Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated October 23, 2014
Updated October 23, 2014
2.2

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people to reach their goals is a wonderful experience (in 42 reviews)

• All employees receive a good opportunity to lose weight on the Jenny Craig program (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care (in 27 reviews)

• Manipulative Market Directors, long hours without lunches and low pay (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Working in my centre is wonderful, but working under the corporate management is a nightmare.

Current Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love getting to know the clients, and celebrating their successes with them. My coworkers are also some of the most amazing people I've ever had the opportunity to work with. My job is pretty much to facilitate everyone else's jobs, which I like because it means I get to help people help people! What can be better than that?

Cons

Every time I hear something from corporate, or from an operations manager, or from any other manager, it always gives me a terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. Emails from higher-ups are insulting, either because they are actually flat-out insulting everyone in the centre, or because they are assuming that everyone in the centre is braindead. All of the actually important information in any corporate communication gets drowned out by pages and pages of noninformation, to the point where my coworkers actually started asking me to write single-page breakdowns that we started calling "cheat sheets". I also had to keep an updated list of all of the new and ongoing promotions, along with their associated product and discount codes, because we were only ever given the codes for each promotion as they came up; there was no single reference for all of the current codes. Our centre's director has been largely absent ever since she took on the title; I can probably count on one hand the number of times that I have seen her in the centre. While this means that our centre is often completely out of such trivialities as sellable products, printer ink, and toilet paper, her presence only creates a more stressful work environment. She is constantly telling me that my job is unnecessary, and if I ask her for any information, her answer is that it's "none of my concern". She's worse on the phone, though: one time I had to call her to ask her what to do about a $300 discrepancy in inventory, and she yelled at me over the phone, asking me how I dared to call her on what I hadn't known was her day off; I was literally in tears by the time she hung up on me. Our previous centre directors weren't much better, causing my coworkers to wonder why Jenny Craig seems to only promote the power-hungry. The pay structure has recently changed for the worse, too: when I was hired more than a year ago, I was told that I would start at $10/hour, and would have a pay evaluation once a year. My one-year anniversary came right after the pay structure changed in a way that eliminated pay evaluations, as well as pay raises for Customer Service Coordinators. (Well, it *might* have. When I asked my centre director if I was getting a pay raise after working there for a year, she said she didn't know if CSC's got pay raises anymore, so she wasn't going to give me one.) Quota bonuses have also gone down significantly: the only way to get a quota bonus equal to the previous one is to exceed quota by more than 125%; every other bonus is up to almost 30% less than it used to be. (Yes, I did the math.) When the centre director decided to cut my hours back to 1/3 of what they were, I was given less than 12 hours notice of the change before it went into effect; when she laid me off the very next week, I was given less than a week's notice. When I asked if I could stay employed if I trained as a consultant, since one of our consultants is retiring at the end of the month, the centre director said that she was trying to preserve the other consultants' jobs, first, so she was going to ask a consultant from another centre to replace the one retiring at ours. I guess she couldn't help telling me I was worthless to her, just one last time.

APPRECIATE YOUR EMPLOYEES. Seriously, I could have happily worked through anything you threw at me, if you just gave me one tiny reason to think that the effort was appreciated. My coworkers were great about supporting each other, but not once was there ever a hint of anything similar from those higher up. In fact, it was whenever we heard from management that we often needed to support each other the most. So yeah, appreciate your employees, at least enough to trust them when they tell you that the centre is almost out of toilet paper.

New Compensation......Sucks

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working with clients~~motivating and encouraging them on their journey. Waking up in the morning excited by the thought of "whose life to I get to change today"?
    LOVE my Center Director and staff.

Cons

Let me start by saying I was a client in the 1990's and lost over 100 lbs - this company changed my life so it is with a heavy heart that I write a negative review. The food is expensive and I am receiving negative comments about the quality of the foods from clients since the new changes. I work hard calling clients to get them back on the program - just last week I had 4 RTA's back for a week and they quit this week due to poor food quality (taste has changed and not for the better, portions smaller, some packages are not sealed - fruit removed for french toast is a HUGE sore spot for most clients to name a few) and the expense of the food. I understand that the company needs to be profitable - but it's hard to sell the food when other pre-packaged foods on the market are much less expensive and there is little to no difference in the quality now.
    The new compensation plan - well sucks. I was with the company for 3 yrs and left to help in our family business. I came back 2 years ago and with JC business being down, took a significant pay cut due to lower commissions. I love the job so I figured I would trade lower wages for doing something I love. I had high hopes for the new compensation plan. My previous years of experience are not being considered. What this means is that a new employee coming in off the street with NO experience will make the same as me - with close to 5 yrs experience. My base is now $16,200 BEFORE taxes.....really? This is not a living wage - once income taxes, health insurance and gas to get to and from work are removed I will net $475.00/month. This is not a typo - that's $475.00 PER MONTH!! In looking at the bonus structure, IF and this is a big IF our center meets the 120% to quota - well then I will make 60% of what i used to make.
    BREAKS MY HEART what is becoming of this company. I hope this generates the profits the company is looking for - but you are alienating clients and hard working JCC's can no longer afford to work here anymore.

Rethink what you are doing - low quality expensive food and employees that are no longer motivated - is this really a recipe for success? I really have no suggestions because upper management clearly has an agenda and doesn't care that the majority of their employees are now living well below the poverty line. How will new employees relate to clients that can afford this program - huge class gap! Hey I know - maybe some counseling on how to apply for food stamps or other government assistance!

Great people to work with but company is slowly crumbling!!

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

I love the people I work with. Advancement opportunities are available. Pay is better if you work at the corporate office. Company store with okay prices and discounts on Jenny Craig food.

Cons

Hardly any employee perks. Company seems lost and the employee morale is very low. A lot of layoffs recently and there are a lot of current employees that are looking to leave the company. Not innovative! Training sucks!!!! Please create better material!!!

Stop trying to manage multiple projects. Focus on one thing at a time and find a better way to communicate with your employees, especially with the field staff. Boost employee morale!!! Show your employees you care about them.

great

Current Employee - Cashier in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Cashier in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good money and nice people.

Cons

too many lazy ppl in the department.

Clients make the job very rewarding- it's dollar coaster journey for both the client and consultant

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Office staff makes the daily job enjoyable

Cons

Company does not care about their staff, it's only about the revenue

Long term employees shouldn't be penalized with wages due to a changes with management staff

Employee for 10 yrs in New Jersey market

Current Employee - JCC
    Current Employee - JCC

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Helping clients get to an maintain there goal weight. Some times being a therapist to my clients as well as a friend.

Cons

Very underpaid, not getting reconnized for the hard work an dedication that you gave to the company. With the new compensation plan I will be making $7,000 less then the previous year an about $20,000 less from 4 yrs ago. An now after 10 yrs you can no longer get a raise. The worst thing is I will be making the same compensation as some consultants who didn't have clients . As well as some centers who should have closed down already.

Pay the Jcc's individually by there hard work and dedication and there clientele . Because not every employee made money for the company. Some were just skating by for a paycheck

Micromanaged, horrible scheduling practices, expendable sales staff

Current Employee - Program Director in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Program Director in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Help people try to lose weight.
    Pay for mileage for my position

Cons

Not enough pay for the work expectations.
    Not much room for advancement.
    Non-managerial staff was treated as if they had no life outside of JC.

Don't complain right along with the staff.

the training is great but the job stinks

Former Employee - Sales Consultant/Program Director in Newton, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant/Program Director in Newton, MA

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

the nutrition and sales training was great background for the employees
    employee discount was wonderful

Cons

all the company was worried about was how much food and yearly programs you sold. the customers don't understand how to stay heathy after they finish the program.the company had a poor support system for their clients when they were struggling to maintain their weight. it backfired on us-sales consultants and program directors. not great benefits and
    management couldn't control their employees.

manage your sales consultants properly and fairly
    dont let one sales consultant steal all of the clients

Company doesn't care much for its employees

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in South Florida, FL
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in South Florida, FL

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, except when understaffed and you can't take time off.

Cons

Terrible pay. Constant restructuring. Short staffed

Those of us that work in the centers love what we do and believe in what we do. You need to take a good look at your area market directors, etc...they do not care about anything but the numbers.

Very fun people to work with except some of the stuck up ones.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Always something to do. You are pretty much guaranteed 40 hours a week. Fun driving forklifts.

Cons

Not a lot of room for growth. You are stuck in one spot. If you are not a favorite you will feel it.

Jenny Craig Photos