Jenny Craig

www.jennycraig.com

Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people change their lifestyles to achieve and maintain their weight loss goals(in 31 reviews)

• Great/Healthy way to lose weight when the program is followed(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care(in 24 reviews)

• Manipulative Market Directors, long hours without lunches and low pay(in 13 reviews)

One of the most dysfunctional organizations I have ever worked for.

Consultant (Current Employee) Dale City, VA

ProsHelping our clients meet their weight loss goals to lead healthier lives.

ConsSalary is low, commissions are based on your food and product sales. In a bad economy paychecks will barely pay bills. Constant push to sell sell sell, with no compassion for clients that are also trying to make ends meet and still try to loose weight.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe realistic with goals and center quotas. When they are set to a unreasonable level don't blame your employees they are doing the best they can in most cases.

I love my job and my coworkers.....salary unlivable!

Weight Loss Consultant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsHelping people achieve their weight loss goals. I work with a great team of people. Pleasant working environment. Helping people brings me great satisfaction

ConsPoor salary. Commission structure. The company is not doing well. I am the highest biller in my center and yet over the last 2 years I have made less money. Because the phones aren't ringing as they used too. All of my coworkers are wore worried about paying their bills (as I am). People are resigning left and right. I am trying to be hopeful that a change will come, but in am worried. I may too have to look elsewhere for employment.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter marketing. Get us a great spokesperson! Stop retiring popular foods. Many of our clients are purchasing lean cuisines for more variety and cheaper costs. Lean cuisine is also made by Nestles, our parent company. Offer shakes and bars as meals on the go for our clients.

Weight Loss Consultant

Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsHelping people change their lifestyles to achieve and maintain their weight loss goals.

ConsAdvancement difficult due to small organization.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Center Director

Center Director (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsHelping people reach their wight loss goals.
    Working with like minded people.
    Coaching your team.

Consworking retail hours and a lot especially if you are a center manager "Center Director"

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe that working on commission is the wrong approach for a team work environment, especially since the base pay is minimum wage. You can update that along with everything else.

Helping people attain their weight loss goals

ProsBe a part of clients success. Being part of their transformation into being healthier more confident individuals

Conspay is not always consistent month to month

Program Director

Program Director (Former Employee)

ProsGood hours and freedom, low stress, helps to keep you fit
    Would recommend job to someone who is retired and just wants some extra money or a parent who is looking for a job for extra money but not main bread winner of home.

ConsLow pay, no rules for old clients to keep getting free/low cost programs over and over which is where your commission comes from

Advice to Senior ManagementMake rules for clients for long term programs to make clients more accountable for their weight loss and give program directors a chance to hit budgets and maintain clients

If you are smart you will move on to the next job, trust me it will be better

Centre Director (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsGet to help clients lose weight and achieve their goals!!!

ConsBad management upper and lower, Market Directors are bullies, some Centre Directors act like they are in high school talking behind your back and can be fake, lots of broken promises, poor pay, and the CEO will promote her friends over qualified employees. This company needs a new computer system, they need to get with the times I mean no internet in the centres to email clients and vise versa? Hello??? You do with the at home program and since this company is all about making money I would think they would want this. I have seen so many great employees leave because of poor management and favoritism...I guess that is why this company has gone down so much since Nestle took over. Nestle wake up!!! Maybe you should listen to the people on the front lines or those who left instead of kiss butt upper management.

So unless you like Butt Kissing pretty much everyone and enjoy being lied to by upper management, (oh and they will move you around with promises of promotions which is complete BS) then hey apply

Advice to Senior ManagementChange things....you have old school kiss butt management who tell you what you want to hear and where has that gotten you? Closing Centres and losing business......listen to the employees on the front lines not the CEO's best buddies. Wake up Nestle because you are going to see a company keep going down. Come on Dana do something great stop with the same BS that your upper management and field management keeps giving you and your employees.

Life changing for the better

Weight Loss Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsGreat environment

Exceptional staff

Amazing motivation from all people working there

ConsOpen on the weekends

Staff of 5 has to manage being open all week and it leaves little room for taking off and having vacation or free time

life changing job

Jenny Craig Consultant (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

Pros- great team
    -flexible hours
    - meet amazing people

Cons- working on holidays
    - not much

Advice to Senior Managementgive employees more holidays.

Under payed and demanding

Program Consultant (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

Prosyou love what you do

Consupper management listen to field employees --
    if your centre management cant afford things , theres a problem

Advice to Senior Managementbetter compensated employees are more motivated

Worked for Jenny Craig? Contribute to the Community!