Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated September 19, 2014
Updated September 19, 2014
2.2

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people change their lifestyles to achieve and maintain their weight loss goals (in 31 reviews)

• Great/Healthy way to lose weight when the program is followed (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care (in 24 reviews)

• Manipulative Market Directors, long hours without lunches and low pay (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Company doesn't care much for its employees

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant  in  South Florida, FL
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in South Florida, FL

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible schedule, except when understaffed and you can't take time off.

Cons

Terrible pay. Constant restructuring. Short staffed

Those of us that work in the centers love what we do and believe in what we do. You need to take a good look at your area market directors, etc...they do not care about anything but the numbers.

No Place to Go

Former Employee - Program Director  in  Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Program Director in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You are able to help people lose weight and make a difference in their lives

Cons

There is no room for advancement. The company is constantly changing. The pay is TERRIBLE. The hours can be long and you spend a lot of time calling people who don't want to come back and lose weight.

Get some consistency and pay people what they deserve.

New Compensation......Sucks

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working with clients~~motivating and encouraging them on their journey. Waking up in the morning excited by the thought of "whose life to I get to change today"?
    LOVE my Center Director and staff.

Cons

Let me start by saying I was a client in the 1990's and lost over 100 lbs - this company changed my life so it is with a heavy heart that I write a negative review. The food is expensive and I am receiving negative comments about the quality of the foods from clients since the new changes. I work hard calling clients to get them back on the program - just last week I had 4 RTA's back for a week and they quit this week due to poor food quality (taste has changed and not for the better, portions smaller, some packages are not sealed - fruit removed for french toast is a HUGE sore spot for most clients to name a few) and the expense of the food. I understand that the company needs to be profitable - but it's hard to sell the food when other pre-packaged foods on the market are much less expensive and there is little to no difference in the quality now.
    The new compensation plan - well sucks. I was with the company for 3 yrs and left to help in our family business. I came back 2 years ago and with JC business being down, took a significant pay cut due to lower commissions. I love the job so I figured I would trade lower wages for doing something I love. I had high hopes for the new compensation plan. My previous years of experience are not being considered. What this means is that a new employee coming in off the street with NO experience will make the same as me - with close to 5 yrs experience. My base is now $16,200 BEFORE taxes.....really? This is not a living wage - once income taxes, health insurance and gas to get to and from work are removed I will net $475.00/month. This is not a typo - that's $475.00 PER MONTH!! In looking at the bonus structure, IF and this is a big IF our center meets the 120% to quota - well then I will make 60% of what i used to make.
    BREAKS MY HEART what is becoming of this company. I hope this generates the profits the company is looking for - but you are alienating clients and hard working JCC's can no longer afford to work here anymore.

Rethink what you are doing - low quality expensive food and employees that are no longer motivated - is this really a recipe for success? I really have no suggestions because upper management clearly has an agenda and doesn't care that the majority of their employees are now living well below the poverty line. How will new employees relate to clients that can afford this program - huge class gap! Hey I know - maybe some counseling on how to apply for food stamps or other government assistance!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Clients make the job very rewarding- it's dollar coaster journey for both the client and consultant

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Office staff makes the daily job enjoyable

Cons

Company does not care about their staff, it's only about the revenue

Long term employees shouldn't be penalized with wages due to a changes with management staff

Weight Loss Consultant - A Rewarding Job

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked as a Weight Loss Consultant in a Jenny Craig Center on the East Coast for two years. I worked part time (25 hours) during college and then went to full time (38 hours) once I graduated. I had a great experience and the job was a great fit for me at the time. The position was largely commission based, so the paychecks were not exactly the same every time, but I feel that I was fairly compensated. A little bit of sales knowledge was necessary to maximize every sale and in turn maximize my paycheck. Even if we were very busy, everyone pulled their weight because they knew that their paychecks would be impacted based on their contributed amount of work.

Helping people lose weight was a wonderful experience. It was great to be there with my clients every step of the way. A lot of my clients credited me with their weight loss success and thanked me endlessly. Of course they did all the work but it felt wonderful to be an inspiration to my clients.

Cons

The compensation is largely commission based, so it was a competitive environment among my female colleagues. There were also strong personalities that did not always mix when working in such an environment. In my center, there were some clear rules on when you should get credit for a sale and when someone else should get credit for a sale, and as long as everyone did the right thing, there were no problems.

There was not much room for growth. As a consultant, when my Center Director left, I wanted to be considered for the Center Director role with my newly obtained college degree. I was told that I needed to first move up through the appropriate levels including being a Program Director for at least a year. I was not interested in being a Program Director and ultimately left the company for an external corporate position.

I'm sure a lot of employees do not like the commission based compensation, but I do. It makes each employee accountable for their amount of work. I don't think its a bad system and I feel that I was fairly compensated because the more work I put in, the more money I got in my paycheck.

I was at Jenny Craig while working toward my bachelors degree. When I graduated, I wanted to be considered for an open Center Director role in my center. I was told by my District Manager that I needed to move up through the levels first and be a Program Director for at least a year. A Program Director role was not currently open. Ultimately I left the company for an external corporate HR position. I think I understand the reasoning in that JC wants their senior level employees to be strong at all positions in order to fill in when needed. But my advice to management would be that rising through the levels shouldn't be a deal breaker. You probably have top talent in your lowest levels. These people just need to be developed to reach their full potential.

In a downward spiral.

Current Employee - Center Director
    Current Employee - Center Director

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The best part about working for Jenny Craig is watching the transformation of women and men as they lose weight. Being a part of a person's life changing event is priceless and that's why I've stayed as long as I have. The other pro is the relationships I've developed with my co-workers. We are like family.

Cons

So many...No room for advancement, most recently, the new compensation plan for employees over 10 years. It's a joke. CD bonus plan was revamped but they took money from our average bonuses to put at the very top tiers. Management has added responsibility of grassroots marketing. Business to Business, walking the streets handing out flyers, but with no additional compensation. It seems the new company has management running in circles, without focus being on the most important thing: the client.

Get the focus back on the client and employees and do more research on local marketing. It's the most ancient form of marketing, totally outdated. Stop forcing folks who do not have aggressive personalities to have one. You can't train someone to have a different personality.

ONLY IF YOU ARE DESPERATE

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really do think anyone who is not desperate should work for Jenny

Cons

the pay sucks and commission sucks. stress level is so high and center directors are not qualified for their position.
    there are a couple of center where you can make a bit more money like Irvine and Torrance but everywhere else good luck. . it is only part time money.

TAKE CARE OF YOUR CONSULTANT AND THE CO WILL NOT BE STRUGGLING SO MUCH. YOU KEEP TRYING NEW RTA AND CAMPAIGNS AND NOTHING IS WORKING.

Disappointing

Current Employee - Sales Consultant  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Helping other people to get to their goal weight, discounted food.

Cons

Lack of Head Office support or understanding. Poor pay ,bad Team dynamics ,back stabbing, and the least hospitable work atmosphere.

You need to appreciate your co-workers and actually visit a center -you are so far removed that it is a very cold experience for Consultants. Make sure your Managers adhere to the Company guidelines and Policies, ensure they don't run centers as their private empires-very disturbing.

If they don't make some major changes, the company won't be around much longer.

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than a year

Pros

Build lasting relationships with clients and motivate them to improve their health.

Cons

Compensation is very low. Commission based on food sold but with all the new meal plan businesses offering higher quality / organic food, many clients choose to supplement JC meals with others and that takes a huge bite out of your paycheck. Good luck convincing your clients that processed, frozen foods with ingredients like high fructose corn syrup are a better choice!
    Management treats employees very poorly. There is very little flexibility and benefits are slim to none. Expect to work weekends, evenings, and holidays.

Re-invent food offerings to match the needs and trends of today's health-conscious

Amazing chance to make a difference.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Seeing people transform and become the best version of themselves.

Cons

Lots of continuous change can make things feel unstable.

Transparency is critical to gain trust.

Worked for Jenny Craig? Contribute to the Community!