Jenny Craig

Updated January 28, 2015
Updated January 28, 2015
2.3

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people to reach their goals is a wonderful experience (in 45 reviews)

• All employees receive a good opportunity to lose weight on the Jenny Craig program (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care (in 27 reviews)

• Our center director doesn't really motivate us just wants to be our friend more (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Your loosing your best employees!

Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

New Management is seeing the vision of the company. they got rid of most of their narcissistic managers. Meeting new people and helping them with their weightloss.

Cons

hours being cut, commission taken away, compensation unfair, no advancement. clients favorite foods are being taken away.

START ADVERTISING AND STOP CUTTING OUR HOURS! OUTSIDE MARKETING IS A WAISTE OF TIME! 20LBS FOR $20! THEY STILL CALL ABOUT THAT!

Management needs to reconsider payscale

Former Employee - Program Consultant in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Program Consultant in Memphis, TN

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The best part was helping clients with their weight loss and seeing results each week.

Cons

the money and expectations were not in sync. Very low pay for the job we did. Very hard to retain clients due to food price.

Please pay your employees more and maybe reduce the cost of the food.

Franchise Jenny Craig

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

nice working center - colorful, clean, friendly people in our center. Easy training Dieticians are helpful when you call them. Enjoy helping others lose weight.

Cons

Owners are not taking care of their center. We are sitting ducks as the lease has not been paid in over three months. Landlord is harassing us and owners are leaving us in center to deal with it. Lights are out. And other code violations. No pay raises. No Benefits. No mileage reimbursement when they tell you to go out and market to keep center open. Looks like we're being pushed out of our jobs. Owners call and lie to us and to the Landlord Landlord calls to tell us the lies. If you place a call for help- Corporate doesn't listen. crappy place to be.

Get it together! Stop putting it on your center employees to market. And if you do expect that.. there should be support with mileage.

I loved helping my clients but very poor management.

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Palmdale, CA
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Palmdale, CA

I worked at Jenny Craig part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Very rewarding to help people lose weight

Cons

Under very poor management and center had a low morale.

Is everyone here for the right reasons?

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Miami, FL

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working with the clients is the best part of the job. Lots of satisfaction there. You're helping people everyday to reach their health goals.

Cons

Very few managers are good at managing and training. A lot of employees including management are Prima donnas especially the ones who have been with the company for 5+ years. Compensation is terrible. New compensation package doesn't show any appreciation for consultants. Upper management rarely keeps anyone informed about changes. The center directors and consultants get the whiplash effect of whatever upper management does. Many people are leaving and/or looking for new jobs because of how ridiculous the expectations are between keeping clients active and motivated , and keeping the center deposit high. If you wanna make money now you have to work ridiculous hours and that's IF your center can afford to have u working full time hours.

Consider your consultants! They are the ones keeping your clients in the centers. Not upper management and rarely center directors.

Nice job.... if only the pay was better

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Love helping people on their weight loss journey. Very rewarding in that respect. Great co-workers. Hours can be flexible

Cons

new pay structure puts a cap on earning potential. It is not a livable salary. Company does not value their hard working employees.

Seems like you guys are trying to bail from a sinking ship. Unfortunately you're throwing you're employees overboard so you can stay a float. Doesn't work that way. Wake up

Great people to work with but company is slowly crumbling!!

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

I love the people I work with. Advancement opportunities are available. Pay is better if you work at the corporate office. Company store with okay prices and discounts on Jenny Craig food.

Cons

Hardly any employee perks. Company seems lost and the employee morale is very low. A lot of layoffs recently and there are a lot of current employees that are looking to leave the company. Not innovative! Training sucks!!!! Please create better material!!!

Stop trying to manage multiple projects. Focus on one thing at a time and find a better way to communicate with your employees, especially with the field staff. Boost employee morale!!! Show your employees you care about them.

the training is great but the job stinks

Former Employee - Sales Consultant/Program Director in Newton, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant/Program Director in Newton, MA

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than a year)

Pros

the nutrition and sales training was great background for the employees
    employee discount was wonderful

Cons

all the company was worried about was how much food and yearly programs you sold. the customers don't understand how to stay heathy after they finish the program.the company had a poor support system for their clients when they were struggling to maintain their weight. it backfired on us-sales consultants and program directors. not great benefits and
    management couldn't control their employees.

manage your sales consultants properly and fairly
    dont let one sales consultant steal all of the clients

Jenny Craig Corporate Headquarters

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Awesome work environment. The facility is spacious, the people are great to work with, location can't be beat. Only 5 minutes away from the beach. I love it here. Great perks- occasional catered food, a workout gym with complimentary work out classes. Organized organization who doesn't stray from the soul of it's core values. The attitude here is just that- everyone is helpful all around.

Cons

No cons to review at this time.

Down Hill

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Helping people lose weight/feel better about themselves. Working there for over five years has really strengthened my knowledge of proper nutrition and weight loss. I have also become a therapist without meaning to. Too bad it was without therapist pay.

Cons

Company has been going downhill for a long time. They waste money on printing nonsense marketing tools that we end up trashing. They should give that money to the employees. Business is VERY slow. Now they have given us an hourly wage with no commission and then... they cut hours! So much for giving us a wage we can live on! Wow! Thanks Jenny!

Don't know what to say at this point. It's just too late.

Jenny Craig Photos