Jet Aviation

Add Photos

Peter G. Edwards

Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosgreat company. very nice people. able to move up in the company easily

Conscan be very stressful at times, and requires ALOT of multitasking

Advice to Senior Managementstop micro managing

just a number

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

ProsThe uniform was cute... I loved all of the clients.

Conspoor pay! terrible management.

Advice to Senior Managementwithout employees you'd have no one running the show. Be more understanding!

Challenging and busy!

Staff Accountant (Former Employee) Teterboro, NJ

ProsLots of room to grow and the managers push you to achieve high quality work.

ConsSome departments are under staffed and therefore overwhelm the employees with large workloads.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worked here for over 25 yrs & they let me go like a piece of garbage

Dispatch/Scheduler (Former Employee) Teterboro, NJ

ProsYou will get the best experience. Grab as much as you can. Stay on (in any position) for no more than 5 Years and then get out before they throw you out.

ConsManagement today is not like what it used to be. It was all about taking care of the customer which means keeping the employees happy. Today, they don't care. The moral is gone, the people work like dogs, and management will send them to the shelter to save their own job. HR won't even investigate the issue to find out the 5 W's - who,what,when, where and why. At least give the employee the benefit of the doubt especially when they have been loyal to the company for all those years. That did not happen in my case and it should of. Tisk tisk on you HR.

Advice to Senior ManagementOnly the people who care about the clients and the employees should be in management positions.

Needs improvement

Writer (Current Employee) Cahokia, IL

ProsHas a lot of potential and people willing and able to put out excellent work.

ConsNo real program for employee retention. A number of people have quit in a relatively short time. There's not much of a quality strategy to run the company. The need to hire the right people with the right skill sets rather than "train" the direct to do the tasks.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed new upper management. When a sports team is not doing well, they don't get rid of the players, they get rid of the coach.

Proud history - Vanishing Fast

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat product, very customer focused culture, generally opportunity for growth if you are committed.

ConsStill don't understand how some people get promoted and how some senior level managers stay in their jobs. Quick decline of the company since GD acquisition.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you can keep the essence of the company alive otherwise it will be dismanteled and sold of for parts.

I am heading out the door.

Engineer (Current Employee) Cahokia, IL

Pros4 day work week ( 4 10 hour days M thru Th)

Conslow pay, no training, lack of opportunity, poor management

Advice to Senior ManagementClear out the deadbeats, hire experienced people, compensate and APPRECIATE THE FEW TALENTED PEOPLE YOU HAVE, AND UTILIZE THEIR TALENT

Great Company!!

Manager (Current Employee) Teterboro, NJ

ProsGreat senior management, very supportive and ready to listen and help. Good benefits and opportunities to development and learning. Fair in promotions. Good balance in autonomy to managers and controls.

ConsSites not much integrated, but there are initiatives from managers to improve that. General Dynamics american way of doing business.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the style of Jet Aviation to deal with employees and customers, taking care with implementation of the GD way.

training

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsI like working for Jet

ConsEmplooyees on the MRO side are expected to constanly pull a rabbit out of there hat without OT. Hiring correct personnel would be an asset, miccro managaeing is killing moral

Advice to Senior Managementthere is one peson in managment that continues to use the bullying affect to get to the people under him. if you get in his good graces the world is good but if not ,,,look out

I like my job.

Avionics Speciaist (Current Employee) Cahokia, IL

ProsGreat benefits easy employees like a family.

ConsWork is li g a. Tedious.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep trying and you will succeed.

Worked for Jet Aviation? Contribute to the Community!