JetBlue Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Awesome coworkers, management critically disconnected from reality.

Current Employee - In Flight Crew Member in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - In Flight Crew Member in Boston, MA

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A chance to see the eastern seaboard. Great west coast layovers Very short reserve time because of high turnover and growth Easy service and fantastic passengers

Cons

Manuals and policies lacking: when you find a blank spot, management will always side with the passenger. New policies, such as attendance, are released 5 days prior to being effective, despite being crafted a year in advance. Middle management interrogates, intimidates, and treats IFCs as expendable. The whole goal of this is to drive up turnover and reduce labor costs (I think). All of the supervisors are from other airlines. I'm not sure if this says something about the company or management or the position, but only a handful of supervisors have ever worn a JetBlue uniform.

Advice to Management

Fire pretty much everyone in frontline leadership. Current supervisors are useless: they rarely have the answers, frequently provide obviously false answers, and drive crewmembers away from advancement and the company in general. Promote from within. Nothing about hiring 4 supervisors from the now defunct American Eagle base says "we value our employees and support internal growth." Stop focusing on silly things. Don't put together a whole team to sell a psychological pay raise to your employees. Stop holding anti-Union propaganda sessions in training. Stop making up stories about unions and union representation. Take a good, hard look and recognize that your turnover is artificially high and you have a very large contingent of flight attendants who don't leave because they can't, and then change things from there.

Airport Operations Liaison

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Not a Monday through Friday type of job. Lots of extra hours available to work if extra income is needed. Something new each day dealing with customers. Great travel benefits for yourself and your family.

Cons

Sometimes your work shift might not be that good but with time that changes.

3. Materiel Coordinator

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Get to work with really smart easy going people and a very good work environment.

Cons

Leadership does not communicate often and possibilities for advancement are scarce

Advice to Management

There's plenty of talent in house, you just keep shuffling around the same people reason why you always get more of the same.

5. Great Place to Work

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The crewmembers are all friendly and great to work with. It is like a second family. Can be challenging, but you have the ability to learn a lot and apply knowledge to solve problems.

Cons

Very hard to use travel perks. Sometimes it is hard to be recognized for the efforts that you are putting forth.

6. Great to work from home!

Current Employee - Reservations Agent in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Reservations Agent in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Values, culture, top notch with insurance and other benefits. 401k is the best I have seen. So nice to work from home, especially if you're a home body type person.

Cons

Inconsistent with policy and/procedures as quoted or directed by CS and jb database. But that is to be expected as working from home and not everyone is aware of all policy/procedure changes.

Advice to Management

No advice. But if I had any, I know I could submit suggestions through the JB pipeline.

7. Cheap company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at JetBlue part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flight benefits work from home

Cons

There systems never worked it said in a couple months it will be fixed been 4 months still doing my job with no tools. Treat the employees like crap so cheap will not give pen and paper in training. Poor way way poor pay for the work. Feels like I am working all alone in space

Advice to Management

Be there when your employees work supervisor should work same schedule as their employees. Get better systems do not be so cheap.

8. Not bad, horrible maternity/paternity leave

Current Employee - AO/LSC in Long Is City, NY
    Current Employee - AO/LSC in Long Is City, NY

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

Travel benefits, if you can get on.

Cons

Shocking that a company that is so forward thinking on so many issues offers ZERO paid paternity or maternity leave. Unreal. This is how you get a union JetBlue...

9. reservations

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at JetBlue full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benfits and free travel

Cons

Stressful training crammed into four weeks no real support

Advice to Management

Give more support and care

10. Manager

Current Employee - Manager in Long Island City, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in Long Island City, NY

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people who really care about their jobs and the culture. I have worked with so many who perhaps don't have the highest level of ability, but they care so much about getting it right that they work hard to still make sure it is the best it can be.

Cons

Compensation - you have to be willing to take a lower salary to start there, but they really do reward merit, so it can increase substantially, and rapidly.

Advice to Management

Make sure you continue to maintain transparency. With more growth comes more necessary confidentiality, but that can come across as a lack of transparency when you avoid answering questions.

11. JFK or BOS base for inflight are junior

Current Employee - In Flight in New York, NY
    Current Employee - In Flight in New York, NY

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I got a line in a year and a half in JFK

Cons

Only west coast base is LGB and it's super senior

Advice to Management

N/A

RSS Feed </> Embed