Jenny Craig

Updated December 20, 2014
Updated December 20, 2014
2.2

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people to reach their goals is a wonderful experience (in 45 reviews)

• All employees receive a good opportunity to lose weight on the Jenny Craig program (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care (in 27 reviews)

• Our center director doesn't really motivate us just wants to be our friend more (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Consultant

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It's great to be able to help customers to loose weight.

Cons

Training is very basic.
    No place to advance .
    An for those consultant that are bilingual, who bring lots of customers,do not get better pay.
    Impossible to express opinions if it goes against management.

Let the employee express their opinion. The consultant are the ones that are always in contact with the customers, so they know what the customers really wants. So take in consideration if they have an opinion.

Not promising

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

generally have worked with great people, the company itself is fantastic, and really does help people lose weight and change their lives.

Cons

Changes in senior leadership, & ownership have led to a very conflicted and intensely ambiguous work environment. Continual restructuring, and downsizing have increased the work-load for many, causing increased stress and decreased motivation.

Customer Care Coordinator

Current Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun coworkers and centre director. Clients are also very nice, depending on the day. Good job while in college.

Cons

Their technology could be better. I think now that it is owned by Nestle, they should be able to afford better technology for their staff.

Push corporate for help with new equipment.

Don't expect more than a sales position

Current Employee - Program Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Program Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Seeing people transform
    Great hours
    Good benefits
    Great co-workers
    Rewarded for all efforts
    I really like my position as a PC. The thing that makes this job fun is having a great boss and team members. I have never worked for someone like my current boss. I have heard many stories of people hating this job or the company and I think it usually comes down to who is directly managing you. This is a sales position and you work on commission. I do like that aspect but I think many people go into this job thinking they're going to a counselor. No, you are there to sell and make sure clients get the results they want. I am very involved with my clients and try my hardest to help them no matter what they spend. But it's a sales position first.

Cons

Inflexible schedule
    Hearing excuses all day
    Company is poorly managed
    Company's focus changes weekly
    Sometimes the company wants you to focus on your weight loss percent. Or your sales. Or your client retention. Sometimes they want you to follow a script. Sometimes they want you to be natural and not use a script. It's changes to often that it becomes confusing and exhausting to have to pretend to be excited about the new focus. I was told to act like I was talking to a friend on the phone. And my boss was like yay! We just ask natural questions and have a laid back conversation. I was like okay I can do that. That makes it easier! Then the next month it was yay! We have a script and we have direction with how the conversation will flow. It's not just the phone dialogue, with this compan it is EVERYTHING. I believe it has to do with the fact that the company does not make any significant profit any ore and there is no one at the helm of this ship. It's floundering and they are grasping at straws trying to figure out what strategy will work best. Honestly, I do not think this company will be around very long. The computers and software and way we do things is so outdated. They try to catch up but they are so slow- I mean we JUST came out with an app- hello?! It's 2014 but when I go to work it feels like 2005. They took so long to try and rebrand themselves but because they were stuck in the 90s until a few years ago I think it will be really hard to pull in a larger demographic.

Have a clear message for your employees. People need direction and consistency. Changing and evolving is good but flip flopping and indecision makes employees uneasy.

Marketing Department is a Cluster, IT Department is Outdated

Former Employee - Marketing Position
    Former Employee - Marketing Position

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Health Insurance Benefits are always a great pro at any company.

Cons

The marketing department is essentially a comedy of errors. Flakes and slackers producing uninspired work put-out that is coasting on old, tired procedures, campaigns and processes. The digital marketing group especially has seen turnover something fierce - and not because of the layoffs, but from people being flat-out fired. The IT department is run by people who do not know their technology, especially leadership at the service management level. We all have wondered why the lay-offs have not reeled in certain folks. It is no wonder the company was sold off for a song.

Perhaps remove those who have done nothing to remain abreast in their fields - especially those in the IT department. Marketing should crack the core clique at the leadership level and bring in new talent.

Center Director

Current Employee - Center Director
    Current Employee - Center Director

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Helping people accomplish their goals. Changing lives. Developing my team & seeing them grow. It's a fun atmosphere to work in. I am very excited with the direction the new company is taking us.

Cons

Pay is low. It's challenging to ask so much of my team, when I know how little they're making. New compensation is being tested in a few markets, and seems to be successful.

Continue improving on outdated policies. Launch a compensation plan that helps our clients and employees succeed.

review

I worked at Jenny Craig

Pros

flexible hours was nice to have

Cons

rate of pay was low for the work involved

Tons of opportunities

Current Employee - Market Director in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Market Director in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Promotable opportunities, flexible schedules, fun energetic enviroment. We cultivate a culture of skilled, caring consultants who literally change the lives of our clients. We provide ongoing training and idea sharing consistently. Company benefits are extensive and full time status at 30 hours weekly.

Cons

Trying to adapt and change the perception of our program to the public.

Stay on course and communicate consistently with the field.

Overall good company and good to work for

Current Employee - Jenny Craig Consultant in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Jenny Craig Consultant in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love working days, and they are pretty flexible with your schedule

Cons

Management could be better with communication.

Company us Going Bankrupt

I have been working at Jenny Craig

Pros

Nice People, Good Starting Industry

Cons

Low Pay, Bad Executive Leadership

Stop Changing Company Goals Every 3 Months. Find a Holding Pattern and Feel The Market

Jenny Craig Photos