JetBlue

JetBlue Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

JetBlue President & CEO Dave Barger

Dave Barger

Pros
  • The flight benefits are another fantastic perk as well as the flexibility of work arrangements(in 45 reviews)

• Flying benefits are great, and the work is interesting(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management continues to lie and make false promises(in 8 reviews)

• Not very good at trickling down top management new ideas to middle management(in 7 reviews)

It's a family not just a job.

Crew Support (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsJetBlue is a family. You have fun with your coworkers. Reservations is open 24/7 and that means crazy hours to fit your crazy life. If you live in Utah you can work from home after training. There are plenty of departments to move around in and keep you interested.

ConsReservations schedules change every four months. You could love your shift and then have to change your while life. It takes forever to get seniority. It's also very easy to get points but difficult to get rid of them so beware.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it a little easier to get rid of points. I left the company I loved because of a few late starts and some family emergencies.

Culture

In Flight Crew Member (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsOne unique thing about B6 is the people have created an amazing culture. The company gives us the tools to be able make our customers experience amazing.

ConsMore diversity in the leadership would be amazing.

Exceptionally wonderful and hardworking people.

Intern (Former Employee) Long Island City, NY

ProsThe people and the culture make every day a great day to be in the office. Your opinion is valued and leaders care about you. The flight benefits are another fantastic perk as well as the flexibility of work arrangements.

ConsIf you get hired after interning, you're one of the lucky few. Job growth and opportunities are spoken of often, but sometimes they do not follow through.

Advice to Senior ManagementA little more structure around the everyday crewmember.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work!

Airport Operations Crew Member (Current Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsThe company culture is excellent. Very focused on employee happiness and satisfaction. Great perks, new airplanes, headquarters in New York, non-union.

ConsPeople love their job so they never leave, making it take time to gain seniority and find opportunities for promotion. some grumpy coworkers, but that's at any job really.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing the great job that you are doing!

Nice Human Resource

ProsThey are very nice and and extremely friendly

Consnone that I could think of

Advice to Senior Managementnone that I could think of

Great company to work for, great people, great culture.

Manager Operational Finance (Current Employee) Long Island City, NY

ProsI've worked in various departments at JetBlue, so I will start with a disclaimer that not all departments are great. However those that live the company values and have strong leadership are great and thrive very well. Crew members who are willing to learn and willingly get to know various parts of the company can be handsomely rewarded with a promotion in a short amount of time.

ConsOperational support analysts have little direction which leads to high turnover or people stuck in the same role for long periods of time. You certainly choose your own direction at JetBlue, and if you don't make the most of it, it could get stale fast. Also, lower than market pay for corporate employees.

Great training and strong encouragement to promote quickly.

Reservations (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsPositive outlook and growth opportunities if I decide not to work at home. Oh, did I mention flight benefits.

ConsHectic at times, but that would be the industry.

Perfect job for my family

Reservations Crew Member (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsFlight benefits, very flexible, able to be home with my family and get my work done.

ConsSometimes gets very busy, mandatory overtime during storms, can be treated like a kid with the punishment system, even though it is flexible.

Ground Operations

Ground Operations (Former Employee) Newark, NJ

ProsFantastic Company, great people to work with, no complaints at all..

ConsVeterans usually like to slack, management needs a little more training in managing and not in the office.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry looking out the window or out the office and see what is going on...

Great company that listens to its employees

Analyst (Current Employee) Long Island City, NY

ProsJetBlue is a great company to work for because the culture of the company is to listen to and support its emoloyees and offer the best experience for its customers. The company HQ is top of the line and lots of friendly people.

ConsIt's hard to complain about a company that has "fun" as one of their values but of course no company is without its short comings. Getting your foot in the door of the company might be hard but once you're there it's even harder to move up unless you network and schmooze with the right people. The company does emphasize that it wants employees that fit the culture but too often I have seen the most qualified be passed over for the more extroverted socialite who might not be as sharp but knows how to light up a room.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing but make sure to reward the hardest workers, not just the popular ones.

Worked for JetBlue? Contribute to the Community!