Jenzabar Reviews

Updated March 10, 2015
15 reviews filtered by
2.0
Bob Maginn Jr.

1. One Serious Political Cluster (with great products and many many talented and wonderful folks)

I worked at Jenzabar full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I had a very good overall experience at Jenzabar. This was my first corporate job and I learned a great deal. Healthy company $. Good benefits and time-off policies. A nice culture. The sales staff is strong and passionate.
    I WOULD recommend this company to a friend, depending on what they were looking for.

Cons

C-level insanity. HR is terrified of litigation, needs to look a little closer to home and let employees who actually do their jobs well to do them. I applied to this company even though it wasn't a great cultural fit because I wanted to work for and be part of an organization lead by a strong and revolutionary woman, wow.

I don't have experience managing at the executive level. My feeling was that we were cogs essential to the revenue stream, unfortunately necessary--certainly not respected on any level. Political contributions yes, cost of living raises, no.

Management does not appreciate their people.

I worked at Jenzabar

Pros

Awesome benefits! Relatively low stress only because of the manager I had. If you have a good manager you have it made. Good work life balance and flexible schedule. Casual dress code. Loved the people in the office I worked in. My team members were great.

Cons

Salaries are well below market value. No raises since have been given out since 2008, unless you are on a team that deemed important by the company. Jenzabar instead has a bonus plan which is a complete joke. No one understands the plan and most of the time if a written plan is even given out to employees, it is 6 or 9 months into the year.

Senior Management for the most part does not listen to the employees and they fight amongst themselves. They are all out for each other.

CEO is clueless as to how to treat the employees in his company. He is more concerned about politics than his employees. He does not value the hard work and dedication of long term employees or any employee really.

Jenzabar has several bad managers that are dragging the company down and no one does anything to stop these situations.

Listen to what your employees have to say. You might learn something. Reward your employees for their hard work. Yearly raises are important to an employee's self worth and motivation to do a good job. In my time at Jenzabar I worked with a lot of great people who work very hard to make the company sucessful. I have seen many of them defeated because of how they are treated. Your bonus plan is a joke.

Bleeding Clients - can't last long

I have been working at Jenzabar (more than 8 years)

Pros

Some good and committed people in certain roles.

Cons

Can't manage their way out of a paper bag. Have been bleeding clients since Jenzabar got into the higher ed ERP business in 2000. Mismanaged evolution away from six different ERP/SIS systems. CEO more interested in politics than leading the company.

Dump CEO, eliminate silos of self-interest in different product line groups. Put together a coherent product plan to serve increasingly anxious client base.

Great potential unrealized

I have been working at Jenzabar full-time

Pros

Good people. Flexible work schedule. Generally loyal to their employees.

Cons

Often understaffed. Less than market salaries. Lack of unified management direction - competition among business units.

Empower your employees more. Be more open on communicating corporate goals. Stop the silos caused by the business units -- it is very hard to get work done.

No future

I have been working at Jenzabar full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Low stress and some hours flexibility.

Cons

Performance evaluations were meaningless and have now stopped.
    Compensation starts low and will not increase. The only way to get a raise is through promotion and promotions are extremely rare. Promotions are now effectively on hold.
    There are no incentives to retain employees. All the while offshore outsourcing is rapidly increasing.
    Upper management continually hinders mid-level mangers' ability to improve morale.
    Claims made during Job interview are deceptive at best.
    These facts are becoming more widely known, and hiring has become more difficult or impossible.
    Long term goals from upper management oscillate from uselessly vague to impossibly aggressive.

If you value your employees, please do something to show that other than empty words.
    Be aware that false promises made at hiring might get you more employees than noncompetitive compensation would normally allow, but eventually your bad reputation will catch up.

confusing

I worked at Jenzabar full-time

Pros

good people on the ground, good with bonuses, great location

Cons

confusing in terms of direction from management but at the same time you feel very micromanaged, low morale, little to no training, no raises or promotions from year to year, unclear to regular employees how the company is doing

A company with multiple, contradictory agendas

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Jenzabar full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people. Flex time. Location.

Cons

Lack of management oversight of staff, CEO politically connected (the former head of the republican party in Massachusetts) and brings that political agenda to the office. A lot of resources are allocated to a non-profit that is not directly related to the business. A strong silo mentality between product lines, not enough interaction between the company locations.

Lacking integrity and consistency

Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Jenzabar full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company offers some remote work flexibility but this is dependent upon your location, position, and/or manager. The benefits are decent for a company of this size.

Cons

Positions within the company are non descript and do not have a related job description. Additionally, there is not a designated career path. With that said, it is very hard to get promoted on tenure, just at managers discretion. As many of the prior reviewers stated, there are no raises in this company. They have a loosely bound "incentive" program. Upon interviewing you will be provided with some rough outlines as to incentive being based on your performance and company performance (sales/profit). Essentially, it is all discretionary based. More employees are unhappy with the compensation plan and are happy. Pending your project you will have very narrow predetermined delivery dates based on the latest sale. If you miss this date your incentive will be nil. There are pockets of very good technicians but they are overshadowed by the politics and convenience of long standing relationships. Lacking in any type of values or integrity.

The employees in the trenches drive this organization. The delivery on tight schedules and are often set up for failure by sales.

Jenzabar

I worked at Jenzabar full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

flexible, work life balance, management usually willing to use your skills in other areas than your role when your area is slow

Cons

downsizing, pay, communication almost non-existent regarding personal development, career path not defined, management will often be dishonest and vague

Be fair

Decent but could be better

I worked at Jenzabar

Pros

flexible scheduling for home based people

Cons

good ole boy system in place

diversity helps, be fair to all