Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated October 14, 2014
Updated October 14, 2014
2.2

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people to reach their goals is a wonderful experience (in 41 reviews)

• All employees receive a good opportunity to lose weight on the Jenny Craig program (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care (in 27 reviews)

• Manipulative Market Directors, long hours without lunches and low pay (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Great job because you get to really help change clients lives

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Central Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Central Valley, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Love helping clients feel better and get healthier. Its very rewarding

Cons

I shake my head as to the reasons behind why they hire some of the managers. In my opinion they aren't always the most qualified. I feel they are the most well liked but that doesn't make the best managers. Our center director doesn't really motivate us just wants to be our friend more.

Know what your center directors are doing in their centers. Sometimes its the staff who are really the driving force. Sincerely ask staff how their center director is doing. My cd is running a business on the side out of her office and boyfriend & family calls 3-4 times daily. We are selfmotivating that's the reason why our center is doing well. Not due to the cds input.

Fulfilling yet frustrating

Current Employee - Center Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Center Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Jenny Craig

Pros

It's fulfilling to help people get healthy but frustrating because of the disconnect of corporate leadership and the reality of what clients really need.

Cons

High fod prices that make it hard for clients to stay on plan. A corporate leadership team who don't seem to know how to turn the company around.

Listen to your field personnel and put into place some of the ideas they share. They are your frontline people who deal with clients and know their needs.

Ups and downs

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Helping people reach their goals

Cons

Constant change and confusion with offers and education

Let the field employees make the decisions on change.

Jenny Craig Corporate Headquarters

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Awesome work environment. The facility is spacious, the people are great to work with, location can't be beat. Only 5 minutes away from the beach. I love it here. Great perks- occasional catered food, a workout gym with complimentary work out classes. Organized organization who doesn't stray from the soul of it's core values. The attitude here is just that- everyone is helpful all around.

Cons

No cons to review at this time.

Down Hill

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Helping people lose weight/feel better about themselves. Working there for over five years has really strengthened my knowledge of proper nutrition and weight loss. I have also become a therapist without meaning to. Too bad it was without therapist pay.

Cons

Company has been going downhill for a long time. They waste money on printing nonsense marketing tools that we end up trashing. They should give that money to the employees. Business is VERY slow. Now they have given us an hourly wage with no commission and then... they cut hours! So much for giving us a wage we can live on! Wow! Thanks Jenny!

Don't know what to say at this point. It's just too late.

Is everyone here for the right reasons?

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Miami, FL

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working with the clients is the best part of the job. Lots of satisfaction there. You're helping people everyday to reach their health goals.

Cons

Very few managers are good at managing and training. A lot of employees including management are Prima donnas especially the ones who have been with the company for 5+ years. Compensation is terrible. New compensation package doesn't show any appreciation for consultants. Upper management rarely keeps anyone informed about changes. The center directors and consultants get the whiplash effect of whatever upper management does. Many people are leaving and/or looking for new jobs because of how ridiculous the expectations are between keeping clients active and motivated , and keeping the center deposit high. If you wanna make money now you have to work ridiculous hours and that's IF your center can afford to have u working full time hours.

Consider your consultants! They are the ones keeping your clients in the centers. Not upper management and rarely center directors.

Nice job.... if only the pay was better

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Love helping people on their weight loss journey. Very rewarding in that respect. Great co-workers. Hours can be flexible

Cons

new pay structure puts a cap on earning potential. It is not a livable salary. Company does not value their hard working employees.

Seems like you guys are trying to bail from a sinking ship. Unfortunately you're throwing you're employees overboard so you can stay a float. Doesn't work that way. Wake up

Great overall environment and co-workers...low pay

Former Employee - Program Director
    Former Employee - Program Director

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Helping people lose weight & get healthy , coworkers were great

Cons

Low pay, upper management - interesting

Increase pay & listen to your employees

Working in my centre is wonderful, but working under the corporate management is a nightmare.

Current Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love getting to know the clients, and celebrating their successes with them. My coworkers are also some of the most amazing people I've ever had the opportunity to work with. My job is pretty much to facilitate everyone else's jobs, which I like because it means I get to help people help people! What can be better than that?

Cons

Every time I hear something from corporate, or from an operations manager, or from any other manager, it always gives me a terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. Emails from higher-ups are insulting, either because they are actually flat-out insulting everyone in the centre, or because they are assuming that everyone in the centre is braindead. All of the actually important information in any corporate communication gets drowned out by pages and pages of noninformation, to the point where my coworkers actually started asking me to write single-page breakdowns that we started calling "cheat sheets". I also had to keep an updated list of all of the new and ongoing promotions, along with their associated product and discount codes, because we were only ever given the codes for each promotion as they came up; there was no single reference for all of the current codes. Our centre's director has been largely absent ever since she took on the title; I can probably count on one hand the number of times that I have seen her in the centre. While this means that our centre is often completely out of such trivialities as sellable products, printer ink, and toilet paper, her presence only creates a more stressful work environment. She is constantly telling me that my job is unnecessary, and if I ask her for any information, her answer is that it's "none of my concern". She's worse on the phone, though: one time I had to call her to ask her what to do about a $300 discrepancy in inventory, and she yelled at me over the phone, asking me how I dared to call her on what I hadn't known was her day off; I was literally in tears by the time she hung up on me. Our previous centre directors weren't much better, causing my coworkers to wonder why Jenny Craig seems to only promote the power-hungry. The pay structure has recently changed for the worse, too: when I was hired more than a year ago, I was told that I would start at $10/hour, and would have a pay evaluation once a year. My one-year anniversary came right after the pay structure changed in a way that eliminated pay evaluations, as well as pay raises for Customer Service Coordinators. (Well, it *might* have. When I asked my centre director if I was getting a pay raise after working there for a year, she said she didn't know if CSC's got pay raises anymore, so she wasn't going to give me one.) Quota bonuses have also gone down significantly: the only way to get a quota bonus equal to the previous one is to exceed quota by more than 125%; every other bonus is up to almost 30% less than it used to be. (Yes, I did the math.) When the centre director decided to cut my hours back to 1/3 of what they were, I was given less than 12 hours notice of the change before it went into effect; when she laid me off the very next week, I was given less than a week's notice. When I asked if I could stay employed if I trained as a consultant, since one of our consultants is retiring at the end of the month, the centre director said that she was trying to preserve the other consultants' jobs, first, so she was going to ask a consultant from another centre to replace the one retiring at ours. I guess she couldn't help telling me I was worthless to her, just one last time.

APPRECIATE YOUR EMPLOYEES. Seriously, I could have happily worked through anything you threw at me, if you just gave me one tiny reason to think that the effort was appreciated. My coworkers were great about supporting each other, but not once was there ever a hint of anything similar from those higher up. In fact, it was whenever we heard from management that we often needed to support each other the most. So yeah, appreciate your employees, at least enough to trust them when they tell you that the centre is almost out of toilet paper.

Great people to work with but company is slowly crumbling!!

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

I love the people I work with. Advancement opportunities are available. Pay is better if you work at the corporate office. Company store with okay prices and discounts on Jenny Craig food.

Cons

Hardly any employee perks. Company seems lost and the employee morale is very low. A lot of layoffs recently and there are a lot of current employees that are looking to leave the company. Not innovative! Training sucks!!!! Please create better material!!!

Stop trying to manage multiple projects. Focus on one thing at a time and find a better way to communicate with your employees, especially with the field staff. Boost employee morale!!! Show your employees you care about them.

Jenny Craig Photos