Jenny Craig Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.2
Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people to reach their goals is a wonderful experience (in 45 reviews)

• Would love to agree with the rest about changing people's lives but we all know we are better trained to sell vs helping them lose weight (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Favoritism amongst upper management (in 27 reviews)

• Our center director doesn't really motivate us just wants to be our friend more (in 13 reviews)

1. Would Not Recommend

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

Jenny Craig has good work-life balance. There is also very generous PTO accrual for the Home Office.

Cons

I made the mistake of not listening to the glassdoor reviews prior to accepting my position. The people are stuck in their ways and only care about the bottom line - making money. It's not so much about the client but more about how much they buy. Employees are also not encouraged to develop professionally which makes us want to leave the company.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees. To best grow the business you have to be willing to grow your employees.

2. Fun Place

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Lapeer, MI
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Lapeer, MI

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive environment
    Team atmosphere
    Great training-paid
    I worked with a wonderful team in Flint, MI before the center eventually closed due to a lack of revenue. It was a fun fast-paced job where I was on my feet much of the time.

Cons

Low pay, needed better sales incentives/commission

If you are looking for a dead end job, JC is your place!

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

Brand actually works.
    Discounts on the food
    Free Curves classes
    Flexibility to go to nearby gym during work hours

Cons

Lack of respect for fellow employees
    Bad pay & benefits
    No employee appreciation..
    A joke of a bonus
    Proud Favoritism
    Horrible HR
    75% of the people that work here are not the "brand".
    They will lie to you and overwork you.
    Everyone there secretly wants to leave..

Advice to Management

Advice to potential employees: Make sure you negotiate your pay upfront. Don't go to HR, they are filled with a bunch of gossipers who will spread your "anonymous" complaint like wild fire. Always remember HR is there to prevent lawsuits not help you.. Don't be ridiculous.

5. Great company

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Weekly meetings to review goals, learn new products and news, get coaching.

Cons

Training can't possibly cover all client challenges.

Advice to Management

Build confidence in consultants.

6. Manager

Former Employee - Centre Director in Slidell, LA
    Former Employee - Centre Director in Slidell, LA

I worked at Jenny Craig (More than a year)

Pros

Assisted clients in identifying their current needs regarding weight management.

Cons

Not paid enough for stress of job.

7. They sure do change lives

Current Employee - Program Consultant in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Program Consultant in Riverside, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The clients and helping others is the only good thing about Jenny Craig

Cons

The pay the program directors the managers and most of all human resource

Advice to Management

Get rid of Jenny Craig the employee's and the food too old school

Take the previous comments about the Management Seriously

I worked at Jenny Craig

Pros

The pros were far and few between. But I will say the free coffee and the decent quality creamers were probably my best memory of this place. Oh yeah and the dijon mustard packs were great on sandwiches. Pay not bad. Benefits not great but not bad.

Cons

The management in the office I worked in did not appreciate the workers. I wish I had read these reviews before taking this position so if you are reading this please take these reviews seriously and REALLY reconsider whether this job is worth it. You will be worked very hard, get little support, and only hear the negative things you are doing. In the back room conversations know that the managers working with you are talking badly about you and then they will come out and smile and joke with you like they care and support you then turn around and talk behind your back and badmouth you. Probably one of the phoniest work environments I have ever had the misfortune of being exposed to. And let's talk about nepotism. We got nepotism at Jenny. Unqualified people get jobs and promotions because they know someone not because of what they have done there or previously accomplished. Put it all together and you would be wise to pass on JC. Look at the overall rating of this company and it's CEO especially from the long term employees who have been quitting in droves recently. The overall health of this company is not looking good. I surely hope the Stand Alone Centers are run differently and more immune to this toxic work environment. In final, the saddest part of this is the product itself is a great product which is proven effective and with the guidance of the hard working consultants a recipe for success to anyone who wants to safely and healthily lose weight.

Advice to Management

I will say my advice is to step aside and let people who really care run the company. You have a great product unfortunately you have created a horrible work environment where the ambassadors of your product are miserable because of you. If I could score you a no star below I would.

9. Health and Wellness Consultant

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant

I worked at Jenny Craig

Pros

The clients were wonderful, and I enjoyed talking with them.

Cons

The job training was 95% sales training and not food/nutritional training which left me unable to answer some client questions. The computer system was extremely slow as well. Due to inadequate and improper scheduling, I spent most of my time there pulling food out of the freezers and bagging it. It was more like working in a grocery store than as a health and wellness consultant.

Advice to Management

The computer system is a daily crippling problem and in serious need of a faster user friendly upgrade. Even the clients complain about it. A more comprehensive training program less centered on sales would help as well. Also, since the majority of clients are seen on weekends, a rotating weekend schedule would help in attracting and retaining employees.

10. NO MONEY

I worked at Jenny Craig

Pros

Consults with clients..great! Enjoyed the clients.

Cons

No Money...exhausted when leave...you are either in consults, stocking or making a million calls to old customers...NO ONE WANTS YOU TO CALL THEM AND ASK THEM ABOUT THEIR WEIGHT LOSS BATTLE!! Get a grip!!!!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Try to keep the good consultants, pay them more.

An all male executive team is ruining Jenny Craig

Former Employee - Director in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Director in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Jenny Craig truly wants to make a difference in the lives of the clients. The team is passionate about helping their clients live healthier, happier lives.

Cons

An all male executive team makes it difficult for the organization to do what they need to in order to support the clients whom rely on them. Interesting that as soon as Curves purchased the company, all female Jenny Craig executives were removed.

Advice to Management

Have people in leadership who know how to lead the team, care for employees, understand who the clients are, care about making a difference and who can honor what Jenny created all those years ago.

RSS Feed </> Embed