Jenny Craig Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Its a joy to love what you do.

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Passionate about my career. It is powerful to work in a female dominated career path. I value the experience of working at Jenny.

Cons

Work/life balance is a challenge. Salary & benefits is an issue.

Advice to Management

Honor the employees in the field. Our whole business is a direct reflection of our consultants and they do not feel that.

Great experience, but the windows of opportunity are closing.

Former Employee - Center Director in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Center Director in Austin, TX

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with the clients is a fantastic experience. Sales are very easy and there is not too much pressure. Very easy to work your way to Center Director if you are driven and want it. I was a Center Director within 8 months of starting.

Cons

Pay is horribly low. The company is not doing incredibly well, so the opportunity for further promotions has become almost non-existent. If you are a guy, it can be a challenging work environment.

Management is trying to make changes, but is it enough

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love helping my clients and my co-workers are great. We get a discount on food and I have benefits. I think the new comp plan could be good but we have to see it.

Cons

Schedules are not regular and I have to work weekends. My manager is constantly stressed out. The training we have is remedial and does not help me. We barely see the market manager here and she really doesn't even know us or what is happening in our centre. It pays like a retail job (maybe a little higher if we make our bonuses).

Advice to Management

Update and change the program so clients have a new reason to come to us. What worked 25 years ago needs to be freshened up in 2015! Get managers more training and get senior managers to be here more so they understand what we go throgh everyday.

5. Company clearly only interested in bottom line.

I worked at Jenny Craig

Pros

Discounts on the food (if you're on the program) is about the only pro I can think of. Co-workers are nice.

Cons

Hours are split shifts; salary and commission is very low.

Advice to Management

Raise the commission rates and perhaps there won't be so much turn-over among the sales associates.

Now jenny gets less quality of work from employees by cutting pay

Former Employee - Program Consultant
    Former Employee - Program Consultant

I worked at Jenny Craig

Pros

working with clients working (sometimes) with great staff center directors willing to work to make schedule to work for you never had trouble taking PTO

Cons

I worked for jenny for 20 years as a consultant and when my hourly wage was increased by $1.00 per hour, all commissions taken away, and was told quota bonus's would make up the difference with commissions --- I knew they were lying -- yes they lied. With the new hourly wage -- other consultants who had been with the company for 10 years got $3-4 hourly increase and I got the $1 -- that gave me the highest dollar per hour allowable. My center got some sort of quota bonus only 4 times in 1 year -- not enough to live on!!!! My total salary went down 49% year over year. I have been a top producer every year with jenny.

Advice to Management

I have noticed that consultants, center directors, all staff -- no one works as hard or goes out of their way to do extra because there is NO reward. When your salary is cut anywhere from 30%-50% a year -- most feel like there is NO appreciation from corporate. Just wonder how they would have liked their pay cut 30%-50% -- maybe then they would have some understanding. Jenny has been losing money !! It is going to be hard to get quality, smart, and reliable employees if salaries are not raised. I think jenny is getting what they are paying for -- retail sales of food. When I complained about new salary that's what I was told -- you are selling retail -- like selling shoes !!

7. Program Sales

I worked at Jenny Craig

Pros

Fast paced, awesome training, positive environment

Cons

Salary could be better, but over all good company

I loved my direct boss

Current Employee - Centre Director
    Current Employee - Centre Director

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Helping people is great and it was always challenging. The skills learned in the weight loss industry are transferable almost anywhere.

Cons

The pay was truly insulting. Way below the industry standard and I was a top performer who constantly met quota and fiscal goals. The more the company struggled the more we had to cut employee hours and increase our own for coverage purposes. In my last 6 months I was working 6 days a week and open to close for most of them. I like hard work but if you divided my salary by hours worked I'm pretty sure it came out to minimum wage. We even had to work on the 4th of July and other holidays. It was exhausting.

Advice to Management

Practice employee engagement and don't just preach it.

Awful

I worked at Jenny Craig

Pros

Discount food if you really want to eat that processed crap.

Cons

Awful culture and people that don't care about health or wellbeing. Toxic to the max.

It was all about food and program sales.

Former Employee - Program Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Program Director in New York, NY

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved interacting with clients; seeing results (not frequently) and most of my co-workers were very hard workers. The pay was good at times but never consistent. The employee discount was generous!

Cons

My compensation was based on sales so it was all about money and not so much about helping clients. The base pay is low because it's technically retail, so the company does not attract good quality employees. Training is good but it's not enough to produce quality service. Benefits could be better but this was four years ago, they may be better.

Advice to Management

Compensation should not be based on sales; it creates a greedy environment and clients know it so they lose trust in the program. Management should create a safe atmosphere for employees to go to them with concern, questions or suggestions without retaliation from involved parties. Bonuses should be based on clients' successes.

Company treats their employees like "CRAP"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at Jenny Craig

Pros

Helping client who are struggling with their weight!

Cons

This company SUCKS.....I was a Consultant 10 years and I stayed because my heart was sympathetic to helping people. The base salary was horrible and you maybe got a .2cent pay raise every couple years. Management truly does not care about their employees (especially the consultants), who pay the salary of the fat cats in corporate. We had no voice and were NEVER appreciated or valued as an employee. It was like working in a sweat shop in a 3rd world country. No one and I mean No one ever listened to suggestions or recommendations we heard as consultants directly from our clients. They did NOT care or give a Damn.....all they cared about was making quota to fill the pockets of the fat cats in corporate.

Advice to Management

Why would I give advice to Management when they have deaf ears....YOU NEVER HAVE AND NEVER WILL CARE ABOUT YOUR EMPLOYEES!

RSS Feed </> Embed