JetBlue

JetBlue Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

JetBlue President & CEO Dave Barger

Dave Barger

Pros
  • The flight benefits are another fantastic perk as well as the flexibility of work arrangements(in 45 reviews)

• Flying benefits are great, and the work is interesting(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management continues to lie and make false promises(in 8 reviews)

• Not very good at trickling down top management new ideas to middle management(in 7 reviews)

Jetblue has been one massive disappointment after another.

Flight Operations (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsDecent control of schedule, multiple east coast bases, travel benefits, motion on the seniority list is picking up due to others leaving for better employment.

ConsHealthcare is well below par, work rules and hourly pay are below average, the vacation system is broken, retirement is behind average, sick and personal time accrual is behind average, moral on the line is pretty poor, most conversations revolve around the poor compensation and work rules.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou constantly over promise and under deliver. Treat your long term employees better, they will take care of the customers better. They can also save the company time and money in fuel savings as well as raise NPS scores.

Avoid the IT department at jetBlue if you value your career

IT Manager (Current Employee) Long Island City, NY

Pros- Free flights
    - people I work with I get along well with

Cons- Directors are still detached, selfish, and ignore recommendations from their management and experienced people, leaving those people to mop up poor decisions
    - A lot of managers don't escalate, let the directors walk all over them and make decisions that they know are not optimal
    - Certain directors (Infrastructure services) are allowed to hire people from their old companies directly into management positions that are created specifically for them and in some cases unnecessary, even if they're not qualified
    - Directors place unqualified people into certain positions and levels (architect) simply to say that there are career opportunities
    - There is high risk of retaliation when you bring concerns to your manager or Director (poor reviews without clear reasons or followup/engagement from your Crewleader)
    - There are no promotions. You must apply for a position, then you're not given competitive salaries, but a minimal increase based on your current salary. There's also risk of retaliation if you then refuse the promotion.
    - Salaries are non-competitive with local NYC market, IT is having extreme difficult acquiring talent, and talent retention is difficult.
    - Talent management is among the worst I've seen in any IT department, subject matter experts are now detached and have no incentive to engage in current projects and initiatives
    - Extreme lack of vision in the director level in terms of overall strategy, lots of money spent in the wrong places or poorly spent (Infrastructure)

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople department needs to pay closer attention to what's going on in departments, specifically IT. There needs to be more ways for Crewmembers to state their concerns or issues without possibility retaliation from their management. It seems the CIO had good intentions, but he brought in and moved a couple of ineffective people into key roles that has IT unable to engage and meet the rapidly changing needs of the business.

A company that's lost its way and treats the internal customer poorly

In Flight (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsIN the beginning, company had 5 values and stood by them, was amazing to be there. But as company grew, direction and treatment of employees lost.

ConsManagement as be turned over to other airline execs., treatment of employees is horrible, healthcare is created by JB, not a healthcare company. Profits over people is now the norm. Fear runs thru the employees to keep their job

Advice to Senior ManagementIn your goal to gain money you lost your vision of what the company stood for, Nelman's dream turned to a Barger nightmare wih his incompetant management firing people with no say or reason why. You go against the grain ur immediately removed no reason why.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

long

ProsJetBlue Airways offers free flight benefits, yearly raises, flexible schedule. We also get other discounts to other companies that JetBlue partners with.

ConsJetblue is still a start up company and is still learning how they want to run the company. There is a lot of inconsistency between stations and employees

rapidly deteriorating.

Pilot (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosemployees are fabulous in spite of working conditions

ConsManagement gets more hostile everyday

Advice to Senior Managementplease explain how Alaska who you say is in the sweet spot with us, can quadruple our profit with less planes and 15% higher costs. Tell us how you agreed to a pay review process and then broke your word. Tell us how you plan to attract any pilot with 15% under industry average wages, the worst health care in the industry and below average retirement.

Great company & culture.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat coworkers. Culture is really great, company feels like a family. Also amazing flight benefits. Fun place to work.

ConsPay isn't the greatest, depending on your job. Sometimes can be hard to move up or transition to other role, a lot of depends on who your friends are and personality.

Great Job, just don't go seasonal

Airport Operations Crew Member (Former Employee) Buffalo, NY

ProsFlight Benefits and flexible schedule

ConsSeasonal workers don't get the same treatment as permanent employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow those who really want to be there a chance, let local management give honest opinion about the worker instead of letting corporate, whom knows nothing about the worker to make the decision.

Crewmember is a Euphemism for Employee

Ground Operations (Current Employee) Long Beach, CA

ProsJetBlue is very generous with flight benefits. Direct deposit is reliable. There is a large TV in the break room and couches in the locker room.

ConsIf I could go back in time, I would never have worked for this company. They are involved in an endless struggle of codifying the terms of employment and performance. The recruitment process is an absolute joke. It has improved over the years, however the target selection process doesn't always yield the best results.

Yuck!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Long Island City, NY

ProsDO NOT TRUST THE POSITIVE REVIEWS HERE! They are written by HR! If you desire to work in a place filled with dirty hipsters whose major life decision is going from a full on beard to mutton chops, party boys and party girls whose only redeeming quality is not driving after a binge drinking session that seems to happen nightly, people who feel the need to mention their "lifestyle preferences" (if you know what I mean) every time you talk to them, managers who are abusive and will lie to your face, then this is the place for you. If you seek a respectable professional environment that actually values some kind of sense of sanity and morality, please look elsewhere.

ConsAnything and everything. This place is a complete and utter disaster. It's sad to see a once wonderful company get into such disarray.

Advice to Senior ManagementExpunge the cancers that are killing this company. When founder David Neeleman was ousted, the company lost it's way. David was a humble and moral man who believed in doing right by the customer and the employee. The company has certainly lost its way.

Every year it gets worst to work in a jetblue environment.

Flight Attendant (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsYou can fly for free.

ConsEver since the first CEO and founder got released for doing the right thing, the work place has gotten hostel, no values and loyalty towards its employees. The longer you last in the company the more of a liability you become to the company, and the company tries to find any reasons to dismiss your employment. In other words you have to work in eggshells and can't be human at all. Every time you get on a plane your risking your life with radiation,terrorist acts, decease and so on,but they don't want to take care of you with a great health insurance.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to the roots that Jetblue was build on,taking care of your employees, if they start doing that again the employees will take care of the company. Change supervisors and management that are there now and hire again our founding father the CEO who started the company.

Worked for JetBlue? Contribute to the Community!