Jeremys

Jeremy Kidson

dissatisfied with the company

Buyer (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

Prosinteresting company concept and valuable experience

ConsThe owner is a terror. The company goes through mass hires/layoffs a few times per year and pays nothing. Plain and simple the worst employer I have ever worked for.

The most demeaning, depressing and soul-crushing hierarchy I have ever been involved with.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsIf you're willing to take and emotional beating, it's a somewhat decent addition to your resume. Think of it as retail boot camp.

Cons-Pay is extremely low.
    -You are treated like more of an adult in middle school, i.e. you are forbidden to have conversations with your fellow slaves, I mean co-workers, even before and after store hours (be prepared to have "More work, less talk!" barked at you, if you so much as say hello to a co-worker), You are denied access to the restroom unless it is on your lunch, or your 15, regardless of if it's during downtime or not (Unless you are a manager, in which case you can excuse yourself whenever you please, 5-10 times a day)
    -Communication is non-existent between managers and associates. If you don't drop everything you're currently working on to do things such as clean up after a manager, or other petty tasks, they make sure that they shame you and make you feel like an idiot.
    -If business is slow, managers will go out of their way to create stress and chaos for the associates.

The overall ethic and morale of the company as a whole is extremely corrupt.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you expect to receive respect from your employees, give them a little respect yourselves. Your employees are not your slaves. Follow through with your incentives, and recognize that just because you're the "boss" of Jeremy's Department Store, doesn't mean you're better than anyone.

SPECIAL TYPE OF NIGHTMARE

San Francisco, CA

ProsLooking out the windows to a cool neighborhood mean while you are in your own personal LLEH *read backwards*

ConsThe most disorganized sham of a business I have ever worked for. The inconsistencies that come out of the founder & CEO Jeremy Kidson is laughable. I should have known something was off when I quickly found out that after a couple years of working here, not one employee had respect for him. Over works you for unrealistic expectations & under pays & under appreciates. Fun trivia fact: The man himself constantly makes passes at the sales employees working on the floor. AKWARD!

Advice to Senior ManagementTherapy 4xWeek

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

nightmare

Buyer (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsI actually enjoyed the work I did - just not who I was doing it for. I gained valuable experience that I have been able to use. This position did open quite a few doors for me after I left the company. Jeremy's has a good reputation in the city as a store and the office/store is located in a nice part of town, convenient to restaurants, busses, etc.

ConsThe owner purposefully humiliates and intimidates his employees multiple times throughout the day. He literally wants you to ask for permission before you leave your desk and go to the restroom. He is a complete nightmare. He goes through massive hires/fires a few times a year. He pays pennies and disrespects everyone around him.

Advice to Senior Managementgo to therapy and work out the numerous issues you have. learn to treat people with the respect they deserve. find a heart.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNone. Nada. Nothing positive to say about this experience.

ConsNo support and beyond unorganized.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for new jobs.

its a paycheck, but prepare to degrade yourself daily to get it.

Warehouse Manager: Inventory, Pricing, Receiving, Processing (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

Prosoffers money in exchange for work. when unsupervised, you can sometimes remember you are a citizen with the privilege of freedom.

Consalmost too many to list, so i will just keep to the big ones.
    -extremely low pay. im talking about managing 15-20 people for 18 months and making $12.50/hr.
    -constantly having basic human rights denied. i was once in the warehouse with only one other person, and was told that i had to wait for a loss prevention officer to arrive before i could use the restroom so no one was left alone in the warehouse. i waited an hour to pee. otherwise i would have been fired. AND I WAS THE MANAGER!
    -the day i resigned, there was only one other employee of the company still working there from the day i started. during the holidays there are 50+ employees, sometimes more, but there is a constant working staff of 35. in that time i would say over 60 people came and left. probably as many fired as there were who left by choice.

Advice to Senior Managementinvest in your employees, hire people and train them into employees you want to keep around. OR hire people who care about the job and know how to do it, but pay them what its worth.
    either way, you will need to pay more than the needed 10.35 minimum wage in SF to get a result, and it will be an extremely noticeable one.
    make an effort to advance people within the company, in position and pay, not your requisite $0.25 per year.

Stressful

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat clients and great deals. No communication within departments and no respect for employees

ConsNo communication within departments and no respect for employees. Some shady practices with pay as well. Terrible work environment.

Worked for Jeremys? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jeremys reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Jeremys CEO Jeremy Kidson . All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Jeremys employees.