Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated August 28, 2014
Updated August 28, 2014

2.2

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people change their lifestyles to achieve and maintain their weight loss goals (in 31 reviews)

• Great/Healthy way to lose weight when the program is followed (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care (in 24 reviews)

• Manipulative Market Directors, long hours without lunches and low pay (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

rewarding

Former Employee - Centre Director
    Former Employee - Centre Director

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

You get to meet new people and help them change their lives. The hours are great.

Cons

Most are doing the job of 2-3 people. The company is consistently changing for the better but sometimes it's too much change at once.

change the way of leads coming in...
    There should be a way for Directors to communicate with one another to feed off ideas and keep the motivation going.
    Have Consultants team up with another team member from another state. They can at then bring ideas to one other keep each other motivated.
    There is a lot that can be done that hasn't been done that is really simple.

In a downward spiral.

Current Employee - Center Director
    Current Employee - Center Director

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The best part about working for Jenny Craig is watching the transformation of women and men as they lose weight. Being a part of a person's life changing event is priceless and that's why I've stayed as long as I have. The other pro is the relationships I've developed with my co-workers. We are like family.

Cons

So many...No room for advancement, most recently, the new compensation plan for employees over 10 years. It's a joke. CD bonus plan was revamped but they took money from our average bonuses to put at the very top tiers. Management has added responsibility of grassroots marketing. Business to Business, walking the streets handing out flyers, but with no additional compensation. It seems the new company has management running in circles, without focus being on the most important thing: the client.

Get the focus back on the client and employees and do more research on local marketing. It's the most ancient form of marketing, totally outdated. Stop forcing folks who do not have aggressive personalities to have one. You can't train someone to have a different personality.

Terrible Work Culture

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There is nothing they offer that's worth the crap they put you through.

Cons

They have so many meetings that eat up 60% of your day and then the managers get upset when nothing gets done. The bureaucracy and countless forms pretty much make sure that you hide issues instead of fixing them. There is zero customer service and you're graded on quotas and numbers instead of your actual job performance. Lord forbid you make a mistake.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Felt this was my calling away to help other's. Finished up disappointed and sad

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Building relationships with the clients to help them with there weight loss journey . Seeing life's changing , working with a great team of consultants and made long life friends

Cons

Bad pay, Bad management, bullying and harassment by in house management, hours been cut no support from HR or UPPER MANAGEMENT, resulted in my resignation after working with jenny for a long time and loved my job and clients

Train your centre CL on how to treat staff , teach them not to single out some employees which is a act of discrimination, Teach them to train and support in team meetings . Bring back the CARE FACTOR

Awful

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

There is nothing good. This employer is rude! Never again will I work or refer people.

Cons

The pay sucks. Always changing and restructuring. No help from senior management. Can't wait to leave.

I felt pressured to promote poor body imagining.

Former Employee - Program Director  in  Brookfield, WI
    Former Employee - Program Director in Brookfield, WI

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for less than a year

Pros

I enjoyed talking with the sales consultants and helping clients with changing their lifestyle to a heathier alternative.

Cons

The pressure to meet goals and the comparison to other locations was extremely stressful.

I felt management should have been focus not just on sales but on retaining clients and improving customer service.

Disappointing

Current Employee - Sales Consultant  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Helping other people to get to their goal weight, discounted food.

Cons

Lack of Head Office support or understanding. Poor pay ,bad Team dynamics ,back stabbing, and the least hospitable work atmosphere.

You need to appreciate your co-workers and actually visit a center -you are so far removed that it is a very cold experience for Consultants. Make sure your Managers adhere to the Company guidelines and Policies, ensure they don't run centers as their private empires-very disturbing.

ONLY IF YOU ARE DESPERATE

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really do think anyone who is not desperate should work for Jenny

Cons

the pay sucks and commission sucks. stress level is so high and center directors are not qualified for their position.
    there are a couple of center where you can make a bit more money like Irvine and Torrance but everywhere else good luck. . it is only part time money.

TAKE CARE OF YOUR CONSULTANT AND THE CO WILL NOT BE STRUGGLING SO MUCH. YOU KEEP TRYING NEW RTA AND CAMPAIGNS AND NOTHING IS WORKING.

Weight Loss Consultant - A Rewarding Job

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked as a Weight Loss Consultant in a Jenny Craig Center on the East Coast for two years. I worked part time (25 hours) during college and then went to full time (38 hours) once I graduated. I had a great experience and the job was a great fit for me at the time. The position was largely commission based, so the paychecks were not exactly the same every time, but I feel that I was fairly compensated. A little bit of sales knowledge was necessary to maximize every sale and in turn maximize my paycheck. Even if we were very busy, everyone pulled their weight because they knew that their paychecks would be impacted based on their contributed amount of work.

Helping people lose weight was a wonderful experience. It was great to be there with my clients every step of the way. A lot of my clients credited me with their weight loss success and thanked me endlessly. Of course they did all the work but it felt wonderful to be an inspiration to my clients.

Cons

The compensation is largely commission based, so it was a competitive environment among my female colleagues. There were also strong personalities that did not always mix when working in such an environment. In my center, there were some clear rules on when you should get credit for a sale and when someone else should get credit for a sale, and as long as everyone did the right thing, there were no problems.

There was not much room for growth. As a consultant, when my Center Director left, I wanted to be considered for the Center Director role with my newly obtained college degree. I was told that I needed to first move up through the appropriate levels including being a Program Director for at least a year. I was not interested in being a Program Director and ultimately left the company for an external corporate position.

I'm sure a lot of employees do not like the commission based compensation, but I do. It makes each employee accountable for their amount of work. I don't think its a bad system and I feel that I was fairly compensated because the more work I put in, the more money I got in my paycheck.

I was at Jenny Craig while working toward my bachelors degree. When I graduated, I wanted to be considered for an open Center Director role in my center. I was told by my District Manager that I needed to move up through the levels first and be a Program Director for at least a year. A Program Director role was not currently open. Ultimately I left the company for an external corporate HR position. I think I understand the reasoning in that JC wants their senior level employees to be strong at all positions in order to fill in when needed. But my advice to management would be that rising through the levels shouldn't be a deal breaker. You probably have top talent in your lowest levels. These people just need to be developed to reach their full potential.

If they don't make some major changes, the company won't be around much longer.

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than a year

Pros

Build lasting relationships with clients and motivate them to improve their health.

Cons

Compensation is very low. Commission based on food sold but with all the new meal plan businesses offering higher quality / organic food, many clients choose to supplement JC meals with others and that takes a huge bite out of your paycheck. Good luck convincing your clients that processed, frozen foods with ingredients like high fructose corn syrup are a better choice!
    Management treats employees very poorly. There is very little flexibility and benefits are slim to none. Expect to work weekends, evenings, and holidays.

Re-invent food offerings to match the needs and trends of today's health-conscious

Worked for Jenny Craig? Contribute to the Community!