Jenny Craig

www.jennycraig.com

Jenny Craig Reviews in Carlsbad, CA

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people change their lifestyles to achieve and maintain their weight loss goals (in 31 reviews)

• Great/Healthy way to lose weight when the program is followed (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care (in 24 reviews)

• Manipulative Market Directors, long hours without lunches and low pay (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights
24 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Amazing chance to make a difference.

Manager (Current Employee) Carlsbad, CA

ProsSeeing people transform and become the best version of themselves.

ConsLots of continuous change can make things feel unstable.

Advice to Senior ManagementTransparency is critical to gain trust.

Thank You - Finally!

Jenny Craig Home Office Employee (Current Employee) Carlsbad, CA

ProsHelping clients lose weight, co-workers and work location.

ConsLots of changes without the test of time, management doesn't listen to employees, HR practices that make no sense and bossy people. But I'm going to give the new management a chance to make things better.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for shedding the mean blonde duo at the top; they will not be missed and did not have the company's best interest in mind or any sense of professionalism, personal accountability or ethics. Talk about one covering for the other and then calling it legal - what a joke. We're in much better shape now. Nestle was fooled by them but thank goodness you weren't.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Not promising

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Carlsbad, CA

Prosgenerally have worked with great people, the company itself is fantastic, and really does help people lose weight and change their lives.

ConsChanges in senior leadership, & ownership have led to a very conflicted and intensely ambiguous work environment. Continual restructuring, and downsizing have increased the work-load for many, causing increased stress and decreased motivation.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Never again

Home Office (Former Employee) Carlsbad, CA

ProsGood benefits (401k, Health, Dental, Vision...).

ConsPoor management. Unnecessary bureaucracy saps all the soul out of the workers. Zero upward mobility. Zero pay raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's not positive reinforcement if it makes people stop helping you.

Employees highly undervalued, poor management and poor compensation

Weight Loss Consultant/Program Director (Former Employee) Carlsbad, CA

ProsSatisfaction of helping your clients lose weight and learning how to maintain a healthy lifestyle - not just diet. You really do change lives. Very rewarding.

Cons"Management" is a complete joke. Totally unprofessional, unqualified micro-managers with no skills or knowledge of proper management. They completely undervalue the hard work that their program directors and consultants put in - AND all for measly pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice is to mandate any center director, assistant center director, program director or supervisors to management classes and learn how to manage people. This includes both Jenny Craig at Home corporate and center employees. Their current methods often demotivate their teams and discourage a positive work environment. This will never prove successful for a sales driven workplace.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Downhill spiral

IT Department (Current Employee) Carlsbad, CA

ProsEasy job. Peers are good people.

ConsManagement. They don't know what they are doing, there is zero communication between departments. Topped with some departments being so understaffed nothing gets done right. IT managers are nice/fake, but they are a joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementNew CEO, hope change is for the better, not worse.
    Take a look at your managers, just because they have been there "forever" does not always make them right for the job.

Saw the company decline in the 5 years I worked for them.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Carlsbad, CA

ProsVery few. It was easy to get hired. I don't think I can come up with enough words to make the 20 word minimum.

ConsWhen I first began we had a passionate manager who was very team oriented. She had worked for Jenny Craig for 13years. Sadly the new person in charge didn't agree with her type of management and she was dismissed. From that day forward it went down hill. I have never worked for a company with a bigger turn over than Jenny Craig. The pay for other positions in our office was horrible and I never felt less valued. I had worked for a telecommunications company for 30 years so I was not new to customer service or employee relations. The entire management team were all yes men/women. And if you weren't you were quickly let go. Much of the work was done over the phones and I believe if the FCC was aware of what went on there they would have investigated. As long as you were bringing in $, if didn't matter how. Customer complaint were many and customer information was not protected as it should have been. I was shocked at least once a week at something I would see going on. I lasted 5 years but just couldn't continue. I resigned and have never regretted it for a minute. Very sketchy business practices. Employees are treated very poorly. I worked in the corporate headquarters.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management team wouldn't listen so I'll save my breath.

Politicking at its finest

IT Manager (Former Employee) Carlsbad, CA

ProsNestle Store (before they were sold). Ability to telecommute from home. Not more to add after the first two....

ConsMinimal support for continuous education. Senior managers threatened by some people who pursue other career opportunities that may end up skipping over their authority. Insensitive to family issues. Management HIGH on Power Trip. Creating an atmosphere of division in all teams. Lacks eagerness to allow individuals to improve themselves. Having no direction or clear strategy on what the company plans to do. People pretending to know their jobs when they clearly have no idea with what they are doing. Salary raises is an issue as managers will constantly give just enough of a rating on your performance reviews to give you little to no salary raise each year.

WATCH YOUR BACK!

Advice to Senior ManagementJust like most people suggesting things here on LinkedIn regarding JC: Have people with real world experience run the company. Stop patting yourselves in the back when clearly the company has not done much since getting acquired by Nestle. Listen to your employees. And do not threaten your people in case they feel like speaking against the norm.

Fun helping people!

At Home Consultant (Former Employee) Carlsbad, CA

ProsGreat hours for the location! I worked 5am-noon and could be on the beach by 1

ConsA lot of turn over

Good at first, but went downhill

≪ Former IT Employee≫ (Former Employee) Carlsbad, CA

ProsGood people. Good benefits package. Decent severance package.
    This was a very good place to work seven years ago, before the Nestle buy-out. (Casual dress was every day, for example.)

Cons(These comments apply to HQ.) Upper Management seems to be disconnected with employees, and doesn't seem to listen to input, although they say they do. (They removed the employee suggestion boxes years ago.) Current employment instability. Plus, pouring all resources into a software package that hasn't worked right in the 5 years it's been implemented.
    They have too many meetings to be able to get any real work done. (They may even have some meetings about whether they are having too many meetings.)
    Computer hardware is over 5 years old - too much money spent on bad software, not enough on good hardware.
    Laying off employees will not improve the software. (They just had another round of layoffs two days ago.) And laying off the key people for supporting the software certainly won't help, either.

Advice to Senior ManagementScrap the current software package. It will never work the way it was intended, due to the poor way it was originally coded. Put more energy into your people than your software. And listen to them. They know what works and what doesn't.

Worked for Jenny Craig? Contribute to the Community!