Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated April 25, 2015
320 reviews filtered by

Great people to work with but company is slowly crumbling!!

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

I love the people I work with. Advancement opportunities are available. Pay is better if you work at the corporate office. Company store with okay prices and discounts on Jenny Craig food.

Cons

Hardly any employee perks. Company seems lost and the employee morale is very low. A lot of layoffs recently and there are a lot of current employees that are looking to leave the company. Not innovative! Training sucks!!!! Please create better material!!!

Advice to Management

Stop trying to manage multiple projects. Focus on one thing at a time and find a better way to communicate with your employees, especially with the field staff. Boost employee morale!!! Show your employees you care about them.

Down Hill

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Helping people lose weight/feel better about themselves. Working there for over five years has really strengthened my knowledge of proper nutrition and weight loss. I have also become a therapist without meaning to. Too bad it was without therapist pay.

Cons

Company has been going downhill for a long time. They waste money on printing nonsense marketing tools that we end up trashing. They should give that money to the employees. Business is VERY slow. Now they have given us an hourly wage with no commission and then... they cut hours! So much for giving us a wage we can live on! Wow! Thanks Jenny!

Advice to Management

Don't know what to say at this point. It's just too late.

Great overall environment and co-workers...low pay

Former Employee - Program Director
    Former Employee - Program Director

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helping people lose weight & get healthy , coworkers were great

Cons

Low pay, upper management - interesting

Advice to Management

Increase pay & listen to your employees

Company will be out of business soon...

Current Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Developing relationships with clients and fellow co-workers. Many of my co-workers whom I have had the pleasure of working alongside, have many talents and strengths they are wasting in a dead end job. We have all tried to tough it out through the challenging times the company has seen but most are realizing they deserve better.

Cons

Low pay. When I say low, I mean very close to poverty level. Most employees (center management and below) can not live off of the salary they are paid. There has been a recent change in the compensation plan in which both center managers and consultants will be taking pay decreases. This company has been losing money year over year and now centers have unrealistic targets to hit because the company has not been profitable for some time. Most current employees are searching for other employment because so many people are unhappy. Also, no room to grow within the company anymore as they are restructuring and cutting out positions left and right.

Advice to Management

Too many new changes that are not beneficial to field employees. You are pushing loyal and over qualified employees out the door by making them feel disposable and devalued. Wake up people, that's not how you save a sinking ship! Jenny has seen its day. Time to move on.

Working in my centre is wonderful, but working under the corporate management is a nightmare.

Current Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love getting to know the clients, and celebrating their successes with them. My coworkers are also some of the most amazing people I've ever had the opportunity to work with. My job is pretty much to facilitate everyone else's jobs, which I like because it means I get to help people help people! What can be better than that?

Cons

Every time I hear something from corporate, or from an operations manager, or from any other manager, it always gives me a terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. Emails from higher-ups are insulting, either because they are actually flat-out insulting everyone in the centre, or because they are assuming that everyone in the centre is braindead. All of the actually important information in any corporate communication gets drowned out by pages and pages of noninformation, to the point where my coworkers actually started asking me to write single-page breakdowns that we started calling "cheat sheets". I also had to keep an updated list of all of the new and ongoing promotions, along with their associated product and discount codes, because we were only ever given the codes for each promotion as they came up; there was no single reference for all of the current codes. Our centre's director has been largely absent ever since she took on the title; I can probably count on one hand the number of times that I have seen her in the centre. While this means that our centre is often completely out of such trivialities as sellable products, printer ink, and toilet paper, her presence only creates a more stressful work environment. She is constantly telling me that my job is unnecessary, and if I ask her for any information, her answer is that it's "none of my concern". She's worse on the phone, though: one time I had to call her to ask her what to do about a $300 discrepancy in inventory, and she yelled at me over the phone, asking me how I dared to call her on what I hadn't known was her day off; I was literally in tears by the time she hung up on me. Our previous centre directors weren't much better, causing my coworkers to wonder why Jenny Craig seems to only promote the power-hungry. The pay structure has recently changed for the worse, too: when I was hired more than a year ago, I was told that I would start at $10/hour, and would have a pay evaluation once a year. My one-year anniversary came right after the pay structure changed in a way that eliminated pay evaluations, as well as pay raises for Customer Service Coordinators. (Well, it *might* have. When I asked my centre director if I was getting a pay raise after working there for a year, she said she didn't know if CSC's got pay raises anymore, so she wasn't going to give me one.) Quota bonuses have also gone down significantly: the only way to get a quota bonus equal to the previous one is to exceed quota by more than 125%; every other bonus is up to almost 30% less than it used to be. (Yes, I did the math.) When the centre director decided to cut my hours back to 1/3 of what they were, I was given less than 12 hours notice of the change before it went into effect; when she laid me off the very next week, I was given less than a week's notice. When I asked if I could stay employed if I trained as a consultant, since one of our consultants is retiring at the end of the month, the centre director said that she was trying to preserve the other consultants' jobs, first, so she was going to ask a consultant from another centre to replace the one retiring at ours. I guess she couldn't help telling me I was worthless to her, just one last time.

Advice to Management

APPRECIATE YOUR EMPLOYEES. Seriously, I could have happily worked through anything you threw at me, if you just gave me one tiny reason to think that the effort was appreciated. My coworkers were great about supporting each other, but not once was there ever a hint of anything similar from those higher up. In fact, it was whenever we heard from management that we often needed to support each other the most. So yeah, appreciate your employees, at least enough to trust them when they tell you that the centre is almost out of toilet paper.

the training is great but the job stinks

Former Employee - Sales Consultant/Program Director in Newton, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant/Program Director in Newton, MA

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the nutrition and sales training was great background for the employees
    employee discount was wonderful

Cons

all the company was worried about was how much food and yearly programs you sold. the customers don't understand how to stay heathy after they finish the program.the company had a poor support system for their clients when they were struggling to maintain their weight. it backfired on us-sales consultants and program directors. not great benefits and
    management couldn't control their employees.

Advice to Management

manage your sales consultants properly and fairly
    dont let one sales consultant steal all of the clients

I work with the best co-workers imaginable. Rewarding helping people lose weight and make positive lifestyle changes!

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

One on one interactions with clients, while seeing their progress and success makes it very worthwhile for me to come to work everyday. I have developed wonderful relationships with many of my clients that I truly care about. I feel that I, in conjunction with the Jenny Craig program, have made a significant impact on the lives of many of my clients . The people I work with have become my friends....we enjoy working together, and spending time together outside of work. The Jenny Craig plan does work!

Cons

I have been cautiously optimistic in awaiting the new compensation package for consultants. I am intelligent enough to understand that the new management was not going to just increase our wages to what we are entitled to, and what would then be a livable salary. However.....I am stunned at my new salary. Over the last several years, I have made less money each year, due to the downward spiral of Jenny Craig. With my new salary, my base is $15,000 less than what I made a few years ago. Based on our new quota bonus plan, it seems extremely unlikely, actually impossible, that I could even make what I made last year, let alone what I made the previous years. So, those of us who actually did pretty well with the commission structure, like myself, will be significantly hurt financially with this new plan. The company should be prepared to lose many wonderful, long-term, dedicated employees.

Advice to Management

Re-think this compensation plan. Will the quota bonuses really be attainable?? In my center, we need to hit 120%,or thereabouts, of quota every month for most of us to make what we used to make. Expect a mass exodus of great employees if changes are not made quickly. The salaries for consultants are just not livable.

Love the job itself. The company has taken a huge turn in the wrong direction

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Jenny Craig

Pros

What we do every day is fantastic. The people i work with are caring and motivated.

Cons

Pay, turnover, morale, slow business

Advice to Management

Pay attention to why some of your best employees are leaving

Very fun people to work with except some of the stuck up ones.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Always something to do. You are pretty much guaranteed 40 hours a week. Fun driving forklifts.

Cons

Not a lot of room for growth. You are stuck in one spot. If you are not a favorite you will feel it.

Employee for 10 yrs in New Jersey market

Current Employee - JCC
    Current Employee - JCC

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Helping clients get to an maintain there goal weight. Some times being a therapist to my clients as well as a friend.

Cons

Very underpaid, not getting reconnized for the hard work an dedication that you gave to the company. With the new compensation plan I will be making $7,000 less then the previous year an about $20,000 less from 4 yrs ago. An now after 10 yrs you can no longer get a raise. The worst thing is I will be making the same compensation as some consultants who didn't have clients . As well as some centers who should have closed down already.

Advice to Management

Pay the Jcc's individually by there hard work and dedication and there clientele . Because not every employee made money for the company. Some were just skating by for a paycheck

Jenny Craig Photos