JetBlue Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.6
Robin Hayes

Pros
  • It was hard to leave the flight benefits too (in 48 reviews)

• Flying benefits are great, and the work is interesting (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Salaries for middle management are below average, some directors and VPs have huge bonuses (in 7 reviews)

• Zero job/career protections as well as true codified work rules (in 7 reviews)

1. Jetblue-A Great Place to Be

Current Employee - Inflight Crew member in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Inflight Crew member in New York, NY

Pros

The people are awesome! Everyday theres something different. Benefits are excellent. Also the hotels that we layover in are wonderful. The customers are also very nice for the most part. Youll never have the same experience everyday. Also, you get your very own set of uniform issue. As well as a yearly allowance to replenish your stock. You get discounts on many things such as telephone, gym membership and electronics such as computers and other electronic devices. Best of all you get to travel the world for FREE on other airlines through reciprocal agreements and ID-90 agreements. Truely a good place.

Cons

Long duty days at times. You work transcon turns on some days.

Advice to Management

Keep doing an excellent job

JetBlue creates loyal crew-members by giving them encouragement, love, and a positive work environment.

Current Employee - Crew Support in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Crew Support in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

I work from home 75% of the time. When weather conditions become bad, we're encouraged to work from home, even if scheduled to work from the center. If the call volume is low, we are offered VTO or Voluntary Time Off, which gives us time off without pay, but the hours we would have worked count toward FMLA. We can trade all or part of our schedules with other people and do not have to have supervisor permission. I fly standby for free on jetblue, my family flies free and I am given two roundtrip buddy passes 4 times a year for friends that allow them to fly anywhere jetBlue flies for under $50 each way. Plus we get standby on around 70 other airlines for as little as $35 each direction and 75% off 2nd day and overnight shipping at FedEx.

Cons

There are very few paid holidays, only 3 a year, and because you are working from home, you do get paid less (less money going into gas or transit). Also, there can be spikes where more workers are needed and overtime is requested. This frequently occurrs on holidays since they are high transportation times. Airlines don't close on holidays so you do have to work them. We are open 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week.

Advice to Management

Leaving people at airports stranded is not worth it. We need to plan ahead and err on the side of caution. While I agree we don't want to ground planes unless we need to, having customer sit in airports for 6 hours when it could be avoided is silly. When operations are irregular, lets get planning and move to notify customers. If the FAA says the delay will be 4 hrs, lets plan on 4.5 and have our crews reorganized to be there when we think the plane ought to be able to go.

3. Great place to work & flight benefits can not be beat

Current Employee - Administrative in Forest Hills, NY
    Current Employee - Administrative in Forest Hills, NY

Pros

I believe that JetBlue alows you to grow & provides you the chance to experience all aspects of an airline. The travel benefit will allow you to enjoy your time off while seeing places that you might of never of visited. You have a chance to interact with many different departments & senior management often provides open forums to discuss concerns and ideas

Cons

Due to oil being the driving factor in the industry I think it makes for less comfort in job security

Advice to Management

Respect your crewmembers and understand that shift work is hard. Please be considerate when forming bids. Crew reconition for a job well done is the best way to promote excellent customer service in an industry that runs on seniority.

5. JetBlue... It's not just about FREE FLIGHTS!

Current Employee - Ground Operations in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Ground Operations in Long Beach, CA

Pros

JetBlue is an amazing place to work... Not only for the benefits. I have been there for a little over a year and feel like I have built a second family. For the most part, the supervisors are extremely supportive. They are willing to help you out any way that they can, regardless if it has to do with work or not. They are open and will come to you if any problems arise. They show appreciation when you go above and beyond. My coworkers are AMAZING! Of course every job has it's bad apples, but honestly, they are few and far between. The people that I work with, WANT to work for JetBlue and LOVE what they are doing. We have crewmember parties, get-togethers out side of work, and just plain out fun. 99% of us enjoy waking up and coming to work everyday not only because we have a great time, but because we are with great people. We stand by our 5 values and that's what makes it such a great place.

Cons

Downsides... Well, I can't think of a whole lot. Right now we are somewhat short staffed. We are in the process of hiring new crewmembers but it seems like the hiring process takes so long. I know that the hiring process is thorough but I think that the higher ups wait until the last minute to hire new people. This needs to be addressed. Also, I think that management needs to be more involved with the stations. Our specific station does not have a GM at the moment. Our regional manager is around maybe three times a week. I know many people feel like they don't have anyone above the supervisors that they can turn to for issues.

Advice to Management

I think that Senior Management needs to be more involved. Instead of just being at the job... Actually BE around. See what we go through during the operation of a day. You can't rely on just what people say. You need to be in the operation.

6. Jet Blue Airlines named the best by JD POWERS AND ASSOCIATES 6 YEARS IN A ROLL

Current Employee - Ground Operations in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Ground Operations in Orlando, FL

Pros

The respect and integrity that you reacive no matter what airport your at is priceless.

Cons

Well when the gas prices were up we were concern because we want to continue serveing our custumer with 100 satisfaction.

Advice to Management

Keep moving foward with our plan and keep being the best coach airline in the industry.

7. Great Place to Work!

Former Employee - Intern Engineer in Forest Hills, NY
    Former Employee - Intern Engineer in Forest Hills, NY

Pros

free standby travel, flextime, casual environment, GREAT PEOPLE

Cons

pay is low, work is long and hard, company does not have large budget--project selection becomes challenging

Advice to Management

Great company, good direction. Invest in your people, invest in future technology!

8. FUN and REWARDING!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Forest Hills, NY

Pros

amazing people all around, free travel, fun, excellent brand and product. i've been here seven years and have grown tremendously. The opportunities are wonderful.

Cons

Change is a constant thing at JetBlue. The minute you get comfortable with one process, it changes. I think to be successful the company has to constantly adapt.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! I love the State of the Airline address, the pocket sessions, the ticket giveaways and our business strategy.

9. Excellent

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Forest Hills, NY

Pros

Young, hip, cool place to work

Cons

not a lot of process and procedure in place. can be frustrating. this, however, does NOT apply to the safety sensitive jobs like pilots, mechanics, flight attendant.

Advice to Management

preserve the small company feel as we grow

It was an amazing experience. I was sad to leave.

Former Employee - Coordinator, Accounts Payable in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Coordinator, Accounts Payable in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

The five values encompass it all. Integrity, Passion, Fun, Safety, Caring... and of course the flight benefits.

Cons

the pay. the health and medical benefits.

Advice to Management

n/a

11. Building relationship

Current Employee - Customer Service in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service in New York, NY

Pros

Friendly environment, Good salary and path to grow.

Cons

Busy schedule, rough hours, more close relationship between crew members and management. Better IT

Advice to Management

Better relationship with crew members

RSS Feed </> Embed