Jenny Craig

www.jennycraig.com

Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people change their lifestyles to achieve and maintain their weight loss goals (in 31 reviews)

• Great/Healthy way to lose weight when the program is followed (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care (in 24 reviews)

• Manipulative Market Directors, long hours without lunches and low pay (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing chance to make a difference.

Manager (Current Employee) Carlsbad, CA

ProsSeeing people transform and become the best version of themselves.

ConsLots of continuous change can make things feel unstable.

Advice to Senior ManagementTransparency is critical to gain trust.

Jenny Craig, great if starting off in sales and customer service

Jenny Craig Consultant (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsJenny Craig is a great company if you are starting off in sales and customer service.

The very best thing about this job is the relationships built with clients. I loved working with them week to week and helping them meet their goals. It is personally rewarding to help someone do something they have been trying to do for a long time.

Also office dynamics can be very good depending on the co-workers in your center.

ConsFinding coverage when needing time off was very difficult.

The pay was not great. The raise offered at the yearly review was pitiful.

The insurance benefits offered by Jenny Craig are not good.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer better benefits and pay.

Have floats for various positions to help with coverage when employees need time off.

Great for Clients, Bad for Employees

Program Consultant (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsHelping people reach their goals and change their unhealthy dieting habits. Clients rely heavily on the advice shared by consultants, which makes us feel golden.

ConsThe pay is pretty low. There are no perks, no recognition and no room for growth,

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should treat your consultants better, with better pay & recognition, especially since you claim they are the secret ingredient to the program!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If they don't make some major changes, the company won't be around much longer.

Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsBuild lasting relationships with clients and motivate them to improve their health.

ConsCompensation is very low. Commission based on food sold but with all the new meal plan businesses offering higher quality / organic food, many clients choose to supplement JC meals with others and that takes a huge bite out of your paycheck. Good luck convincing your clients that processed, frozen foods with ingredients like high fructose corn syrup are a better choice!
    Management treats employees very poorly. There is very little flexibility and benefits are slim to none. Expect to work weekends, evenings, and holidays.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-invent food offerings to match the needs and trends of today's health-conscious

Good place to start your business career, but don't expect much mobility

Center Director (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsThis place has a very friendly atmosphere and the clients are fantastic. It is amazing to watch clients go through a life-changing transformation.

ConsTraining is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care. They are focused more on hitting quotas and retaining clients than actually creating a healthy work environment. Salary is not great at all, and if you hate being put on the spot in front of everyone in a training/sales scenario, this is not the place for you. Calling you out in meetings is the crux of how they train sales with employees. I personally feel that humiliation is often the result and do not pursue this practice as a manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay and benefits are rather sad in this company. If you increased pay and benefits, you would ultimately experience a lower turn-over rate. You would also have more driven employees. Also, training for sales and calls should be an individual training event between a manager and subordinate. Stop with the round-robins and group displays. It's not a productive practice and often alienates those that struggle instead of giving personal training and counseling in their weaker areas.

Thank You - Finally!

Jenny Craig Home Office Employee (Current Employee) Carlsbad, CA

ProsHelping clients lose weight, co-workers and work location.

ConsLots of changes without the test of time, management doesn't listen to employees, HR practices that make no sense and bossy people. But I'm going to give the new management a chance to make things better.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for shedding the mean blonde duo at the top; they will not be missed and did not have the company's best interest in mind or any sense of professionalism, personal accountability or ethics. Talk about one covering for the other and then calling it legal - what a joke. We're in much better shape now. Nestle was fooled by them but thank goodness you weren't.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Emotionally Rewarding

Centre Director (Current Employee)

ProsThe program works! Becoming a cohesive weight loss program.

ConsUpper Management has no concept of employee engagement. There is not enough focus on celebrating the consultants (the core of the business). Time to increase wages and celebrate the hard work of this position.

Advice to Senior ManagementTime to increase wages and celebrate the hard work of this position.

An OK company

Weight Loss Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Pros30hrs is full time, discount on food

ConsScheduling can be tough with split shifts being very common. Management is often terrible within this company. Hard to advance

Worthy and challenging.

ProsRewarding service and support to help clients and staff experience personal success.

ConsNumerable change of corporate ownership since Jenny and Sid Craig started program. Some values changed or lost.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop losing great employees...create realistic salary ranges that reflect performance and skills.

These are the last days of this company.

ProsMeeting awesome people that have now become friends. Helping clients reach their goals. Working with great co-workers. Half off food.

ConsThis company is a joke. I don't see it lasting through the end of 2015. The salary is absolutely ridiculous and quite embarrassing. There are no incentives. Being a consultant for this company is like working in a modern day sweat shop. They hire almost anyone to be a manager and most have no clue what it's actually like to be in the role of a consultant. Most consultants don't last very long and their clients leave with them. If you have responsibilities and really need money, this is not the job for you. Trust me when I say you don't make money on this job. It feels like a waste of time whenever I'm in the center working. Don't let a center manager or market director fool you in your interview about the "great commission". That doesn't exist. You know a company is horrible when you struggle to compose a 20 word minimum on the pros of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe consultants make or break your business. The high turnover is a result of the poor salary. When a consultant leaves a center clients leave also. Many people don't even know that this company exists. I'm not sure what type of marketing team this company has, but it's terrible. Treat your employees better and you will see a difference in your numbers. I'm being pennies per hour, what makes you really think I'm going to come into the office and do RTA calls for hours? That's not happening. Give your employees incentives to work and they won't leave. Hire center directors that actually have been through the consultant position.

Worked for Jenny Craig? Contribute to the Community!