JetBlue

JetBlue Reviews in New York City, NY

Updated Jul 2, 2014

JetBlue President & CEO Dave Barger

Dave Barger

Pros
  • The flight benefits are another fantastic perk as well as the flexibility of work arrangements(in 45 reviews)

• Flying benefits are great, and the work is interesting(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management continues to lie and make false promises(in 8 reviews)

• Not very good at trickling down top management new ideas to middle management(in 7 reviews)

100 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Exceptionally wonderful and hardworking people.

Intern (Former Employee) Long Island City, NY

ProsThe people and the culture make every day a great day to be in the office. Your opinion is valued and leaders care about you. The flight benefits are another fantastic perk as well as the flexibility of work arrangements.

ConsIf you get hired after interning, you're one of the lucky few. Job growth and opportunities are spoken of often, but sometimes they do not follow through.

Advice to Senior ManagementA little more structure around the everyday crewmember.

Profits over people.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Jamaica, NY

ProsFlight benefits, decent 401(k). Stock options were a nice touch, helped to compensate the abysmal salaries.

ConsMass layoff in order to hire contracting companies. Not losing money, just decided they aren't in that 'business' anymore.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at who your middle management is and where they come from. If they came from a failing airline, chances are they are going to make you fail also.

Interesting.

Airport Operations Crew Member (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsI loved being able to fly for free. I loved being able to swap my hours.

ConsI just left. Thank goodness. This is why I feel this way. jetBlue has new uniforms! Yes, the new uniforms brighten up the front line as was desperately needed. However, corporate has dictated that female Airport Operations employees wear heels while behind the ticket counter, while running through the airport several times a day, while working the gates, and while running up and down the jetbridges. Female AO employees may wear heels 1/2" to 3". While 1/2" really doesn't sound so bad, the female AO crewmember is limited to solid black shoes with a defined heel. The male employee may wear their loafers and their dress shoes. They have the option of wearing sensible shoes where the female crewmember does not. Look around at any profession where the employee is on their feet all day, and you will see them wearing a sensible shoe. jetBlue's new shoe policy for female airport operations crewmembers rule out Dansko, Clarks, Merrills, etc. The female airport operations crewmember is enduring pain and sitting back and adhering to corporate's policy. If they don't, they will be noncompliant and will lose their job.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember jetBlue's values and apply them.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very valuable experience, increasingly frustrating environment

IT Systems Manager (Current Employee) Long Island City, NY

ProsThere are a lot of smart people, and a lot of visionaries have worked at this company. IT compensation is pretty darn good, even for New York.

ConsIT leadership is feckless, and having seen three different leadership teams it seems inevitable they will continue to be ineffective. Increasingly crewmembers are expected to be available any time of day or night for whatever whims your director or vp has.

The company culture has evolved such that style is valued above substance. Everyone is looking for the next big idea, and nobody had enough patience to see difficult problems solved.

Great culture and benefits

Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) Forest Hills, NY

ProsSmart, passionate people to work with, fun work culture. It was hard to leave the flight benefits too.

ConsIt's hard to work for an industry and company that struggles to make a profit. While JetBlue fared better than others, it's hard to get support, IT budgets, compensation, etc because of it.

Good

Consultant (Former Employee) Long Island City, NY

Prosfree airfare and location of office!

Consnot enough growth in your career

Advice to Senior Managementpromote employees within the company

Great perks, no growth

Coordinator (Current Employee) Long Island City, NY

ProsFlying benefits are great, and the work is interesting. Depending on what team you are on you might have opportunities to work on great projects.

ConsThe company is becoming increasingly political, and there is much favoritism. Many teams do not try to promote from within, and growth within the company is difficult. The culture is changing.

Great Company, No Growth

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Long Island City, NY

ProsUnlimited free travel. Brand new work modern facilities.

ConsAbsolutely no job growth available.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Great company to work for, great people, great culture.

Manager Operational Finance (Current Employee) Long Island City, NY

ProsI've worked in various departments at JetBlue, so I will start with a disclaimer that not all departments are great. However those that live the company values and have strong leadership are great and thrive very well. Crew members who are willing to learn and willingly get to know various parts of the company can be handsomely rewarded with a promotion in a short amount of time.

ConsOperational support analysts have little direction which leads to high turnover or people stuck in the same role for long periods of time. You certainly choose your own direction at JetBlue, and if you don't make the most of it, it could get stale fast. Also, lower than market pay for corporate employees.

great company

In Flight (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosvery hip airline,great co workers

Consroom for growth.being on reserve can get old fast

Advice to Senior Managementshow your caring values a lil more than talking about them

Worked for JetBlue? Contribute to the Community!