrained management with little help!

Former Employee - Sales Coordinator in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Coordinator in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really the only Pro to this company was the few nice coworkers and the potlucks every week. I enjoyed having Saturday's off but needs improvement!

Cons

They say they will train you but never do! The Sales Coordinator job is a joke. The manager for this job doesn't even know HOW to do the job. They fire and rehire way to much and they say "Extensive" training but end up only giving you a day training and throw a packet at you to learn. Be careful with who you talk to and be aware of the training reports. They insist that it is a positive thing and will help you but once again No support. I would never wish this job on anyone. The management should set an example but they come in as they please and gossip way to much! This company needs to get their act together and rehire. The only positive manager there is the hiring manager Heidi. She should be in charge.

Advice to Management

Hire management that knows what they are doing. Enforce extensive training if you plan on having employees who know what they are doing.

If you are looking for a dead end job, JC is your place!

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

Brand actually works. Discounts on the food Free Curves classes Flexibility to go to nearby gym during work hours

Cons

Lack of respect for fellow employees Bad pay & benefits No employee appreciation.. A joke of a bonus Proud Favoritism Horrible HR 75% of the people that work here are not the "brand". They will lie to you and overwork you. Everyone there secretly wants to leave..

Advice to Management

Advice to potential employees: Make sure you negotiate your pay upfront. Don't go to HR, they are filled with a bunch of gossipers who will spread your "anonymous" complaint like wild fire. Always remember HR is there to prevent lawsuits not help you.. Don't be ridiculous.

An all male executive team is ruining Jenny Craig

Former Employee - Director in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Director in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Jenny Craig truly wants to make a difference in the lives of the clients. The team is passionate about helping their clients live healthier, happier lives.

Cons

An all male executive team makes it difficult for the organization to do what they need to in order to support the clients whom rely on them. Interesting that as soon as Curves purchased the company, all female Jenny Craig executives were removed.

Advice to Management

Have people in leadership who know how to lead the team, care for employees, understand who the clients are, care about making a difference and who can honor what Jenny created all those years ago.

Take the previous comments about the Management Seriously

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Pros

The pros were far and few between. But I will say the free coffee and the decent quality creamers were probably my best memory of this place. Oh yeah and the dijon mustard packs were great on sandwiches. Pay not bad. Benefits not great but not bad.

Cons

The management in the office I worked in did not appreciate the workers. I wish I had read these reviews before taking this position so if you are reading this please take these reviews seriously and REALLY reconsider whether this job is worth it. You will be worked very hard, get little support, and only hear the negative things you are doing. In the back room conversations know that the managers working with you are talking badly about you and then they will come out and smile and joke with you like they care and support you then turn around and talk behind your back and badmouth you. Probably one of the phoniest work environments I have ever had the misfortune of being exposed to. And let's talk about nepotism. We got nepotism at Jenny. Unqualified people get jobs and promotions because they know someone not because of what they have done there or previously accomplished. Put it all together and you would be wise to pass on JC. Look at the overall rating of this company and it's CEO especially from the long term employees who have been quitting in droves recently. The overall health of this company is not looking good. I surely hope the Stand Alone Centers are run differently and more immune to this toxic work environment. In final, the saddest part of this is the product itself is a great product which is proven effective and with the guidance of the hard working consultants a recipe for success to anyone who wants to safely and healthily lose weight.

Advice to Management

I will say my advice is to step aside and let people who really care run the company. You have a great product unfortunately you have created a horrible work environment where the ambassadors of your product are miserable because of you. If I could score you a no star below I would.

Women going through Menopause with poor attitudes.

Former Employee - Marketing in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Carlsbad, CA

Pros

The pro is that it is located in Carlsbad. Did I mention that its located in carlsbad? That's about it.

Cons

I've worked at a few different places, but this by far was the worst. Especially being managed by a slave labor equity group, they are just trying to cook the books for the next sucker.

Advice to Management

There really isn't any advice I can give because this is probably the best they will ever do and they are old.

8. Graphic Designer

Current Contractor - Designer in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Contractor - Designer in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig as a contractor

Pros

flexible work schedule, company store sells discounted Jenny food, diversity

Cons

the tools and technology are not as up to date as they could be. Need to use your own computer

Advice to Management

update systems

9. Jenny Craig Corporate Headquarters

Current Contractor - Graphic Designer in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Contractor - Graphic Designer in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome work environment. The facility is spacious, the people are great to work with, location can't be beat. Only 5 minutes away from the beach. I love it here. Great perks- occasional catered food, a workout gym with complimentary work out classes. Organized organization who doesn't stray from the soul of it's core values. The attitude here is just that- everyone is helpful all around.

Cons

No cons to review at this time.

Too many good people stuck in a bad situation

Current Employee - IT Department in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - IT Department in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are genuinely good people working at Jenny - they are the reason I stayed as long as I did.

Cons

Bad pay, long hours, no room for growth, gross mismanagement.

Advice to Management

Lighten up, let people have a little fun.

11. Amazing chance to make a difference.

Current Employee - Manager in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Seeing people transform and become the best version of themselves.

Cons

Lots of continuous change can make things feel unstable.

Advice to Management

Transparency is critical to gain trust.

RSS Feed </> Embed