Jeremys Reviews

20 reviews filtered by
2.3
Jeremy Kidson

1. Great Experience

I have been working at Jeremys full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Approved time off
    -Fair Pay
    -Great hours w/overtime
    -Management is great to work with

Cons

there is a lack of sales staff

It takes time and dedication to be management and if you don't have it then it will be hard to succeed

2. My experience so far working here is neutral same as any other retail place I've worked at.

Current Employee - Sales Associate- Stylist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate- Stylist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Jeremys full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Love getting first dibs on past season new arrival selections. Networking with people from abroad and also from San Francisco. Building up a clientele. Working in a rising location in San Francisco.

Cons

Well for now the SF store is still under construction so a lot of dust and dirtiness. Customers complain to us ,associates, a lot about the store or what not but we have no say in what goes on or how it's done. A lot of new hires for some reason can't handle working here so you'll see a lot of new faces throughout your tenure.

Hire a training manager that will train new employees by the book and allow a week of strictly just training for new hires, not just 2 days ,will make a difference!

3. great team .....

I have been working at Jeremys part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I love working with a small team everyone is close together and very cool

Cons

everything is always on sale.

5. Typical Retail

Current Employee - Stylist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Stylist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Jeremys part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Contemporary Clothing mixed with classic couture. Boutique hrs for employees.

Cons

Masses of lower priced items during the wrong season…. Tank Tops and shorts in the winter taking up room creating mess.

Be more involved with employees since this is a small company. Better training and offer better incentives for less employee turn over. Refurbish the floor for the safety of employees and consumers. A bad floor increases the chances of a bad back. Vending machine since we are located in the financial district where prices are inflated. A water filter for proper hydration. Employee of the month commission and employee appreciation. Pay increase for those with previous retail experience.

6. I love what I'm doing for the company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Jeremys

Pros

I love interacting with customers. So happy that I'm meeting my customers satisfaction.

Cons

Weekend huge sale are hard sometimes.

Less turn over.....

7. First pick at great merchandise!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Jeremys

Pros

It is great working here because you get first pick at all the beautiful designer merchandise that is 1/3 of department store prices. Its also great working here when the team is motivated and happy at work.

Cons

The sale days are very hard to get through when staff doesn't show up or quits last minute.

It might be good to give the sale associates some incentive keep working hard. That could be in the form of commission or by increasing morale around the store. Working here gives sales associates the skills to move on to other jobs where we might make commission or have other perks.

8. A place for professional growth

I have been working at Jeremys

Pros

The product is amazing! If you love fashion, this can be your playground! One of a kind items that you cant find anywhere else are coming in all the time. The regulars are amazing, and have become like a family to me.
    This is definitely an environment for people motivated to learn and gain work experience. If you are interested in merchandising, go for it! If you love selling, get excited about that Brioni suit for $500 and sell it! I have learned a lot about every aspect of the company and retail in general because I WANTED to and put in the hard work. I have been encouraged to do so from day one and continue to WANT to learn more. That option is still there for me as it is to all employees. I've seen cashiers become assistant managers because they showed promise and motivation!
    Benefits! Amazing health care (I don't pay ANYTHING when I go to the doctor!), dental, and if I am interested in pursuing outside interests, I can have a flexible schedule to do so.

Cons

It does get very busy, and that is to be expected! I have been to Urban Outfitters and seen literally mounds of clothing piled on the ground and customers digging through it during a sale. It is the nature of retail!
    I have been here when the store has run incredibly smoothly and efficiently. But at times, due to lack of structure, jobs begin to bleed together. Sometimes this is not a bad thing though! Again, it can be an opportunity to grow and learn new things! If you love to complain and connect through negativity, you will find it. If you have a natural curiosity and team spirit, you will find IT as well!

To be honest, I do not believe I need to give any advice because I have already seen him take some really amazing steps on changing the culture of the store and his interaction with employees because of these reviews!

9. WARNING: Think carefully before you accept this job!

Former Employee - Store Manager in Berkeley, CA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Berkeley, CA

I worked at Jeremys

Pros

To be completely honest..
     There are no "pro's" in working for this company! Read my "con's" and you will understand why!

Cons

"I walked off of the job after being so completely & utterly disrespected"

I would highly recommend thinking through your decision before joining this corrupt company. I agreed to accept the Store Manager position without fully understanding the morals and values of this company. And trust me when I say this, YOU DO NOT WANT TO WORK HERE! Upon accepting my position, upper management would walk off the job, employees would be mistreated and would thus quit immediately! This is NOT an "equal-employee opportunity" company! The morals and values of Jeremy Kidson are far from humane.

The Worst Company Values I've ever witnessed
    Awful Benefits (20% off regular marked items- w/ a limit of 4 uses)
    Disorganized/Unprofessional upper management and CEO
    Little to no care for the employee which resulted in the resignation of 9 employees during my position (also including management: ASM, me (store manager) )
    Strenuous work environment and overall atmosphere
    Excessive Sale Weekends (the company runs off of them)
    Jeremy Kidson is an awful human being (MY BUSINESS, MY RULES...YOU'RE JUST HERE TO WORK) (He enjoys communicating as if he's talking to a robot)
    Constant Craigslist & Indeed posting's which is beyond desperate
    Outdated computer system/ Employees are always frantic
    Refusal to comply with safety measures in the store! (3 staff were injured during my employment)

Equalize your policies and regulations
    Create a welcoming work environment
    STOP w/ the constant sales (Your company look's desperate) (No one care's if you've been in the business for over x amount of years... your values are horrendous)
    Clean your store effectively (It's filthy in there)
    Change your entire outlook!

10. Beware and please save your time and efforts because this place can not be saved.

I worked at Jeremys

Pros

The product! New merchandise everyday, unpredictable. Yes a lot of items are damaged but you save so much on the cost. Shopping here is much different from working here

Cons

Such an unorganized company, no structure what so ever. One day Jeremy wants things a certain way, the next day, if he's having a fit he wants things completely changed. How can you run and plan a success store if the owner is uncertain. Jeremy is seriously egotistical and believes that he is the God of all things created. He is sexist and only wants to hire women to laugh at his lame jokes. The worst CEO I've ever worked with!!! Split personality.

create better structure and operation systems, so things can be more streamline. Better training from back of house for front of house, and not to be upset if they don't get it the first time around. You can't be mad a someone who hasn't learned it to begin with.

11. Great store, but very stressful and overworked place!

Former Employee - Sales Associate and Stylist in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate and Stylist in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Jeremys full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people are great, the store has amazing clothes, shoes and accessories. The work schedule is flexible.

Cons

They don't have a computer system to the inventory control, everything is manual, employees need to count all items in the store every week (which are thousands).

The employees need to do markdowns, check the stock, to help costumers... It's necessary to do everything, all in the same time! Jeremy's Department is a little messy, sometimes crazy to work, is very, but very hard work.

The store makes crazy discounts every week, always very full. Few employees for many customers. It's very, very stressful. It's as the Black Friday, but every week. Is too many work for few people, and some days you need to work overnight, without help to back to home around 2:30 am.

Everyone wants leaving.

You need to invest in people, because stressed employees do not work well, it's necessary to work with love.

You need to create a computer system for the inventory control and the organization of the store, it saves money and time (and people).
    Hire more employees. A store that is always on sale, needs to have enough employees to help ALL the customers.
    The salary isn't enough for the overworked job.

Think about it! The Store has a big potencial, but needs to improve!