Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated October 23, 2014
Updated October 23, 2014
2.2

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people to reach their goals is a wonderful experience (in 42 reviews)

• All employees receive a good opportunity to lose weight on the Jenny Craig program (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care (in 27 reviews)

• Manipulative Market Directors, long hours without lunches and low pay (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Difficult

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The clients is what made the job fun. The consultant and client equally cared about each other.

Cons

The new pay structure sent me packing. The management is terrible and needs training on how to properly treat and keep employees. The management also needs to treat clients properly.

Let your employees learn and develop at their own pace. Let employees develop dialogue that is comfortable for them. Don't demand perfection because no one is perfect. Don't discuss employees with other employees. It causes conflict in the office. Be a professional center director and treat everyone with respect, especially if that is how you want to be treated. Don't micromanage your employees. If you don't like your job as a center director, get a different one; don't take it out on the employees.

Great job because you get to really help change clients lives

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Central Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Central Valley, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Love helping clients feel better and get healthier. Its very rewarding

Cons

I shake my head as to the reasons behind why they hire some of the managers. In my opinion they aren't always the most qualified. I feel they are the most well liked but that doesn't make the best managers. Our center director doesn't really motivate us just wants to be our friend more.

Know what your center directors are doing in their centers. Sometimes its the staff who are really the driving force. Sincerely ask staff how their center director is doing. My cd is running a business on the side out of her office and boyfriend & family calls 3-4 times daily. We are selfmotivating that's the reason why our center is doing well. Not due to the cds input.

Too many good people stuck in a bad situation

Current Employee - IT Department in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - IT Department in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are genuinely good people working at Jenny - they are the reason I stayed as long as I did.

Cons

Bad pay, long hours, no room for growth, gross mismanagement.

Lighten up, let people have a little fun.

No support from local leaders

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working with the people. The employees and the members were great.

Cons

There is no support from management. Pay changes mean lower pay and less hours. They expect employees to work open to close 6-7 days a week and be grateful when sent home on 3 hour breaks.

Rethink the local management structure. Evaluate not only employees but allow employees to evaluate their managers to let corporate know where things need to change instead of allowing managers to pull the wool over corporates eyes when they walk in.

Great overall environment and co-workers...low pay

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Helping people lose weight & get healthy , coworkers were great

Cons

Low pay, upper management - interesting

Increase pay & listen to your employees

Jenny Craig Corporate Headquarters

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Awesome work environment. The facility is spacious, the people are great to work with, location can't be beat. Only 5 minutes away from the beach. I love it here. Great perks- occasional catered food, a workout gym with complimentary work out classes. Organized organization who doesn't stray from the soul of it's core values. The attitude here is just that- everyone is helpful all around.

Cons

No cons to review at this time.

Great program but little regard for employees

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

We change lives
    Our members
    Working with great people

Cons

Hours being cut
    Little care about employees
    Below average salary

Give the centers more tools to achieve their goals. For instance a marketing budget.

Down Hill

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Helping people lose weight/feel better about themselves. Working there for over five years has really strengthened my knowledge of proper nutrition and weight loss. I have also become a therapist without meaning to. Too bad it was without therapist pay.

Cons

Company has been going downhill for a long time. They waste money on printing nonsense marketing tools that we end up trashing. They should give that money to the employees. Business is VERY slow. Now they have given us an hourly wage with no commission and then... they cut hours! So much for giving us a wage we can live on! Wow! Thanks Jenny!

Don't know what to say at this point. It's just too late.

New compensation plan is awful.

Former Employee - Consultant in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Orange, CA

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Clients are wonderful. Helping people make a big change in their life is rewarding in so many ways. That is the only thing about this company that i consider a "pro."

Cons

The new compensation plan is terribly cheap- even cheaper then it was before.
    At first, it seemed great to me. Having been here a little over a year, it seemed the compensation plan would benefit me. Let me explain.

Old compensation plan for new employees: $9 an hour plus commissions and monthly bonuses if quota was achieved.

New compensation plan: new employees start at $12 or $13 something depending on what market you belong to. After a year, it goes up no matter what. they took the commission away, making the job less stressful and competitive, it seemed; and they raised our bonus scale. You get the full percentage of the bonus if you are condsidered full time. Sounds fair, right?

WRONG. Let me start by explaining "full time" at jenny is "anything over 30 hours". None of our hours ever exceeded 32 unless we covered a shift. Just before this compensation plan goes into effect- what do they do? Cut all of our hours, not only making us ineligible for a full future bonus, but this has also made us ineligible for medical benefits, which are only offered to what Jenny considers "full timers."

Not only was this a cheap move, but if you really think about it, it seems that they are trying to weed out the employees who have been here the longest. I believe the highest you can get paid is $15 an hour. Taking away these peoples' commissions, AND cutting their hours? They got jipped more than anybody.

There used to be a rule where two people had to be in the center at one time. That was taken away, presumably so that it would be easier to decrease all our hours. I guess screw our safety, or if we are uncomfortable being alone in a center.

The management at Jenny Craig needs to actually think about these things before making such a cheap decision. They are going to lose so many great employees who just cannot survive off of this wage. And guess what happens when a consultant leaves? A lot of their clients will likely follow, making the revenue even worse than it already is.

Be prepared to lose all of your great employees to businesses that genuinely care about them, and have a decent base pay to offer. Listen to your employees- we are the ones who keep clients coming back, arent we?

Program Director

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Monthly training Sessions for all Program Directors

Cons

Pay sucks for pd's if you don't have people coming to start up again or to start. You rarely get to see clients that you started up unless it is to renew their memberships. Management has unrealistic goals as far as monthly sales go unless your in a highly populated health conscious area. They also don't actually care about what will help the customers, instead its all about only jenny products and how to take more of their money. Monthly meetings were a joke where they tell you about what areas are doing the best and tell you that you need to do better, everyone is fake in their intent and it's a day of management attempting to improve sales by calling out what has worked in the past.

Company philosophy is failing big time. No one makes decent money unless they are management. You cut back hours for program directors and consultants when those are the people who keep centers going instead of changing the business plan. My center closed shortly after I left because there weren't enough people coming through the doors and that will continue to happen all over.

Jenny Craig Photos