Jenny Craig

www.jennycraig.com

Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people change their lifestyles to achieve and maintain their weight loss goals(in 31 reviews)

• Great/Healthy way to lose weight when the program is followed(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care(in 24 reviews)

• Manipulative Market Directors, long hours without lunches and low pay(in 13 reviews)

These are the last days of this company.

ProsMeeting awesome people that have now become friends. Helping clients reach their goals. Working with great co-workers. Half off food.

ConsThis company is a joke. I don't see it lasting through the end of 2015. The salary is absolutely ridiculous and quite embarrassing. There are no incentives. Being a consultant for this company is like working in a modern day sweat shop. They hire almost anyone to be a manager and most have no clue what it's actually like to be in the role of a consultant. Most consultants don't last very long and their clients leave with them. If you have responsibilities and really need money, this is not the job for you. Trust me when I say you don't make money on this job. It feels like a waste of time whenever I'm in the center working. Don't let a center manager or market director fool you in your interview about the "great commission". That doesn't exist. You know a company is horrible when you struggle to compose a 20 word minimum on the pros of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe consultants make or break your business. The high turnover is a result of the poor salary. When a consultant leaves a center clients leave also. Many people don't even know that this company exists. I'm not sure what type of marketing team this company has, but it's terrible. Treat your employees better and you will see a difference in your numbers. I'm being pennies per hour, what makes you really think I'm going to come into the office and do RTA calls for hours? That's not happening. Give your employees incentives to work and they won't leave. Hire center directors that actually have been through the consultant position.

Terrible Place to Work

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)

ProsNONE- this is the worst place I ever worked

ConsMean Girls Club- women who know nothing about business running it into the ground

Advice to Senior ManagementFire anyone who has worked there for more than 10 years in upper management

Program Director/Consultant

Program Consultant (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsI loved working with the clients. It was an incredible experiece and honor to be so intimately involved in someone's life long struggles and challenges. You really can make a huge difference in someone's life just by caring enough to listen and acknowedge their story.

ConsJenny Craig as a company is one of the most poorly run and mismanaged company I have ever worked for so far. They do not respect their employee's at all, the pay is only minimum wage or slightly above but I will say that their medical/dental benefits were pretty good. No dought, because Jenny Craig is owned by Nestle' Corporation.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf management would treat their employees' with some respect and pay them what they are worth, they would probably attract more loyal employees that would be willing to give 110%.....what a concept!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Marketing Department is a Cluster, IT Department is Outdated

Marketing Position (Former Employee)

ProsHealth Insurance Benefits are always a great pro at any company.

ConsThe marketing department is essentially a comedy of errors. Flakes and slackers producing uninspired work put-out that is coasting on old, tired procedures, campaigns and processes. The digital marketing group especially has seen turnover something fierce - and not because of the layoffs, but from people being flat-out fired. The IT department is run by people who do not know their technology, especially leadership at the service management level. We all have wondered why the lay-offs have not reeled in certain folks. It is no wonder the company was sold off for a song.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerhaps remove those who have done nothing to remain abreast in their fields - especially those in the IT department. Marketing should crack the core clique at the leadership level and bring in new talent.

Getting worse every day. Company is destined to fail.

Weight Loss Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsFellow employees are good people with a desire to do good work.
    Majority of clients are pleasant and looking for help.

ConsToo many challenges to mention. Here are a few: ridiculously low pay now that the compensation is being changed. Company is desperate and in denial about it's image in the marketplace. Technology is a joke. No resources which could help employees do their jobs. Managers are clueless and their bosses are scared for their own jobs. No room for any kind of growth even if employees want to stay with the company. No actual skills needed to get hired- they're just looking for bodies. Expectations are high and stress is constant.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart over. The only way to save this company is to realize that the employees are salespeople, and need to be compensated as such. Bring it into the current century. Try caring.

Never AGAIN

Weight Loss Consultant (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsDiscounted food, good coworkers, not difficult

ConsWorked alone most of the time, low wages, mean boss

JENNY CRAIG IS A SCAM!

Weight Loss Consultant (Current Employee) Palatine, IL

ProsMy co-workers are very nice. The clients are also very nice but don't even realize that the food is way too expensive and the diet is unrealistic unless you want to stay on it forever.

ConsThe hours are constantly getting cut and the management is terrible If you don't kiss up to them and play their game, they will belittle you. They're very unprofessional and only care about making quota. Forget trying to make a living because the pay is an absolute joke. There's no money to be made there.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet over yourselves. Your monthly meetings are ridiculous and a waste of time. You show up in every center and put everyone on edge and tell us your expectations. When you leave, we laugh at you. You expect sooo much and pay NOTHING.

Hidden Agendas

Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsI would say the location and the helping folks are the only thing you will get out of this company....

ConsIt is a marketing and sales company and hides the fact that because they recently diminished staff some centers are relegated to doing duties that cleaners and stock personnel would do...the pay is low and depending on the mindset of your coworkers their is constant bickering and back biting going on when it comes to listing and getting clients...a real nightmare

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and train your workers for professionalism not sales quota. pitches and bonous...this is sad

Never again

Home Office (Former Employee) Carlsbad, CA

ProsGood benefits (401k, Health, Dental, Vision...).

ConsPoor management. Unnecessary bureaucracy saps all the soul out of the workers. Zero upward mobility. Zero pay raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's not positive reinforcement if it makes people stop helping you.

Info for Ft. Lauderdale consultant seeking more info for new compensation

Weight Loss Consultant (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsMaking good money but apparently not for long and I like helping clients reach their goal, flexible hours

ConsI have a friend who is in the DFW new compensation plan for jenny. Consultants who have been there less than 10 years got a hourly pay raise ranging from $2 to $4 an hour, anyone over 10 years got maybe about a $1 an hour raise. There is no wage increase once you hit the top hourly wage at 10 years.
     There is no more commission for anything apparently. The only way to make anymore than your hourly pay is if your center makes quota ( it goes up in 5% increments. Which means your market director sets your quota and that is not always set in a fair way for all centers ( so you could have a very high quota which is almost impossible to meet ) and if you have just one slacker in your center that could also sabotage your chances to get any quota bonus.
     I heard they also just rolled out a comeback bonus too. So unless you can get every client to come back every 2 weeks you lose again. That bonus is also on a sliding scale but also it is a center bonus again too.
     A couple of people could be doing all the work to make sure to get bonus's and other staff could do almost nothing and get the same bonus as those who work. Nothing is different for those in high volume centers and those centers who do less than half of a high volume revenue center. I understand that there is supposed to be one other area coming soon.
     I was also told that people are leaving because they can't count on these bonus's ( they are bonus's and have no guarantee you will get them ). Apparently these employees are having trouble being able to pay their bills. I think all this reduction in salary is because jenny has been losing money and now that they are going to be associated with Curves the new CEO wants to lower jenny employee wages to more like Curves lower wages. I am not looking forward to this when it hits me. They seem to think experience is not worth anything and neither is bringing lots of money into centers. You get paid apparently only for how long you have worked for jenny and that is only to 10 years employment -- not for how you perform !!!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementPay employees a fair wage for what they do

Worked for Jenny Craig? Contribute to the Community!