Jenny Craig

Updated December 20, 2014
Updated December 20, 2014
2.2

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people to reach their goals is a wonderful experience (in 45 reviews)

• All employees receive a good opportunity to lose weight on the Jenny Craig program (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care (in 27 reviews)

• Our center director doesn't really motivate us just wants to be our friend more (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Great experience, but the windows of opportunity are closing.

Former Employee - Center Director in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Center Director in Austin, TX

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working with the clients is a fantastic experience. Sales are very easy and there is not too much pressure. Very easy to work your way to Center Director if you are driven and want it. I was a Center Director within 8 months of starting.

Cons

Pay is horribly low. The company is not doing incredibly well, so the opportunity for further promotions has become almost non-existent. If you are a guy, it can be a challenging work environment.

Its a joy to love what you do.

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Passionate about my career.
    It is powerful to work in a female dominated career path.
    I value the experience of working at Jenny.

Cons

Work/life balance is a challenge.
    Salary & benefits is an issue.

Honor the employees in the field. Our whole business is a direct reflection of our consultants and they do not feel that.

Great experience, awesome clientele, terrible pay.

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love my job for the people, I've gotten close to so many of my clients and really love to see them succeed each week.

Cons

No flexibility in scheduling, very little ability to take time off and extremely low pay.

The consultants are what makes the Jenny Craig experience work for clients, pay them what they are worth so that there isn't so much turn around.

Management is trying to make changes, but is it enough

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love helping my clients and my co-workers are great. We get a discount on food and I have benefits. I think the new comp plan could be good but we have to see it.

Cons

Schedules are not regular and I have to work weekends. My manager is constantly stressed out. The training we have is remedial and does not help me. We barely see the market manager here and she really doesn't even know us or what is happening in our centre. It pays like a retail job (maybe a little higher if we make our bonuses).

Update and change the program so clients have a new reason to come to us. What worked 25 years ago needs to be freshened up in 2015! Get managers more training and get senior managers to be here more so they understand what we go throgh everyday.

Program Sales

I worked at Jenny Craig

Pros

Fast paced, awesome training, positive environment

Cons

Salary could be better, but over all good company

I loved my direct boss

Current Employee - Centre Director
    Current Employee - Centre Director

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Helping people is great and it was always challenging. The skills learned in the weight loss industry are transferable almost anywhere.

Cons

The pay was truly insulting. Way below the industry standard and I was a top performer who constantly met quota and fiscal goals. The more the company struggled the more we had to cut employee hours and increase our own for coverage purposes. In my last 6 months I was working 6 days a week and open to close for most of them. I like hard work but if you divided my salary by hours worked I'm pretty sure it came out to minimum wage. We even had to work on the 4th of July and other holidays. It was exhausting.

Practice employee engagement and don't just preach it.

Opportunity for Advancement

Former Employee - Client Service Coordinator in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Client Service Coordinator in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There were plenty of opportunities for advancement. I began at the bottom as a service coordinator which essentially just stocked the dried goods, put in inventory and made calls to clients to remind them of their appointments and what not. They offered me an opportunity to do training to become a consultant within just a few months working but I was in school. Flexible hours, pay was competitive enough.

Cons

Budgets can be tight around holidays and downturns in the economy - first thing to go in peoples budget is their weight loss plan.

Keep rewarding the hard workers.

I like working for the company. They have great values and I'm always learning something valuable.

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Kent, WA
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Kent, WA

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Moral of the company, I like what I do.

Cons

The scheduling could use some work

Graphic Designer

Current Employee - Designer in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Designer in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig as a contractor

Pros

flexible work schedule, company store sells discounted Jenny food, diversity

Cons

the tools and technology are not as up to date as they could be. Need to use your own computer

update systems

Company treats their employees like "CRAP"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at Jenny Craig

Pros

Helping client who are struggling with their weight!

Cons

This company SUCKS.....I was a Consultant 10 years and I stayed because my heart was sympathetic to helping people. The base salary was horrible and you maybe got a .2cent pay raise every couple years. Management truly does not care about their employees (especially the consultants), who pay the salary of the fat cats in corporate. We had no voice and were NEVER appreciated or valued as an employee. It was like working in a sweat shop in a 3rd world country. No one and I mean No one ever listened to suggestions or recommendations we heard as consultants directly from our clients. They did NOT care or give a Damn.....all they cared about was making quota to fill the pockets of the fat cats in corporate.

Why would I give advice to Management when they have deaf ears....YOU NEVER HAVE AND NEVER WILL CARE ABOUT YOUR EMPLOYEES!

Jenny Craig Photos