Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated August 28, 2014
Updated August 28, 2014

2.2

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people change their lifestyles to achieve and maintain their weight loss goals (in 31 reviews)

• Great/Healthy way to lose weight when the program is followed (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care (in 24 reviews)

• Manipulative Market Directors, long hours without lunches and low pay (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Terrible Work Culture

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There is nothing they offer that's worth the crap they put you through.

Cons

They have so many meetings that eat up 60% of your day and then the managers get upset when nothing gets done. The bureaucracy and countless forms pretty much make sure that you hide issues instead of fixing them. There is zero customer service and you're graded on quotas and numbers instead of your actual job performance. Lord forbid you make a mistake.

Felt this was my calling away to help other's. Finished up disappointed and sad

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Building relationships with the clients to help them with there weight loss journey . Seeing life's changing , working with a great team of consultants and made long life friends

Cons

Bad pay, Bad management, bullying and harassment by in house management, hours been cut no support from HR or UPPER MANAGEMENT, resulted in my resignation after working with jenny for a long time and loved my job and clients

Train your centre CL on how to treat staff , teach them not to single out some employees which is a act of discrimination, Teach them to train and support in team meetings . Bring back the CARE FACTOR

Awful

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

There is nothing good. This employer is rude! Never again will I work or refer people.

Cons

The pay sucks. Always changing and restructuring. No help from senior management. Can't wait to leave.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I felt pressured to promote poor body imagining.

Former Employee - Program Director  in  Brookfield, WI
    Former Employee - Program Director in Brookfield, WI

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for less than a year

Pros

I enjoyed talking with the sales consultants and helping clients with changing their lifestyle to a heathier alternative.

Cons

The pressure to meet goals and the comparison to other locations was extremely stressful.

I felt management should have been focus not just on sales but on retaining clients and improving customer service.

These are the last days of this company.

I have been working at Jenny Craig

Pros

Meeting awesome people that have now become friends. Helping clients reach their goals. Working with great co-workers. Half off food.

Cons

This company is a joke. I don't see it lasting through the end of 2015. The salary is absolutely ridiculous and quite embarrassing. There are no incentives. Being a consultant for this company is like working in a modern day sweat shop. They hire almost anyone to be a manager and most have no clue what it's actually like to be in the role of a consultant. Most consultants don't last very long and their clients leave with them. If you have responsibilities and really need money, this is not the job for you. Trust me when I say you don't make money on this job. It feels like a waste of time whenever I'm in the center working. Don't let a center manager or market director fool you in your interview about the "great commission". That doesn't exist. You know a company is horrible when you struggle to compose a 20 word minimum on the pros of the company.

The consultants make or break your business. The high turnover is a result of the poor salary. When a consultant leaves a center clients leave also. Many people don't even know that this company exists. I'm not sure what type of marketing team this company has, but it's terrible. Treat your employees better and you will see a difference in your numbers. I'm being pennies per hour, what makes you really think I'm going to come into the office and do RTA calls for hours? That's not happening. Give your employees incentives to work and they won't leave. Hire center directors that actually have been through the consultant position.

Terrible Place to Work

Former Employee - Marketing Manager
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

NONE- this is the worst place I ever worked

Cons

Mean Girls Club- women who know nothing about business running it into the ground

Fire anyone who has worked there for more than 10 years in upper management

Program Director/Consultant

Former Employee - Program Consultant  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Program Consultant in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I loved working with the clients. It was an incredible experiece and honor to be so intimately involved in someone's life long struggles and challenges. You really can make a huge difference in someone's life just by caring enough to listen and acknowedge their story.

Cons

Jenny Craig as a company is one of the most poorly run and mismanaged company I have ever worked for so far. They do not respect their employee's at all, the pay is only minimum wage or slightly above but I will say that their medical/dental benefits were pretty good. No dought, because Jenny Craig is owned by Nestle' Corporation.

If management would treat their employees' with some respect and pay them what they are worth, they would probably attract more loyal employees that would be willing to give 110%.....what a concept!

Marketing Department is a Cluster, IT Department is Outdated

Former Employee - Marketing Position
    Former Employee - Marketing Position

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for less than a year

Pros

Health Insurance Benefits are always a great pro at any company.

Cons

The marketing department is essentially a comedy of errors. Flakes and slackers producing uninspired work put-out that is coasting on old, tired procedures, campaigns and processes. The digital marketing group especially has seen turnover something fierce - and not because of the layoffs, but from people being flat-out fired. The IT department is run by people who do not know their technology, especially leadership at the service management level. We all have wondered why the lay-offs have not reeled in certain folks. It is no wonder the company was sold off for a song.

Perhaps remove those who have done nothing to remain abreast in their fields - especially those in the IT department. Marketing should crack the core clique at the leadership level and bring in new talent.

Getting worse every day. Company is destined to fail.

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Fellow employees are good people with a desire to do good work.
    Majority of clients are pleasant and looking for help.

Cons

Too many challenges to mention. Here are a few: ridiculously low pay now that the compensation is being changed. Company is desperate and in denial about it's image in the marketplace. Technology is a joke. No resources which could help employees do their jobs. Managers are clueless and their bosses are scared for their own jobs. No room for any kind of growth even if employees want to stay with the company. No actual skills needed to get hired- they're just looking for bodies. Expectations are high and stress is constant.

Start over. The only way to save this company is to realize that the employees are salespeople, and need to be compensated as such. Bring it into the current century. Try caring.

Never AGAIN

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than a year

Pros

Discounted food, good coworkers, not difficult

Cons

Worked alone most of the time, low wages, mean boss

Worked for Jenny Craig? Contribute to the Community!