Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated September 19, 2014
Updated September 19, 2014
2.2

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people change their lifestyles to achieve and maintain their weight loss goals (in 31 reviews)

• Great/Healthy way to lose weight when the program is followed (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care (in 24 reviews)

• Manipulative Market Directors, long hours without lunches and low pay (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Good place to start your business career, but don't expect much mobility

Current Employee - Center Director  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Center Director in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than a year

Pros

This place has a very friendly atmosphere and the clients are fantastic. It is amazing to watch clients go through a life-changing transformation.

Cons

Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care. They are focused more on hitting quotas and retaining clients than actually creating a healthy work environment. Salary is not great at all, and if you hate being put on the spot in front of everyone in a training/sales scenario, this is not the place for you. Calling you out in meetings is the crux of how they train sales with employees. I personally feel that humiliation is often the result and do not pursue this practice as a manager.

Pay and benefits are rather sad in this company. If you increased pay and benefits, you would ultimately experience a lower turn-over rate. You would also have more driven employees. Also, training for sales and calls should be an individual training event between a manager and subordinate. Stop with the round-robins and group displays. It's not a productive practice and often alienates those that struggle instead of giving personal training and counseling in their weaker areas.

Emotionally Rewarding

Current Employee - Centre Director
    Current Employee - Centre Director

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The program works! Becoming a cohesive weight loss program.

Cons

Upper Management has no concept of employee engagement. There is not enough focus on celebrating the consultants (the core of the business). Time to increase wages and celebrate the hard work of this position.

Time to increase wages and celebrate the hard work of this position.

Confidence underminer

Former Employee - Centre Director
    Former Employee - Centre Director

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Jenny Craig employees tend to be "people" persons, that is, they like and care about others, are warm and easy to get to know, and generally have a pretty good sense of humor. I met so many wonderful coworkers over my eight years with this company. Working toward goals and sales quotas both as individuals and as a team was stressful at times, but quite fun at others. Hearing client stories and motivations, and helping people make changes in their lives was rewarding.

Cons

Upper management was completely disconnected from the front line. Trainings developed by home office were insulting and written as if they believed consultants were intellectually inferior. When delivering corporate written training to my staff, they generally became angered and saddened by the obviousness of how little upper management thought of them and their intelligence. Mid level managers focused on role play, role play, role play for how to handle working with clients, but most times were completely inept and off-putting in their interaction with real life customers. The sad thing is, most employees at this company truly believe in the weight loss program, but have no respect for the company or the way it has been run. There is no room for creativity or critical thought. You go along with what the completely out of touch management team spouts, or you are targeted for removal. It is little wonder to me that this company continues to perform so poorly. They are completely out of touch with what customers and employees want. Hence the Mariah Carey debacle of a few years back.

Get over your insecurity and actually listen to the people doing the job from which you have completely insulated yourselves. You would never use the dialog you expect staff to use if you were truly interacting with a customer. Spend more money on market research and make smarter decisions. Stop trying to be everything to everyone, pick a target demographic and market to that.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An ok job.

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time for less than a year

Pros

I like helping people with their health goals. I like the 2-3 week training at the beginning. I like the teamwork. It's quite fulfilling and satisfying. i like that they can cover my shift quite easily if I need to take time off.

If i didn't like working with most of the people in my team, i wouldn't stay.

Cons

You are paid pretty much the minimum wage to consult to clients - and consulting can sometimes be emotionally demanding. You also have to consult, take the menu order and pack food for clients in less than 20 min each. When you have clients booked, one after each other, all day long, it can be exhausting, stressful and tiring. The commissions are so little, they are not worth the stress and minimum pay.

You will need a second job, a financially supportive partner or to live back with your parents if you want to make this your career - otherwise you can't support yourself on this salary!

Since the arrival of the new CEO/owners means that most Weight Loss consultants' hours have been cut in the name of productivity. They will surely, maybe sooner, find out that we will not be able to deliver the high level of service in the less time to service clients, creating stress and dissatisfaction for the both the consultant and the clients.

Pay the consultants more and you'll get more loyalty, focus and commitment back.

Thank You - Finally!

Current Employee - Jenny Craig Home Office Employee  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Jenny Craig Home Office Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Helping clients lose weight, co-workers and work location.

Cons

Lots of changes without the test of time, management doesn't listen to employees, HR practices that make no sense and bossy people. But I'm going to give the new management a chance to make things better.

Thank you for shedding the mean blonde duo at the top; they will not be missed and did not have the company's best interest in mind or any sense of professionalism, personal accountability or ethics. Talk about one covering for the other and then calling it legal - what a joke. We're in much better shape now. Nestle was fooled by them but thank goodness you weren't.

Worthy and challenging.

I have been working at Jenny Craig

Pros

Rewarding service and support to help clients and staff experience personal success.

Cons

Numerable change of corporate ownership since Jenny and Sid Craig started program. Some values changed or lost.

Stop losing great employees...create realistic salary ranges that reflect performance and skills.

Used to be a great place work

I worked at Jenny Craig

Pros

The clients are amazing, and you really do help change lives. Have learned a lot about listening to what people really need/ want.

Cons

Things change all the time. We are expected to do more without be compensated for the extra work. They do not value their front line. The commission scale and base pay has not been adjusted in years. Can not afford to live on own or without a second job working here. IT seems like the company does not know where it's going anymore.

Listen to your consultants, we are the front line when it comes to dealing with clients. Change can be good, but so much change without compensation is not so good. Do something to show you care about who works here.

Marketing Department is a Cluster, IT Department is Outdated

Former Employee - Marketing Position
    Former Employee - Marketing Position

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for less than a year

Pros

Health Insurance Benefits are always a great pro at any company.

Cons

The marketing department is essentially a comedy of errors. Flakes and slackers producing uninspired work put-out that is coasting on old, tired procedures, campaigns and processes. The digital marketing group especially has seen turnover something fierce - and not because of the layoffs, but from people being flat-out fired. The IT department is run by people who do not know their technology, especially leadership at the service management level. We all have wondered why the lay-offs have not reeled in certain folks. It is no wonder the company was sold off for a song.

Perhaps remove those who have done nothing to remain abreast in their fields - especially those in the IT department. Marketing should crack the core clique at the leadership level and bring in new talent.

An OK company

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

30hrs is full time, discount on food

Cons

Scheduling can be tough with split shifts being very common. Management is often terrible within this company. Hard to advance

Consultant

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

It's great to be able to help customers to loose weight.

Cons

Training is very basic.
    No place to advance .
    An for those consultant that are bilingual, who bring lots of customers,do not get better pay.
    Impossible to express opinions if it goes against management.

Let the employee express their opinion. The consultant are the ones that are always in contact with the customers, so they know what the customers really wants. So take in consideration if they have an opinion.

Worked for Jenny Craig? Contribute to the Community!