Jenny Craig

www.jennycraig.com

Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people change their lifestyles to achieve and maintain their weight loss goals(in 31 reviews)

• Great/Healthy way to lose weight when the program is followed(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care(in 24 reviews)

• Manipulative Market Directors, long hours without lunches and low pay(in 13 reviews)

Never again

Home Office (Former Employee) Carlsbad, CA

ProsGood benefits (401k, Health, Dental, Vision...).

ConsPoor management. Unnecessary bureaucracy saps all the soul out of the workers. Zero upward mobility. Zero pay raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's not positive reinforcement if it makes people stop helping you.

Info for Ft. Lauderdale consultant seeking more info for new compensation

Weight Loss Consultant (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsMaking good money but apparently not for long and I like helping clients reach their goal, flexible hours

ConsI have a friend who is in the DFW new compensation plan for jenny. Consultants who have been there less than 10 years got a hourly pay raise ranging from $2 to $4 an hour, anyone over 10 years got maybe about a $1 an hour raise. There is no wage increase once you hit the top hourly wage at 10 years.
     There is no more commission for anything apparently. The only way to make anymore than your hourly pay is if your center makes quota ( it goes up in 5% increments. Which means your market director sets your quota and that is not always set in a fair way for all centers ( so you could have a very high quota which is almost impossible to meet ) and if you have just one slacker in your center that could also sabotage your chances to get any quota bonus.
     I heard they also just rolled out a comeback bonus too. So unless you can get every client to come back every 2 weeks you lose again. That bonus is also on a sliding scale but also it is a center bonus again too.
     A couple of people could be doing all the work to make sure to get bonus's and other staff could do almost nothing and get the same bonus as those who work. Nothing is different for those in high volume centers and those centers who do less than half of a high volume revenue center. I understand that there is supposed to be one other area coming soon.
     I was also told that people are leaving because they can't count on these bonus's ( they are bonus's and have no guarantee you will get them ). Apparently these employees are having trouble being able to pay their bills. I think all this reduction in salary is because jenny has been losing money and now that they are going to be associated with Curves the new CEO wants to lower jenny employee wages to more like Curves lower wages. I am not looking forward to this when it hits me. They seem to think experience is not worth anything and neither is bringing lots of money into centers. You get paid apparently only for how long you have worked for jenny and that is only to 10 years employment -- not for how you perform !!!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementPay employees a fair wage for what they do

Don't believe the hype

Weight Loss Consultant (Current Employee) Brookfield, WI

Prosclients are great to work with

Constoo much pressure to over sell every client despite their needs. Focus isn't sincere on weight loss because there is no money in weight. The money is in the food. Buy food, buy food, buy food and you'll get rewarded as a consultant. Processed food that is not meant to consume long term. Kind of ironic that you push food on a person who is trying to lose weight. Your expected to call clients that upper management feel would buy more food. What a joke. Focus is totally on the wrong thing. Weight loss is why people come not to be pushed pre packaged food. No work life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the consultants that deal with clients and do all the work not centre directors that hide behind walls and listen into private consultations and judge by one conversation and how much that person spends not how much weight they lost. Reward should be in the weight loss for employees. People would refocus their goals and the business might turn around again.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Helping people to lose weight and be healthy nice...but not the push to sell, sell, and sell.

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGood working hours. Nice co-workers. Clients are great.

ConsLow Hourly Salary plus commission so there is the constant stress to meet your monthly quota or face possible discipline. Many old fashion ideas of how to treat their employees.

Could be a great place to work if only.......

ProsBeing able to help people be successful.

ConsNot enough staff to cover hours expected to be open

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to control turnover look at allowing enough staff to run the centre effectively

Does not care about employees, understaffed, erratic hours

Centre Director (Former Employee)

ProsRewarding position helping clients meet goals; discounts on food; program and stated values based on positive concepts that go beyond weight loss

ConsUnderstaffed and high employee turn over; told I had to cancel previously approved vacation time or would lose my job; stores began operating inconsistent hours, making it difficult to maintain customers; benefits were terrible; HR was unhelpful with many employee complaints

Unrealistic expectations

Program Director (Former Employee)

ProsWorking with clients throughout their weight lose journey

ConsEverything else about the company

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with respect

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Employees highly undervalued, poor management and poor compensation

Weight Loss Consultant/Program Director (Former Employee) Carlsbad, CA

ProsSatisfaction of helping your clients lose weight and learning how to maintain a healthy lifestyle - not just diet. You really do change lives. Very rewarding.

Cons"Management" is a complete joke. Totally unprofessional, unqualified micro-managers with no skills or knowledge of proper management. They completely undervalue the hard work that their program directors and consultants put in - AND all for measly pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice is to mandate any center director, assistant center director, program director or supervisors to management classes and learn how to manage people. This includes both Jenny Craig at Home corporate and center employees. Their current methods often demotivate their teams and discourage a positive work environment. This will never prove successful for a sales driven workplace.

New compensation plan?

Consultant (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsI have many clients and sell lots of food therefore I make a good salary at this time at Jenny Craig. Can somebody who is piloting the new compensation plan tell me specifically how it works? What is the base salary what is it based on what is the bonus structure

ConsNot knowing what the plan is

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more specific with your employees and more informative about the company changes

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

does not care about employees

Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee)

Prosmeeting new people that need help

Conspay and respect for their employees

Advice to Senior Managementhire better management

Worked for Jenny Craig? Contribute to the Community!