JetBlue

JetBlue Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

JetBlue President & CEO Dave Barger

Dave Barger

Pros
  • The flight benefits are another fantastic perk as well as the flexibility of work arrangements(in 45 reviews)

• Flying benefits are great, and the work is interesting(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management continues to lie and make false promises(in 8 reviews)

• Not very good at trickling down top management new ideas to middle management(in 7 reviews)

Did for the flight benefits

Reservation Agent (Former Employee)

ProsThere are two pros when working for Jetblue, one is the travel benefits. The other benefit is being able to work from home and not have to take up valuable time commuting.

ConsLow pay, rare career growth and they want you at a snap of there fingers.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet creative and find a way for employees to have career goals. Value your talent it will make a huge difference in your customers experience.

Exceptionally wonderful and hardworking people.

Intern (Former Employee) Long Island City, NY

ProsThe people and the culture make every day a great day to be in the office. Your opinion is valued and leaders care about you. The flight benefits are another fantastic perk as well as the flexibility of work arrangements.

ConsIf you get hired after interning, you're one of the lucky few. Job growth and opportunities are spoken of often, but sometimes they do not follow through.

Advice to Senior ManagementA little more structure around the everyday crewmember.

Good

Consultant (Former Employee) Long Island City, NY

Prosfree airfare and location of office!

Consnot enough growth in your career

Advice to Senior Managementpromote employees within the company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work!

Airport Operations Crew Member (Current Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsThe company culture is excellent. Very focused on employee happiness and satisfaction. Great perks, new airplanes, headquarters in New York, non-union.

ConsPeople love their job so they never leave, making it take time to gain seniority and find opportunities for promotion. some grumpy coworkers, but that's at any job really.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing the great job that you are doing!

Very valuable experience, increasingly frustrating environment

IT Systems Manager (Current Employee) Long Island City, NY

ProsThere are a lot of smart people, and a lot of visionaries have worked at this company. IT compensation is pretty darn good, even for New York.

ConsIT leadership is feckless, and having seen three different leadership teams it seems inevitable they will continue to be ineffective. Increasingly crewmembers are expected to be available any time of day or night for whatever whims your director or vp has.

The company culture has evolved such that style is valued above substance. Everyone is looking for the next big idea, and nobody had enough patience to see difficult problems solved.

Good People, poor management

Training Liaison (Former Employee) Long Beach, CA

ProsSome of the best people to work with, frontline employees make the job worth having, and helping customers always put a smile on my face.

ConsManagement is too stuck in their ways and their unfortunately is a lot of cronyism, makes it difficult to advance to a level of importance. Also many of the systems of accountability for front line employees are antiquated and do not account for reality, another unfortunate but true reality of this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to listen to their employees! They might be surprised that some of the best ideas come from the people who actually interact with the customers.

Great perks, no growth

Coordinator (Current Employee) Long Island City, NY

ProsFlying benefits are great, and the work is interesting. Depending on what team you are on you might have opportunities to work on great projects.

ConsThe company is becoming increasingly political, and there is much favoritism. Many teams do not try to promote from within, and growth within the company is difficult. The culture is changing.

Great culture and benefits

Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) Forest Hills, NY

ProsSmart, passionate people to work with, fun work culture. It was hard to leave the flight benefits too.

ConsIt's hard to work for an industry and company that struggles to make a profit. While JetBlue fared better than others, it's hard to get support, IT budgets, compensation, etc because of it.

Great People, Great Culture, Good Benefits, Rough hours

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI enjoyed working in a fast paced environment with fun people (there's always a couple of bad apples no matter where you work) for a company with strong values.

ConsThe hours can be taxing (i.e. early early mornings, and late late nights).

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! Continue to invest in your people and they will continue to invest in your customers.

Nice Human Resource

ProsThey are very nice and and extremely friendly

Consnone that I could think of

Advice to Senior Managementnone that I could think of

Worked for JetBlue? Contribute to the Community!