JetBlue

JetBlue Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

JetBlue President & CEO Dave Barger

Dave Barger

Pros
  • The flight benefits are another fantastic perk as well as the flexibility of work arrangements(in 45 reviews)

• Flying benefits are great, and the work is interesting(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management continues to lie and make false promises(in 8 reviews)

• Not very good at trickling down top management new ideas to middle management(in 7 reviews)

Am I going to get called out even though I did not give my name in this survey?

Airport Operations (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsI have a great scheudle now and I travel at least a few times a month. I am an people person. I love the interaction that I have with my customers especailly the regular ones. I love meeting customer from places that I have visited, it makes the job even more fun. I have even made a few friends with some of my customers.

ConsMechanical cancellations and honestly this swaping shift thing. Someone worked a 24 hour period hour shift and they only got paid straight time becasue they picked up shifts for some people. That is just plain wrong. I do understand rules behind it, but there should be some exceptions. This person picks up overtime and other people'sshifts often, but never 24 hours. The people in local leadership here smiled in that crewmember's face and said wow what a great job, but when that person got their paycheck, it said just the opposite.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey already know. It is sad that you have to come to a survey like this when you can not get you own issues resolved with management. I was told to go to my values group to get the crewmember's issue resolved and they took a month to respond to my email. I was so upset, I did not even want to respond back to it.

Don't work for jetblue

Ramp (Current Employee) Oakland, CA

ProsThere are no good reasons to work at jetblue in Oakland, California

ConsManagement. Poor safety for employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit.

dont get an airline job

Aircraft Dispatcher (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prostravel benefits and time off

Consmanagement, high cost of living in NYC

Advice to Senior Managementstart running the company like a real airline

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Did for the flight benefits

Reservation Agent (Former Employee)

ProsThere are two pros when working for Jetblue, one is the travel benefits. The other benefit is being able to work from home and not have to take up valuable time commuting.

ConsLow pay, rare career growth and they want you at a snap of there fingers.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet creative and find a way for employees to have career goals. Value your talent it will make a huge difference in your customers experience.

This company has changed dramatically........I have been with JetBlue for over 11 years.

In Flight Crew Member (Current Employee)

ProsTheir Care Team is amazing, wonderful people who are very supportive when you need it. You don't see that very often at big companies.

ConsThe REALLY don't care about their Inflight Department, period. Everything is a struggle and if you are on reserve, it can be really tough.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe the way you used to be.....treat your employees with dignity and respect and in turn you will get better performance from them.

Bait and switch

ProsTravel benefits like any other airline

ConsThey sell you their values but don't embody them.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Very disappointed; they don't practice what they preach.

Reservations/Customer Care (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsThey are still able to hire very good people and employees.

ConsThey don't take care and appreciate the good people they hire and the work they perform.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you preach "bringing humanity back to air travel" how about practicing bringing humanity back to employee relations.

Nice on the outside, but rotten on the inside

People Department (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros(This is all my view points from the LIC Support Center)
    -Younger workforce
    - Energized environment, but this differs from dept to dept
    - Great architecture at HQ with a modern-esq look and feel
    - Most upper management are at least educated, but that comes with arrogance
    - People are polite and professional
    - Fun culture when folks are happy

ConsVPs and higher have no clue as to what goes on with the Day 2 Day operations and therefore take the lead from their Directors and Managers. My first month there I heard so many jokes about job security, but never took anything seriously because I thought my credentials and experience will speak for themselves. Well, I was wrong. If they want someone else in the position that can be high performing (bringing their own people in), they will make sure you are setup to fail. You will slowly be phased out without even knowing and one day be called in to let you know you have been terminated with the reason there isn't enough work. Only to discover that more people were hired for the department. Lesson? Yes, don't be afraid to push boundaries because it seems those are the ones that make it.

New Directors and old ones are re-hired to implement changes, but all they do is perpetuate bad actions and policies. They hardly ever do what is right for their people.

Also, if you are good at sucking-up, you will get far. People are promoted into management positions not because they have the qualifications, but if the VP or Director like you and you've been there 2-5 years, you are guaranteed to get the spot regardless of anyone else being qualified on the team. For such a young company I was surprised at the lack of diversity at the HQ. Hardly any people of color in management positions and hardly any women occupying top positions. The ones that are, seem like they only got it because of EEO policies (no pun intended). I know they are smart, but form the outside it looks like a farce.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou claim to live by the mission and vision, but it seems it only pertains to customers. The people working hard to support you seem to be treated like they are dispensable and irrelevant. Remember to get to the top, you still need to step up and look down. Don't let your eagerness to get to the top cloud your judgement to do the right thing and concentrate less on doing it right.

False Perception of a company making believe they care

Flight Attendant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsWorking with some great fellow inflight crews.

ConsWork rules are horrible and are only followed when convenient for management. Crew scheduling and the whole reserve life is the worst in the industry. They fire people at a drop of a dime. Duty days go up to 18 hours at a time with little or no rest, not safe for anybody and then they are surprised when we get sick from being run down. Layovers are beyond short. No job security at all

Advice to Senior ManagementYou would think we would be treated better and be sincerely valued. I have been told that Flight Attendants are a dime a dozen. Treat your flight attendants well, and the good karma will trickle down to the customers. No wonder so many are talking about a union. It is hard to keep caring so much for our customers when we are not treated right. So many of us really take pride in our career, help us help you.

OK place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou and your family fly for free

ConsThere is no overtime...ever. Not after 8 hours, not after 40 hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Worked for JetBlue? Contribute to the Community!