Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated September 19, 2014
Updated September 19, 2014
2.2

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people change their lifestyles to achieve and maintain their weight loss goals (in 31 reviews)

• Great/Healthy way to lose weight when the program is followed (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care (in 24 reviews)

• Manipulative Market Directors, long hours without lunches and low pay (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

New Compensation......Sucks

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working with clients~~motivating and encouraging them on their journey. Waking up in the morning excited by the thought of "whose life to I get to change today"?
    LOVE my Center Director and staff.

Cons

Let me start by saying I was a client in the 1990's and lost over 100 lbs - this company changed my life so it is with a heavy heart that I write a negative review. The food is expensive and I am receiving negative comments about the quality of the foods from clients since the new changes. I work hard calling clients to get them back on the program - just last week I had 4 RTA's back for a week and they quit this week due to poor food quality (taste has changed and not for the better, portions smaller, some packages are not sealed - fruit removed for french toast is a HUGE sore spot for most clients to name a few) and the expense of the food. I understand that the company needs to be profitable - but it's hard to sell the food when other pre-packaged foods on the market are much less expensive and there is little to no difference in the quality now.
    The new compensation plan - well sucks. I was with the company for 3 yrs and left to help in our family business. I came back 2 years ago and with JC business being down, took a significant pay cut due to lower commissions. I love the job so I figured I would trade lower wages for doing something I love. I had high hopes for the new compensation plan. My previous years of experience are not being considered. What this means is that a new employee coming in off the street with NO experience will make the same as me - with close to 5 yrs experience. My base is now $16,200 BEFORE taxes.....really? This is not a living wage - once income taxes, health insurance and gas to get to and from work are removed I will net $475.00/month. This is not a typo - that's $475.00 PER MONTH!! In looking at the bonus structure, IF and this is a big IF our center meets the 120% to quota - well then I will make 60% of what i used to make.
    BREAKS MY HEART what is becoming of this company. I hope this generates the profits the company is looking for - but you are alienating clients and hard working JCC's can no longer afford to work here anymore.

Rethink what you are doing - low quality expensive food and employees that are no longer motivated - is this really a recipe for success? I really have no suggestions because upper management clearly has an agenda and doesn't care that the majority of their employees are now living well below the poverty line. How will new employees relate to clients that can afford this program - huge class gap! Hey I know - maybe some counseling on how to apply for food stamps or other government assistance!

Great people to work with but company is slowly crumbling!!

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

I love the people I work with. Advancement opportunities are available. Pay is better if you work at the corporate office. Company store with okay prices and discounts on Jenny Craig food.

Cons

Hardly any employee perks. Company seems lost and the employee morale is very low. A lot of layoffs recently and there are a lot of current employees that are looking to leave the company. Not innovative! Training sucks!!!! Please create better material!!!

Stop trying to manage multiple projects. Focus on one thing at a time and find a better way to communicate with your employees, especially with the field staff. Boost employee morale!!! Show your employees you care about them.

great

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Cashier in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good money and nice people.

Cons

too many lazy ppl in the department.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Clients make the job very rewarding- it's dollar coaster journey for both the client and consultant

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Office staff makes the daily job enjoyable

Cons

Company does not care about their staff, it's only about the revenue

Long term employees shouldn't be penalized with wages due to a changes with management staff

Employee for 10 yrs in New Jersey market

Current Employee - JCC
    Current Employee - JCC

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Helping clients get to an maintain there goal weight. Some times being a therapist to my clients as well as a friend.

Cons

Very underpaid, not getting reconnized for the hard work an dedication that you gave to the company. With the new compensation plan I will be making $7,000 less then the previous year an about $20,000 less from 4 yrs ago. An now after 10 yrs you can no longer get a raise. The worst thing is I will be making the same compensation as some consultants who didn't have clients . As well as some centers who should have closed down already.

Pay the Jcc's individually by there hard work and dedication and there clientele . Because not every employee made money for the company. Some were just skating by for a paycheck

Micromanaged, horrible scheduling practices, expendable sales staff

Current Employee - Program Director  in  Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Program Director in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than a year

Pros

Help people try to lose weight.
    Pay for mileage for my position

Cons

Not enough pay for the work expectations.
    Not much room for advancement.
    Non-managerial staff was treated as if they had no life outside of JC.

Don't complain right along with the staff.

the training is great but the job stinks

Former Employee - Sales Consultant/Program Director  in  Newton, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant/Program Director in Newton, MA

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than a year

Pros

the nutrition and sales training was great background for the employees
    employee discount was wonderful

Cons

all the company was worried about was how much food and yearly programs you sold. the customers don't understand how to stay heathy after they finish the program.the company had a poor support system for their clients when they were struggling to maintain their weight. it backfired on us-sales consultants and program directors. not great benefits and
    management couldn't control their employees.

manage your sales consultants properly and fairly
    dont let one sales consultant steal all of the clients

Company doesn't care much for its employees

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant  in  South Florida, FL
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in South Florida, FL

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible schedule, except when understaffed and you can't take time off.

Cons

Terrible pay. Constant restructuring. Short staffed

Those of us that work in the centers love what we do and believe in what we do. You need to take a good look at your area market directors, etc...they do not care about anything but the numbers.

Very fun people to work with except some of the stuck up ones.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for less than a year

Pros

Always something to do. You are pretty much guaranteed 40 hours a week. Fun driving forklifts.

Cons

Not a lot of room for growth. You are stuck in one spot. If you are not a favorite you will feel it.

I work with the best co-workers imaginable. Rewarding helping people lose weight and make positive lifestyle changes!

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

One on one interactions with clients, while seeing their progress and success makes it very worthwhile for me to come to work everyday. I have developed wonderful relationships with many of my clients that I truly care about. I feel that I, in conjunction with the Jenny Craig program, have made a significant impact on the lives of many of my clients . The people I work with have become my friends....we enjoy working together, and spending time together outside of work. The Jenny Craig plan does work!

Cons

I have been cautiously optimistic in awaiting the new compensation package for consultants. I am intelligent enough to understand that the new management was not going to just increase our wages to what we are entitled to, and what would then be a livable salary. However.....I am stunned at my new salary. Over the last several years, I have made less money each year, due to the downward spiral of Jenny Craig. With my new salary, my base is $15,000 less than what I made a few years ago. Based on our new quota bonus plan, it seems extremely unlikely, actually impossible, that I could even make what I made last year, let alone what I made the previous years. So, those of us who actually did pretty well with the commission structure, like myself, will be significantly hurt financially with this new plan. The company should be prepared to lose many wonderful, long-term, dedicated employees.

Re-think this compensation plan. Will the quota bonuses really be attainable?? In my center, we need to hit 120%,or thereabouts, of quota every month for most of us to make what we used to make. Expect a mass exodus of great employees if changes are not made quickly. The salaries for consultants are just not livable.

Worked for Jenny Craig? Contribute to the Community!