Jenny Craig

Updated January 22, 2015
Updated January 22, 2015
2.3

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people to reach their goals is a wonderful experience (in 45 reviews)

• All employees receive a good opportunity to lose weight on the Jenny Craig program (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care (in 27 reviews)

• Our center director doesn't really motivate us just wants to be our friend more (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Program Director

Former Employee - Program Director in Nashua, NH
    Former Employee - Program Director in Nashua, NH

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than a year)

Pros

*Good hours *Good benefits *Travel is at a minimum *Free membership for life (lifetime member) *Great work environment *Discount on food for employees

Cons

*Pay does not commensurate with experience *Job requires "homework" - salaried workers *Unreasonable -unreachable- goals/expectations * *Lacking in benefits
    Not much in the way of negative feedback.

The Bright Side of Jenny Craig - Helping People Lose Weight!

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Katy, TX
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Katy, TX

I have been working at Jenny Craig

Pros

The interaction with the clients as they get excited with their weight loss success.

Cons

Having enough time to spend with each client, without rushing to get to the next scheduled appointment.

More compensation on the food sales, since it is so vital to their success that they eat our products & not cook on their own.

Great place to grow

Former Employee - Center Director in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Center Director in Boston, MA

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-Great sales training
    -Helping people improve their lives
    -Positive energy
    -Company discounts
    -Sales contests (I am very competitive!)
    -Generous vacation/PTO allotment

Cons

-Long working hours (evenings and weekends are mandatory)
    -Pressure to meet fiscal goals
    -It made me obsessed with food and calories. Not an eating disorder or anything, just very neurotic about food.

Experience depends on location

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Helping people every day to achieve their weight loss goals. It's extremely rewarding to be a part of helping and seeing someone change their life for the better. Growing with the company is extremely supported

Cons

Depending on where your location is the clients can be a nightmare (rude, demanding, unwilling to follow program.) The company is not doing well at this time so there is a lot of pressure to increase business, however, higher level not contributing.

If you want to value consultants and hire top notch employees, then you need to pay them for it. Most employees aren't paid a living wage with the commission taken away.

Great experience, but the windows of opportunity are closing.

Former Employee - Center Director in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Center Director in Austin, TX

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working with the clients is a fantastic experience. Sales are very easy and there is not too much pressure. Very easy to work your way to Center Director if you are driven and want it. I was a Center Director within 8 months of starting.

Cons

Pay is horribly low. The company is not doing incredibly well, so the opportunity for further promotions has become almost non-existent. If you are a guy, it can be a challenging work environment.

good experience.

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Omaha, NE

I worked at Jenny Craig

Pros

Flexible work hours, depending on your schedule.

Cons

No benefits and hardly any vacation time.

Management is trying to make changes, but is it enough

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love helping my clients and my co-workers are great. We get a discount on food and I have benefits. I think the new comp plan could be good but we have to see it.

Cons

Schedules are not regular and I have to work weekends. My manager is constantly stressed out. The training we have is remedial and does not help me. We barely see the market manager here and she really doesn't even know us or what is happening in our centre. It pays like a retail job (maybe a little higher if we make our bonuses).

Update and change the program so clients have a new reason to come to us. What worked 25 years ago needs to be freshened up in 2015! Get managers more training and get senior managers to be here more so they understand what we go throgh everyday.

Its a joy to love what you do.

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Passionate about my career.
    It is powerful to work in a female dominated career path.
    I value the experience of working at Jenny.

Cons

Work/life balance is a challenge.
    Salary & benefits is an issue.

Honor the employees in the field. Our whole business is a direct reflection of our consultants and they do not feel that.

Great experience, awesome clientele, terrible pay.

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I love my job for the people, I've gotten close to so many of my clients and really love to see them succeed each week.

Cons

No flexibility in scheduling, very little ability to take time off and extremely low pay.

The consultants are what makes the Jenny Craig experience work for clients, pay them what they are worth so that there isn't so much turn around.

Now jenny gets less quality of work from employees by cutting pay

Former Employee - Program Consultant
    Former Employee - Program Consultant

I worked at Jenny Craig

Pros

working with clients
    working (sometimes) with great staff
    center directors willing to work to make schedule to work for you
    never had trouble taking PTO

Cons

I worked for jenny for 20 years as a consultant and when my hourly wage was increased by $1.00 per hour, all commissions taken away, and was told quota bonus's would make up the difference with commissions --- I knew they were lying -- yes they lied. With the new hourly wage -- other consultants who had been with the company for 10 years got $3-4 hourly increase and I got the $1 -- that gave me the highest dollar per hour allowable. My center got some sort of quota bonus only 4 times in 1 year -- not enough to live on!!!! My total salary went down 49% year over year. I have been a top producer every year with jenny.

I have noticed that consultants, center directors, all staff -- no one works as hard or goes out of their way to do extra because there is NO reward. When your salary is cut anywhere from 30%-50% a year -- most feel like there is NO appreciation from corporate. Just wonder how they would have liked their pay cut 30%-50% -- maybe then they would have some understanding. Jenny has been losing money !! It is going to be hard to get quality, smart, and reliable employees if salaries are not raised. I think jenny is getting what they are paying for -- retail sales of food. When I complained about new salary that's what I was told -- you are selling retail -- like selling shoes !!

Jenny Craig Photos