Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated August 28, 2014
Updated August 28, 2014

2.2

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people change their lifestyles to achieve and maintain their weight loss goals (in 31 reviews)

• Great/Healthy way to lose weight when the program is followed (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care (in 24 reviews)

• Manipulative Market Directors, long hours without lunches and low pay (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

I felt pressured to promote poor body imagining.

Former Employee - Program Director  in  Brookfield, WI
    Former Employee - Program Director in Brookfield, WI

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for less than a year

Pros

I enjoyed talking with the sales consultants and helping clients with changing their lifestyle to a heathier alternative.

Cons

The pressure to meet goals and the comparison to other locations was extremely stressful.

I felt management should have been focus not just on sales but on retaining clients and improving customer service.

If they don't make some major changes, the company won't be around much longer.

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than a year

Pros

Build lasting relationships with clients and motivate them to improve their health.

Cons

Compensation is very low. Commission based on food sold but with all the new meal plan businesses offering higher quality / organic food, many clients choose to supplement JC meals with others and that takes a huge bite out of your paycheck. Good luck convincing your clients that processed, frozen foods with ingredients like high fructose corn syrup are a better choice!
    Management treats employees very poorly. There is very little flexibility and benefits are slim to none. Expect to work weekends, evenings, and holidays.

Re-invent food offerings to match the needs and trends of today's health-conscious

Good place to start your business career, but don't expect much mobility

Current Employee - Center Director  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Center Director in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than a year

Pros

This place has a very friendly atmosphere and the clients are fantastic. It is amazing to watch clients go through a life-changing transformation.

Cons

Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care. They are focused more on hitting quotas and retaining clients than actually creating a healthy work environment. Salary is not great at all, and if you hate being put on the spot in front of everyone in a training/sales scenario, this is not the place for you. Calling you out in meetings is the crux of how they train sales with employees. I personally feel that humiliation is often the result and do not pursue this practice as a manager.

Pay and benefits are rather sad in this company. If you increased pay and benefits, you would ultimately experience a lower turn-over rate. You would also have more driven employees. Also, training for sales and calls should be an individual training event between a manager and subordinate. Stop with the round-robins and group displays. It's not a productive practice and often alienates those that struggle instead of giving personal training and counseling in their weaker areas.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Emotionally Rewarding

Current Employee - Centre Director
    Current Employee - Centre Director

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The program works! Becoming a cohesive weight loss program.

Cons

Upper Management has no concept of employee engagement. There is not enough focus on celebrating the consultants (the core of the business). Time to increase wages and celebrate the hard work of this position.

Time to increase wages and celebrate the hard work of this position.

Thank You - Finally!

Current Employee - Jenny Craig Home Office Employee  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Jenny Craig Home Office Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Helping clients lose weight, co-workers and work location.

Cons

Lots of changes without the test of time, management doesn't listen to employees, HR practices that make no sense and bossy people. But I'm going to give the new management a chance to make things better.

Thank you for shedding the mean blonde duo at the top; they will not be missed and did not have the company's best interest in mind or any sense of professionalism, personal accountability or ethics. Talk about one covering for the other and then calling it legal - what a joke. We're in much better shape now. Nestle was fooled by them but thank goodness you weren't.

An OK company

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

30hrs is full time, discount on food

Cons

Scheduling can be tough with split shifts being very common. Management is often terrible within this company. Hard to advance

Worthy and challenging.

I have been working at Jenny Craig

Pros

Rewarding service and support to help clients and staff experience personal success.

Cons

Numerable change of corporate ownership since Jenny and Sid Craig started program. Some values changed or lost.

Stop losing great employees...create realistic salary ranges that reflect performance and skills.

These are the last days of this company.

I have been working at Jenny Craig

Pros

Meeting awesome people that have now become friends. Helping clients reach their goals. Working with great co-workers. Half off food.

Cons

This company is a joke. I don't see it lasting through the end of 2015. The salary is absolutely ridiculous and quite embarrassing. There are no incentives. Being a consultant for this company is like working in a modern day sweat shop. They hire almost anyone to be a manager and most have no clue what it's actually like to be in the role of a consultant. Most consultants don't last very long and their clients leave with them. If you have responsibilities and really need money, this is not the job for you. Trust me when I say you don't make money on this job. It feels like a waste of time whenever I'm in the center working. Don't let a center manager or market director fool you in your interview about the "great commission". That doesn't exist. You know a company is horrible when you struggle to compose a 20 word minimum on the pros of the company.

The consultants make or break your business. The high turnover is a result of the poor salary. When a consultant leaves a center clients leave also. Many people don't even know that this company exists. I'm not sure what type of marketing team this company has, but it's terrible. Treat your employees better and you will see a difference in your numbers. I'm being pennies per hour, what makes you really think I'm going to come into the office and do RTA calls for hours? That's not happening. Give your employees incentives to work and they won't leave. Hire center directors that actually have been through the consultant position.

Terrible Place to Work

Former Employee - Marketing Manager
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

NONE- this is the worst place I ever worked

Cons

Mean Girls Club- women who know nothing about business running it into the ground

Fire anyone who has worked there for more than 10 years in upper management

Program Director/Consultant

Former Employee - Program Consultant  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Program Consultant in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I loved working with the clients. It was an incredible experiece and honor to be so intimately involved in someone's life long struggles and challenges. You really can make a huge difference in someone's life just by caring enough to listen and acknowedge their story.

Cons

Jenny Craig as a company is one of the most poorly run and mismanaged company I have ever worked for so far. They do not respect their employee's at all, the pay is only minimum wage or slightly above but I will say that their medical/dental benefits were pretty good. No dought, because Jenny Craig is owned by Nestle' Corporation.

If management would treat their employees' with some respect and pay them what they are worth, they would probably attract more loyal employees that would be willing to give 110%.....what a concept!

Worked for Jenny Craig? Contribute to the Community!