Jeppesen Sanderson

Updated November 20, 2014
2.9

Jeppesen Sanderson President and CEO Mark Van Tine
Mark Van Tine

Pros
  • Work/life balance is better than most places (in 11 reviews)

• Being part of the Boeing family of companies does lead to good benefits (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • The good ole boys network of top heavy senior management needs to be shaken up (in 8 reviews)

• Individuals contributors are held accountable for their deliverables, but managers are not (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Solid experience

Current Employee - Geospatial Analyst in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Geospatial Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at Jeppesen Sanderson as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Boeing Company
    Lots of good people to network with
    Opportunities to move around and try new things

Cons

Pay as a contractor was low
    Overall Contract management

Deliver a clearer message on the direction of the company.
    Recent mission presentation was way below sub par and a waste of time

Great while it lasted

I worked at Jeppesen Sanderson full-time

Pros

Great benefits, awesome salaries.

Cons

Leadership is a little foggy/unreliable. Lots of layoffs

Analyst - Temporary

Current Employee - Analyst in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Analyst in Centennial, CO

I have been working at Jeppesen Sanderson as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Good Company to work for, some opportunities for promotions/better jobs during my tenure, management was decent, didn't put to much pressure on our department and onsite food is great.

Cons

Has a corporate/"Office Space" type feel in the building, I worked a temporary position that was eventually layed off after a much shorter time than told, so any temp workers I suggest looking for permanant employment throughout job.

Good company culture

Current Employee - International Trip Planner in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - International Trip Planner in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Jeppesen Sanderson full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working schedule is a plus and coworkers are very intelligent and professional. Aviation knowledge and experience can be gained at a fast rate.

Cons

No upward mobility. Stuck in current position with no hope of moving on at current office.

Changes job descriptions to weed out existing hard workers.

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Englewood, CO

I worked at Jeppesen Sanderson full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Nice surroundings, very helpful co-workers, allowance for some levity and suggestions for improvement if a viable solution is offered along with the problem.

Cons

There always seems to be that level of stress wondering if you are next on the layoff list. Management has a habit of leading by fear and dangling "carrots" in front of you by way of empty promises of better hours, work conditions or pay if you are willing to go way above and beyond without proper compensation with the old "for now until we get through this rough patch" trick. It all reflects in the bottom line numbers that management ultimately gets credit for.

Pay attention to the people down on the bottom of the ladder. Learn what it takes to get the good numbers and give credit where it's due. Cut down on middle management that take undue credit and lead by fear.
    MVT used to be someone who paid attention and cared about the people but pressures and schedules changed that. Go back to being the great guy people wanted to please.

Good

I have been working at Jeppesen Sanderson

Pros

There are many career opportunities

Cons

I have not been here long enough to determine.

The GNS resistance to crucial conversations

Current Employee - Navigation Information Analyst Level III in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Jeppesen Sanderson full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Employees are talented, professional, and consistently some of the highest level "thinkers" I've had the privilege of working with. Almost across the board, Jeppesen GNS has consistently hired analysts who are driven and passionate about the aviation field and the role that Jeppesen products have in that community. Boeing offers company match (which can be allocated to stock, a major plus at this time).

Cons

Management is constantly working against their employees, often using "Big Brother" (aka Boeing) as the scapegoat for their excuses to why they refuse to support employee initiatives, technology updates, and forward thinking. Over the past year and a half, the restructuring efforts have eliminated so-called work-life balance and put undue pressure on already stressed-out employees to perform to standards that arn't transparent or even communicated. There has been a serious decline in morale, attrition is at a high, and mgmt's refusal to acknowledge these facts has put the squeeze on the millennial generation who have the time, skills, and education to seek employment elsewhere. This will leave a future void in talent when it will be most essential in the ever competitive technology field.

GET WITH THE TIMES! If your millennials are posting resumes elsewhere and leaving for flying jobs that are half the salary, where will this leave your company when the good ol' boys generation retires? Be real and ask us what's driving us out, and be transparent about your efforts to retain your best. Find out what we value and make the effort to deliver and you will receive devoted, hard-working people in return.

Contractor

I worked at Jeppesen Sanderson

Pros

They have good coworkers that build strong relationships fun work and interesting software, flexibility is wonderful with remote telecommute possible and embraced.

Cons

Some power driven mgt who uses threats...does not take 2 wks notice will sever contract immediately without pay so do not waste time with notice

Value peoples experience and discuss issues as adults

Arcaic and slow to react. Don't know where they want to go.

Current Employee - Navigation Information Analyst in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Navigation Information Analyst in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Jeppesen Sanderson full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are from Boeing. Good 401k, health, dental. Good culture among other colleagues. Culture that leaders are attempting to instill is unclear.

Cons

Managers have their own agenda and if your ideas and/or concerns conflict you are marked. Tools are outdated, some are approaching 20 years old. Too many chiefs and they want to add more!

Genuinely listen to people.

Budget cuts

I have been working at Jeppesen Sanderson full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

FLexibility in schedules, PTO 17 days a year to start.

Cons

Budget cuts and moving jobs overseas.

Figure out how to keep employees long-term.

Jeppesen Sanderson Photos

GREAT facility. Not your standard suburban office
Jeppesen Denver