JetBlue

JetBlue Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

JetBlue President & CEO Dave Barger

Dave Barger

Pros
  • The flight benefits are another fantastic perk as well as the flexibility of work arrangements(in 45 reviews)

• Flying benefits are great, and the work is interesting(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management continues to lie and make false promises(in 8 reviews)

• Not very good at trickling down top management new ideas to middle management(in 7 reviews)

Interesting.

Airport Operations Crew Member (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsI loved being able to fly for free. I loved being able to swap my hours.

ConsI just left. Thank goodness. This is why I feel this way. jetBlue has new uniforms! Yes, the new uniforms brighten up the front line as was desperately needed. However, corporate has dictated that female Airport Operations employees wear heels while behind the ticket counter, while running through the airport several times a day, while working the gates, and while running up and down the jetbridges. Female AO employees may wear heels 1/2" to 3". While 1/2" really doesn't sound so bad, the female AO crewmember is limited to solid black shoes with a defined heel. The male employee may wear their loafers and their dress shoes. They have the option of wearing sensible shoes where the female crewmember does not. Look around at any profession where the employee is on their feet all day, and you will see them wearing a sensible shoe. jetBlue's new shoe policy for female airport operations crewmembers rule out Dansko, Clarks, Merrills, etc. The female airport operations crewmember is enduring pain and sitting back and adhering to corporate's policy. If they don't, they will be noncompliant and will lose their job.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember jetBlue's values and apply them.

really good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood experience cant complain about them of how they treat employees

Consroockie or unexprerience management in some areas not all

Good

Consultant (Former Employee) Long Island City, NY

Prosfree airfare and location of office!

Consnot enough growth in your career

Advice to Senior Managementpromote employees within the company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good People, poor management

Training Liaison (Former Employee) Long Beach, CA

ProsSome of the best people to work with, frontline employees make the job worth having, and helping customers always put a smile on my face.

ConsManagement is too stuck in their ways and their unfortunately is a lot of cronyism, makes it difficult to advance to a level of importance. Also many of the systems of accountability for front line employees are antiquated and do not account for reality, another unfortunate but true reality of this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to listen to their employees! They might be surprised that some of the best ideas come from the people who actually interact with the customers.

Great perks, no growth

Coordinator (Current Employee) Long Island City, NY

ProsFlying benefits are great, and the work is interesting. Depending on what team you are on you might have opportunities to work on great projects.

ConsThe company is becoming increasingly political, and there is much favoritism. Many teams do not try to promote from within, and growth within the company is difficult. The culture is changing.

Great Company, No Growth

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Long Island City, NY

ProsUnlimited free travel. Brand new work modern facilities.

ConsAbsolutely no job growth available.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Good company, but not enough opportunities and support from management

Coordinator (Current Employee) Long Island City, NY

ProsGood brand, nice and casual people, flight benefits, good work-life balance, modern office space, exciting projects

ConsNo opportunity for growth, low salaries, too much emphasis solely on communication skills, lots of politics, sometimes uninvolved management

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in your crewmembers by giving them the chance to grow and rewarding them for their practical skills, not only the ability to sell themselves. Having a strong marketing team is important, but the doers and quiet achievers are as important for the success of the company. Respect diversity and embrace all types of personalities. Promoting only the people with great soft skills and overlooking the humble, quieter achievers is not the best approach and in the long term you will lose valuable talent.

Company has changed drastically since founder David Neeleman was forced out

Flight Attendant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat travel benefits and competitive pay.

ConsThe company is more concerned about making money than anything else. To make money, they want to keep the customers happy, many times at the expense of safety.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring people that are inexperienced, unprofessional and uneducated. JetBlue hires people that other supervisors are dating, sleeping with, or related to. Most the supervisors I knew rarely followed any of the rules they expected those they were supervising to follow. Too much nepotism, cronyism, and favoritism. The company managers and executives date within the company, and blatantly play favorites.

Great company, poor pay.

At Home Representative (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsFree flights. Good benefits. Wonderful co-workers.

ConsGenerally, I had to catch a flight out of Las Vegas.

A good opportunity for my first two years, but disappointing the last two years.

Reservations Agent (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsWorking from home, travel benefits, thorough training and resources, opportunity to advance, friendly atmosphere, flexible schedule and travel opportunities.

ConsPolicies were constantly changing. Job expectations changed more towards sales, it was required we have a certain percentile of upscale on our average calls per review period.

Worked for JetBlue? Contribute to the Community!