Jenny Craig

Employer Engaged

rewarding

Former Employee - Centre Director
    Former Employee - Centre Director

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

You get to meet new people and help them change their lives. The hours are great.

Cons

Most are doing the job of 2-3 people. The company is consistently changing for the better but sometimes it's too much change at once.

change the way of leads coming in...
    There should be a way for Directors to communicate with one another to feed off ideas and keep the motivation going.
    Have Consultants team up with another team member from another state. They can at then bring ideas to one other keep each other motivated.
    There is a lot that can be done that hasn't been done that is really simple.

Too many good people stuck in a bad situation

Current Employee - IT Department in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - IT Department in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are genuinely good people working at Jenny - they are the reason I stayed as long as I did.

Cons

Bad pay, long hours, no room for growth, gross mismanagement.

Lighten up, let people have a little fun.

No support from local leaders

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working with the people. The employees and the members were great.

Cons

There is no support from management. Pay changes mean lower pay and less hours. They expect employees to work open to close 6-7 days a week and be grateful when sent home on 3 hour breaks.

Rethink the local management structure. Evaluate not only employees but allow employees to evaluate their managers to let corporate know where things need to change instead of allowing managers to pull the wool over corporates eyes when they walk in.

New Compensation......Sucks

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working with clients~~motivating and encouraging them on their journey. Waking up in the morning excited by the thought of "whose life to I get to change today"?
    LOVE my Center Director and staff.

Cons

Let me start by saying I was a client in the 1990's and lost over 100 lbs - this company changed my life so it is with a heavy heart that I write a negative review. The food is expensive and I am receiving negative comments about the quality of the foods from clients since the new changes. I work hard calling clients to get them back on the program - just last week I had 4 RTA's back for a week and they quit this week due to poor food quality (taste has changed and not for the better, portions smaller, some packages are not sealed - fruit removed for french toast is a HUGE sore spot for most clients to name a few) and the expense of the food. I understand that the company needs to be profitable - but it's hard to sell the food when other pre-packaged foods on the market are much less expensive and there is little to no difference in the quality now.
    The new compensation plan - well sucks. I was with the company for 3 yrs and left to help in our family business. I came back 2 years ago and with JC business being down, took a significant pay cut due to lower commissions. I love the job so I figured I would trade lower wages for doing something I love. I had high hopes for the new compensation plan. My previous years of experience are not being considered. What this means is that a new employee coming in off the street with NO experience will make the same as me - with close to 5 yrs experience. My base is now $16,200 BEFORE taxes.....really? This is not a living wage - once income taxes, health insurance and gas to get to and from work are removed I will net $475.00/month. This is not a typo - that's $475.00 PER MONTH!! In looking at the bonus structure, IF and this is a big IF our center meets the 120% to quota - well then I will make 60% of what i used to make.
    BREAKS MY HEART what is becoming of this company. I hope this generates the profits the company is looking for - but you are alienating clients and hard working JCC's can no longer afford to work here anymore.

Rethink what you are doing - low quality expensive food and employees that are no longer motivated - is this really a recipe for success? I really have no suggestions because upper management clearly has an agenda and doesn't care that the majority of their employees are now living well below the poverty line. How will new employees relate to clients that can afford this program - huge class gap! Hey I know - maybe some counseling on how to apply for food stamps or other government assistance!

Program Director

Former Employee - Program Director
    Former Employee - Program Director

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Monthly training Sessions for all Program Directors

Cons

Pay sucks for pd's if you don't have people coming to start up again or to start. You rarely get to see clients that you started up unless it is to renew their memberships. Management has unrealistic goals as far as monthly sales go unless your in a highly populated health conscious area. They also don't actually care about what will help the customers, instead its all about only jenny products and how to take more of their money. Monthly meetings were a joke where they tell you about what areas are doing the best and tell you that you need to do better, everyone is fake in their intent and it's a day of management attempting to improve sales by calling out what has worked in the past.

Company philosophy is failing big time. No one makes decent money unless they are management. You cut back hours for program directors and consultants when those are the people who keep centers going instead of changing the business plan. My center closed shortly after I left because there weren't enough people coming through the doors and that will continue to happen all over.

Clients make the job very rewarding- it's dollar coaster journey for both the client and consultant

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Office staff makes the daily job enjoyable

Cons

Company does not care about their staff, it's only about the revenue

Long term employees shouldn't be penalized with wages due to a changes with management staff

Truth be told!

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Love the opportunity to help change peoples lives. Teaches skill set in sales and valued service. Take the opportunity to absorb techniques to use in every day life and for advancement.

Cons

Changes!...hmmm..what company has not been evaluating their best financial and strategic moves to support the constant changes in their business. Is there really a company that has started paying their employees more in the midst of rebuilding their empire? No! All Employees need to have faith and pride in what they do and why they do it! The expectations of some individuals are unrealistic as it is. Reap what you sew..you get what you give.. what happened to hard work? My cons are not with the company..we all have choices where we want to be. .my cons are in the negative. ..especially when we preach progress not perfection. ...remember?

If anything maybe being a little more transparent. Allowing employees at all levels to have a voice. Letting them in a little more.Its like being a parent. .. when our child gets in trouble we will defend them automatically ..all the way to the end. However, if we find out they were withholding information we don't feel so good about that. Just something to think about.
    And only complaint I have. .health care..crazy expensive and huge deductibles. The way it was handled this year was not the best at all. Can we maybe have options of who we would like to go through?

Some growth opportunites, but mostly a painful experience.

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Helping people to reach their goals is a wonderful experience. Most of the staff at Jenny are interesting and commited people.

Cons

Management style is abusive and a one way street. They are not concerned about the staff in the company. Many demands and very little giving.

Learn to treat people with respect.

In a downward spiral.

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The best part about working for Jenny Craig is watching the transformation of women and men as they lose weight. Being a part of a person's life changing event is priceless and that's why I've stayed as long as I have. The other pro is the relationships I've developed with my co-workers. We are like family.

Cons

So many...No room for advancement, most recently, the new compensation plan for employees over 10 years. It's a joke. CD bonus plan was revamped but they took money from our average bonuses to put at the very top tiers. Management has added responsibility of grassroots marketing. Business to Business, walking the streets handing out flyers, but with no additional compensation. It seems the new company has management running in circles, without focus being on the most important thing: the client.

Get the focus back on the client and employees and do more research on local marketing. It's the most ancient form of marketing, totally outdated. Stop forcing folks who do not have aggressive personalities to have one. You can't train someone to have a different personality.

No Place to Go

Former Employee - Program Director in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Program Director in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You are able to help people lose weight and make a difference in their lives

Cons

There is no room for advancement. The company is constantly changing. The pay is TERRIBLE. The hours can be long and you spend a lot of time calling people who don't want to come back and lose weight.

Get some consistency and pay people what they deserve.

Jenny Craig Photos